• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting Started

NikhilN

International Regular
The thing is very cheap...not sure if you should buy it cause it doesnt look right to me

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
thats sort of thing is fine for mucking around in the backyard, though tennis balls are better than whatever comes with that.

another way would be to contact the closest cricket side to you and seeing if they have any old equiment they could give you...

where in the US do you live?

rodderss

Cricket Spectator
well normally you can pick up a slazenger v 600 package for twenty pounds here with wood stumps , beginenrs bat , rubber ball keeper gloves , good for twenty pounds ,

Langeveldt

Soutie
rodderss said:
well normally you can pick up a slazenger v 600 package for twenty pounds here with wood stumps , beginenrs bat , rubber ball keeper gloves , good for twenty pounds ,
Willow bats will be more expensive for you when you do make the step up..

You will have to import them if you are from Chicago.. However if you have some cricket friends, Im sure you can get hold of a guy who can import them from the subcontinent. Thats usually the cheapest way...

These guys are brilliant
http://www.cricketbat.co.za/products/products.php?category_id=1&B1=Select

They offer all sorts of different prices, and all the equipment you will need if you are importing.. But watch you don't get stumped up on any import taxes (think that is just a European thing though)

rodderss

Cricket Spectator
slazenger

there not english willow are they generally not the starter set , you can pick up this set for around 20 squids in england like i said before

Cloete

International Captain
It depends what you're after mate. If you're looking for a backyard set then that first Alec Stewart set is tops for that!

If you're looking to play cricket at some later stage in an organised environment you'll be wanting the english willow bat for use on a leather ball.

USAcricketman

Cricket Spectator
Thanks eveyone

Yah i stopped posting for a little while because school started. I got a cricket tennis set and im pleased with it. Seems very stable and will last me as long as im goofin off in the back yard.

Heheheh Leather balls

Don

State Vice-Captain
well when u are looking to step up a bit i suggest a kashmir willow bat.that would be better for beginning level of cricket and its cheaper too.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great to see you loving it mate, keep it up! Backyard cricket rocks hard... :)

Link

State Vice-Captain
yea exactly, nuffing like it. from the rules, to the scores, to the speed and turn the bowler gets, to the equipment that gets used, hey! backyard cricket should be televised

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Link said:
yea exactly, nuffing like it. from the rules, to the scores, to the speed and turn the bowler gets, to the equipment that gets used, hey! backyard cricket should be televised
id watch it! seriously, i probably would.

what would be awesome - a match for my club done like an International, with Pro Commentators, Umpires, Sightscreens, Speed Guns... thatd be cool. :D

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon a CricketWeb wide backyard cricket 1 on 1 competition would be the most hotly competed, entertaining and hilarious thing ever! Too bad it could never happen

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
James90 said:
I reckon a CricketWeb wide backyard cricket 1 on 1 competition would be the most hotly competed, entertaining and hilarious thing ever! Too bad it could never happen
Dont give up on dreams! How long would the bowling queue be when Bobbery was batting? :D Or Neil for that matter! :D