• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaz, Waz and all that Jazz

Your opinion of cricket coverage by Indian channels?

• Good

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Uh..well..

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Are they covering cricket?

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Anyone else looking forward to the PrimeTime Twenty20 highlights show tonight?

0040-0140...
Nope - watching it live (an absolutely fantastic day's cricket).

<quack> The final that the competition deserved - the team that has no idea of the concept of defeat against the team inspired by the player with no idea of the concept of de feet over de boundary ropes

You already said that in the STAFF thread

<quack> Yes, but it was so good it deserved a second airing

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he's doing alright in the final isn't he?

PY said:
I've only seen a few days on Sky coverage and they seem fairly even with Channel 4 but I have seen lots of highlights packages from both and I think that is where Sky does a lot better. The highlights from Channel 4 in my opinion are utterly atrocious.
Absolutely. The reason? Sky actually show the cricket, not some ***ed up, mark nicholas voiceovered, crap artistic camera angle mumbo jumbo - half the time you cant see the shot properly because of the camera angle.

Missed the climax of Surrey=Lancs as had to play Football but understand it was a pretty tight finish.

Glad to see the Lion disqualified, there no place for cheats in cricket - oh wait there is. None of them were a patch on Chaddy the Owl, best mascot ever? Probably

As i speak - what a catch Azhar

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cheaty was absolutely fantastic in the final.

IMO, the knock of the day. Great to see spotty get tagged for 21 in an over too.

Those of you thinking about watching the highlights tonight, do so. Otherwise, set your videos.

Sudeep

International Captain
V Reddy said:
I haven't watched the recent games but i think it was 20 mins about Cricket and 10 mins of this Shaz and Waz show during the Aus series which i think was pretty good. Has it really detiriorated now?
Yes, it has.

It's still 15 minutes of cricket, and 15 minutes of the crap.

But the latter's quality has reduced to such lower extents that you want to puke.

Plus, they've added two other ladies who don't know anything about cricket to the show - Mini Mathur, and some other Sri Lankan girl, who probably was hired only for the Asia Cup. But still...

And they've added another segment, Scream Team, in which they go to a section of the crowd, instruct them to shout at their highest pitch, and measure the decibels. :confused: And that's supposed to be a lot of fun, God knows how.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Anyone else looking forward to the PrimeTime Twenty20 highlights show tonight?

0040-0140...
If you can't sleep or work very late you know what is on :D

biased indian

International Coach
BCCI has started collecting bidds from TV companies all over the world for the next four years matches to be played in india excluding sp matches and tournaments.BCCI is excepcting the bid to be more than $ 100million making it one of the the biggest deal in the history of cricket.last time they had sold the rights for 5 years for around $50 million.ESPN STAR which has not brought any rights recently for india games like that of SL,Pak,WI will be the frontrunner.withe the first year itself producing big games the bidding will be tough and is for the first time being handeled by PWC.
the first year itself will have game sucha as

4 test aganist AUS, 2 test & 5 ODI aganist SAF,3 test & 5 ODI aganist PAK

Sudeep

International Captain
Pitch Doctor?

Why can't it be called the Pitch Report, as it used to be, and why does Shaz or Slats have to wear the white coat while doing the report?

And what's that lady - Susanne something - doing accompanying the commentator for the pitch report, for measuring the wind speed and humidity? Just so that Shaz can be all over her?

By the Shaz, you're getting into a bad habit. Please keep the being all over the person to be interviewed only for the females. You almost hugged Sachin yesterday.

Slats manages to come out of the stupid thing, with dignity in tact. I respect the guy now more than ever, he's one of my current top five favorite commentators.

Deja moo

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Pitch Doctor?

Why can't it be called the Pitch Report, as it used to be, and why does Shaz or Slats have to wear the white coat while doing the report?

And what's that lady - Susanne something - doing accompanying the commentator for the pitch report, for measuring the wind speed and humidity? Just so that Shaz can be all over her?

By the Shaz, you're getting into a bad habit. Please keep the being all over the person to be interviewed only for the females. You almost hugged Sachin yesterday.

Slats manages to come out of the stupid thing, with dignity in tact. I respect the guy now more than ever, he's one of my current top five favorite commentators.

Getting more vulgar than ever...... Shastri doing the pitch report was simply looking for excuses to touch and put his arm around that girl..... I felt like kicking him in the nuts .

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That Anarkali from SL was a little too much to bear with -how on earth does she have the authority to say that Sri Lanka is going to win the match before it even starts? So what if this team doesn't win tournaments? Cricket is not that predictable.

I hope they don't get Aishwarya Rai next in the studio.

Sudeep

International Captain
No Susanne, or the white coat today for Shastri while doing the pitch report. I hope it's not a one-off.

Ministry of Cricket by Slats is not the best of concepts, but he's doing decent.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ministry of Cricket by Slats is not the best of concepts, but he's doing decent.
The Minister was supposed to be Dean Jones in Australia and SL. But Manni Sir ka Class was not too bad.

No Susanne, or the white coat today for Shastri while doing the pitch report. I hope it's not a one-off.
Nor did I notice it. On the other channel, they have Mini Mathur. Slightly better.

Could someone honestly explain why they have Shekhar Suman as a commentator? He does rapid-fire, non-stop commentary, and even talked into a break, till Maninder Singh had to remind him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
NOT THIS COMMENTARY PANEL!
Kris Srikkanth
Anshuman Gaikwad
Robin Singh
Venkatesh Prasad
Vinod Kambli
Donna Symonds
Ian Bishop
Mark Nicholas
Michael Atherton
Peter Bacellas

Except for the last one, all of the above appeared on MAX. Why did all the cricket fans in India have to suffer them? Luckily I noticed Doordarshan covering the World Cup, with an all-star commentary panel, and that was relieving. What did you watch?

Sudeep

International Captain
Arjun said:
NOT THIS COMMENTARY PANEL!
Kris Srikkanth
Anshuman Gaikwad
Robin Singh
Venkatesh Prasad
Vinod Kambli
Donna Symonds
Ian Bishop
Mark Nicholas
Michael Atherton
Peter Bacellas

Except for the last one, all of the above appeared on MAX. Why did all the cricket fans in India have to suffer them? Luckily I noticed Doordarshan covering the World Cup, with an all-star commentary panel, and that was relieving. What did you watch?
I watched SET MAX's live match coverage, but tuned to ESPN Star for the pre, mid and post match shows. They weren't allowed to view a single clipping from the match, and yet managed to do much better than either MAX or Doordarshan.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They weren't allowed to view a single clipping from the match, and yet managed to do much better than either MAX or Doordarshan.
Doordarshan did a good job, even the Hindi commentators spoke well, except that we know the ball was thrown by the hand, not the foot!

A very useful hint for all fans in India- watch the Champions Trophy on Doordarshan, it will be better than on MAX!!

Your opinion on Zee's new deal?

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Deja moo said:
Getting more vulgar than ever...... Shastri doing the pitch report was simply looking for excuses to touch and put his arm around that girl..... I felt like kicking him in the nuts .

Well, here's what I heard 1st hand when I was sitting in the English commentary box after the 1st match

Waz : "Kahaan kahaan haath lagaaya aaj? (where did your hands go today?)"

Shastri : "I got her ****"

I was sitting right in front of them. You'd think they'd atleast relent when a kid is sitting beside them. From meeting them, I got to know that Shastri, Wasim, and Boycott don't speak to anyone, unless you're hot girl.

Another thing i heard about the Shaz and Waz show from Gautam Bhimani was "I know. It's pathetic. But people are watching it, so as long as it's doing well, it isnt going anywhere".

Sudeep

International Captain
Arjun said:
Your opinion on Zee's new deal?
Oh, it's a big mess. I'm doing some research on that for hopefully what should be a feature article. I'll post my comments after doing that. What's your opinion though?

Sudeep

International Captain
arjwiz said:
Well, here's what I heard 1st hand when I was sitting in the English commentary box after the 1st match

Waz : "Kahaan kahaan haath lagaaya aaj? (where did your hands go today?)"

Shastri : "I got her ****"
That's absolutely disgraceful, perverted and pathetic...

Sudeep

International Captain
arjwiz said:
Another thing i heard about the Shaz and Waz show from Gautam Bhimani was "I know. It's pathetic. But people are watching it, so as long as it's doing well, it isnt going anywhere".
I know. It's weird. I mean, most of the people I've spoken too are ridiculing it. But yet, when you see their stats, that is the number of SMSs they receive for a single show, you wonder why so many people tune into the SUCK.

I did myself watch all the three shows during the NatWest Challenge, but that wasn't for the hot girls, but to see and ridicule upto what low levels they can sink...

masterblaster

International Captain
Why is cricket, such a respected and esteemed game stooping to such low, cheap measures.

*** doesn't sell as high as it used to, and especially *** shouldn't sell when it comes to cricket. *** is everywhere, but it shouldn't be in cricket.

In my opinion, ***ual innunendo is the last thing we need in cricket.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
Why is cricket, such a respected and esteemed game stooping to such low, cheap measures.

*** doesn't sell as high as it used to, and especially *** shouldn't sell when it comes to cricket. *** is everywhere, but it shouldn't be in cricket.

In my opinion, ***ual innunendo is the last thing we need in cricket.
In places where the game does not sell very well, it may be a good idea. But in India? Cricket is a religion in this country. It does not need unnecessary glamourous promotion. Definitely not to this level. I hope Ten Sports does not stoop to this level. They're the only channel who concentrate on cricket.

Luckily, Channel 9 and FOX don't try any of these tricks, except..."The price is right"...

Sudeep said:
I did myself watch all the three shows during the NatWest Challenge, but that wasn't for the hot girls, but to see and ridicule upto what low levels they can sink...
And I watched it for the more serious stuff- actual cricket discussions.

arjwiz said:
Were you in England at that time? And could you get a ticket to the Sky box? You could have been safer there.