• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"I'd Say He'd be Wearing His Balls as Earrings after That One"

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've noticed that it's always a source of (fairly constant) amusement in cricketing circles when a player, usually a batsman, is brought to his knees by a searing delivery to the testicles. So what I was looking for in this post is any funny experiences/stories people have relating to perhaps the most severe of cricketing injuries, and definately one of the funniest - perhaps rating slightly above the searing on drive to the ankle bone and the leg glance to the knee-cap.

I used to bowl to my Uncle in the backyard at home, and I think there were 5 or 6 matches that were postponed after I managed to spear one into the nether regions - even at 9 years of age I knew that this was an injury to be laughed at, and the fit of giggles that set in after a cancellation of a series was worth possibly more than the chance to complete the game itself.

Since I've hit and laughed at many a batsman in indoor cricket, and managed to get Bevo in a one-off game we played against them a couple of years ago - there's nothing like a couple of thousand people all laughing in unison.

The funniest moment at club level was perhaps when our opener got hit, and it took us about two minutes to recover our composure before someone actually thought about going out and getting him. We let him rest for about an hour and then, still in obvious agony, we let him do a stint at square leg!

Langeveldt

Soutie
The most scary was when I was padding up inside our pavilion... I heard a massive crack that nothing else could have caused but a severe impact to the nether regions...

On looking out of the window, I decided to get unpadded and send one of our younger players in...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The funniest example of that for me is definitely when I went to the NZ v SA ODI at Eden Park and Scott Styris played a powerful straight drive that hit Craig McMillan in the box at the non-striker's end.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
aah thats painfull!! The funnies thing I ever had, was in the nets I forgot my box, my trainer(daan van bunge) said Tarick your forgetting your box...I said...nah I never get hit there, and i forgot them, he said oke.its your own responsebilty. I started smashing away my team mates, nets change where also my trainer was bowling leggies. I started block his balls out, decided to sweep one...BANG... full in my nuts, aah well oke happens once doesnt happen twice, few balls later BANG again !!! man my balls were like...painfull!!! I survived it all :) and it all still works down under..but damn that hurted for a week...i always wear my box now :D

Last edited:

sahuman

Cricket Spectator
The worst part is - after getting hit, you somehow get back to to facing the pace bowler - and the umpire tells you, "One ball to go."

Don

State Vice-Captain
thats lucky after getting hit in the nethers i usually here have 2 face 5 more and i just get more brusies

Waughney

International Debutant
I saw Bevan get hit once in a warm up game for NSW, the pain for only came about 5 minutes after he was hit. Apparently the ball had split his box, and well, something got caught and pinched very badly.......

Son Of Coco

Waughney said:
I saw Bevan get hit once in a warm up game for NSW, the pain for only came about 5 minutes after he was hit. Apparently the ball had split his box, and well, something got caught and pinched very badly.......
haha, Bevan should have been hit in the box more often - might have eventually caused him to not be an ********! I'm a big fan of his playing of the game, but not of the man himself.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
yeah and after getting hit in the jatz, dont you end almost jumping into the square leg umpires pocket after like every ball from the bowler who hit you?

Son Of Coco

KennyD said:
yeah and after getting hit in the jatz, dont you end almost jumping into the square leg umpires pocket after like every ball from the bowler who hit you?
haha, or making sure the bat never leaves its new patrolling area in front of the family jewels.

I find it rules out the leap down the wicket for a few overs.....the last time I got hit was in 5th grade against a very slow spinner, and I still had a lump in the throat for 4 or 5 overs.

I hit a guy in 1sts square on the box and he never moved, and his voice stayed at the same level......can't work it out.

KennyD

think about it, doesnt hurt, no apparent voice change, does that not suggest something strange, very strange?

2 fast 2 furios

Cricket Spectator
muhammed sami n a match agaist india bottom edged(pull shot) the ball straigh in to his box(balaji bowling). They showed the box afterwards and the umpire could fit the whole cricket ball through the hole cause by the impact.

Son Of Coco

KennyD said:
think about it, doesnt hurt, no apparent voice change, does that not suggest something strange, very strange?
It does, and I thought 'he' was just wearing a couple of protectors under 'his' shirt!

KennyD

Son Of Coco said:
It does, and I thought 'he' was just wearing a couple of protectors under 'his' shirt!
haha and im sure you could describe `his` play as elegant, beautiful or even cute.

Gob

International Coach
Jeez you made this thread almost 20 years ago. How much do you think you have improved as a poster since?

Son Of Coco

Well look, I think many people would argue not at all, but I refuse to let the opinion of others sully the fact I am simply a ray of sunshine that brings joy and hope to the many downtrodden members of society that spend up to 95% of their lives in online forums such as this one.

On another note, I was in Sweden when I posted this thread. *Sigh* those were the days!

Gob

International Coach
Son of Coco never posted another good post after the opening post of this thread. But he had a son which Dad called Son of Son of Coco. He hasn't posted yet but the CW mods have high hopes.
Haha I read this in Ron Howard's voice