View Poll Results: Bob Woolmer as a coach of Pakistan?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going to Make Pakistan, a top team Again ?

7 38.89%
  • Same old ?

3 16.67%
  • Marginal positive change ?

7 38.89%
  • Pakistani performance is gonna be worse?

1 5.56%

Thread: Bob Woolmer as a Pakistan Coach ?

International Captain

Bob Woolmer as a Pakistan Coach ?

What you guys think about the appointment of Bob woolmer as the Coach of Pakistan team . Is it a good decision or a wastage of money .
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Tim
    Too early to say. It seemed from the Asia Cup that there were no immediate improvements.

International Captain
    Thats why I am asking that . We can atleast predict some thing or not ?

Banned
    I still feel javed was better

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehwag309
    I still feel javed was better
    Javed was good but he could'nt help making Pakistani pitches good favouring the Pakistani bowlers . Pakistani pitches are the worst in the world , remember what Lilly said about Faisalabad pitch , " Make my grave here ". But I guess his replacment is also good and I guess even better .
    What you need is a good talented team a great coach backed by a good captain . Every thing is there except the captain.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Good move IMO - I think he can get the team more consistent.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    We've seen with Wright and Whatmore that subcontinental teams tend to be better when coached by foreigners. We even saw it with Pybus and the other guy for a short time.
    If Bob Woolmer, who is proven class as a coach, gets the authority he needs I'll be surprised if Pakistan don't become consistently good for a length of time they've rarely seen.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Captain
    According to Imran Khan , Coaches are not very important but still they should be there to do atleast some thing . Captain in my view is the most influencial thing in a team . Look at the example of Ganguly that he has average bowling and fealding resources but he knows how to extract 200% out of his bowlers . On the other hand Inzamam is just a dumb clown , LOok at the mistake he made during The latest Kiwis series . Pathetic , Aint it . Any ways time is the judge and Bob Woolmer along with Dave Watmore are among the best knowledgable persons in the world and lets see . In Asia cup the experiment done by Woolmer regarding sending Shoaib Malik at no 3 was a great idea which paid off but unfortunately Pakistan was eliminated earlier other wise I guess Pakistan was gonna win ..

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    According to Imran Khan , Coaches are not very important but still they should be there to do atleast some thing .
    Older players often have that mistaken view.
    The great Sir Garfield himself mistrusted coaches and never needed them.
    The West Indies teams of the '70s didn't need coaches.
    Coaches have only come into prominence very recently, relatively speaking, but nowadays if you don't have a decent coach you won't get very far.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Older players often have that mistaken view.
    The great Sir Garfield himself mistrusted coaches and never needed them.
    The West Indies teams of the '70s didn't need coaches.
    Coaches have only come into prominence very recently, relatively speaking, but nowadays if you don't have a decent coach you won't get very far.
    The thing is the attitude of the team and knowing the conditions on which they are gonna play . getting the knowledge about the opponent is ery important . 1992 WC is'nt that old . Yes offcourse Coaches are important but the importance of a team captain is more than a coach . For example if India has Inzamam as a captain then lets see , what is going to be the result . they are gonna be among the bottom 2 very soon .So that was my point that What can Bob Woolmer should do and what is going to be the result of his appointment , If he wants to be successful then he should have atleast some authority to fire or hire any player .

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Certainly a good move.. he will bring in new ideas etc.. which has to be a good positive move..
    anyway the results in Asia cup are too early to predict things anyway..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    The thing is the attitude of the team and knowing the conditions on which they are gonna play . getting the knowledge about the opponent is ery important . 1992 WC is'nt that old . Yes offcourse Coaches are important but the importance of a team captain is more than a coach . For example if India has Inzamam as a captain then lets see , what is going to be the result . they are gonna be among the bottom 2 very soon .So that was my point that What can Bob Woolmer should do and what is going to be the result of his appointment , If he wants to be successful then he should have atleast some authority to fire or hire any player .
    I don't agree that a good captain is more important than a good coach.
    If you're going to be successful a coach who can inspire players and a tactically astute captain is the biggest neccesity.
    With India it's almost the other way around but it's still worked a treat thus far.

Thread Information