• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali's Doosra

Is it illegal ?

• yes it is illegal

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • no its not illegal

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Cant say without proof

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • whose murali ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Last we saw it was illegal, that's certain.
The brace experiment suggests it's not beyond the realms of possibility for the delivery to be corrected very soon and I certainly hope so.

Craig

World Traveller
I assume nookie's post got delated.

If the authorities deem it illegal, then I will go with them since I am not an expert in that field (biomachanices).

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Hoggy said:
Well it has been outlawed...
I don't think it has been officially outlawed. However, Murali has agreed not to bowl the doosra until further notice on tolerance limits for spin bowlers.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Dasa said:
I don't think it has been officially outlawed. However, Murali has agreed not to bowl the doosra until further notice on tolerance limits for spin bowlers.
yep quite true

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dasa said:
he has? his attitude towards all that hasnt been amazing.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Dasa said:
Well wouldn't that basically mean it is illegal at the moment?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
nookie_lk said:
no it means that its suspended untill futher research...
think about what you just said, and you will find it is exactly the same as hoggys words.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
nookie_lk said:
no it means that its suspended untill futher research...
I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure that he himself has decided not to bowl the doosra while research is undertaken. There hasn't been anything official from the ICC as far as I know.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Jesus :) its being banned...hence why he cant bowl it anymore when normal people who are picked for throwing can normally carry on till they are tested. If he hadnt stopped bowling it the ICC would have banned him from bowling ANY ball.

It was tested and found to break the law. Hence its illigal, untill the icc decide to change the law or not to make it legal. No more testing is needed. 8-)

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Is it just me or is this prime flame war fuel?

:ph34r: You are being watched :ph34r:
I'm disappointed in you Neil. Did you miss the glaring grammatical errors in the poll options, or just resist mentioning them?!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
garage flower said:
I'm disappointed in you Neil. Did you miss the glaring grammatical errors in the poll options, or just resist mentioning them?!
Hey, 34 hour journey on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Brain still not working. I apologise humbly and beg for your forgiveness.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't vote and will wait till ICC's verdict. If ICC thinks it's illegal then yes it is.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Hey, 34 hour journey on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Brain still not working. I apologise humbly and beg for your forgiveness.
Fair enough, I'll accept the mitigating circumstances this time. The "whose Murali" was a shocker though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sanz said:
I didn't vote and will wait till ICC's verdict. If ICC thinks it's illegal then yes it is.
think for yourself!! if you have seen him bowl it and you know the rules, then surely you can make up you own mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.