• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Noob

USAcricketman

Cricket Spectator
Hello all, im the new guy. I need help getting started. I live in the states= majority of people dont even know cricket exsists. If anyone could send links for afordable starting equipment for leisure use i would appreciate it alot.
Thanks.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
IMO u can get it at ne shop selling indian/subcontinental stuff. if not go there and ask around they ought to know

USAcricketman

Cricket Spectator
Im Confused

i cant seem to just find a starter set that has enough description to know if i want to buy it. Some sets are Junior sets, witch i hope just meens lighter and not half sized. I havnt purchised anything yet. But im getting frustrated. Also what is size 4,6 etc mean? What size to i need?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Hi mate, good to see you're getting started with cricket and welcome to CW.:)

For leisure cricket I use old bats - no english willow. Kookaburra Gold Crown is a classic, terrible bat thats perfect for Backyard or frontyard cricket.:D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Size 4 bats are about the right size if you're 9.
Size 6 will work for about 11-13 year olds but you can get away with it for ages - we still use a 6 on the beach.

After that you go on to short handles (SHs) (if you're about 160-170cm tall) or full size (if you're taller).