• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Congratulations* Brian Lara 10,000 Test Runs!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Congragulations Brian Lara.. one of the greatest test batsmen, finally the man has reached a great milestone 10,000 Test Runs :D

*Applauds* May the man keep going on , hes a real delight to watch every chance i get.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Uhh someone close this thread..

I tried to be a little wise and hasy as i felt that he would reach 10000 easily just needing 8 more runs to reach his milestone..
And Giles just snares his wicket.. Teaches me a lesson..

Oh well lets just make this a Brian Lara Appreciation Thread...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Uhh someone close this thread..

I tried to be a little wise and hasy as i felt that he would reach 10000 easily just needing 8 more runs to reach his milestone..
And Giles just snares his wicket.. Teaches me a lesson..
You mate are guilty of giving poor Brian a cricket fan's (usually a commentator's) curse!! :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're not the only one Lord. The ground put up that he had 10,000 test runs when he reached 9,900 runs. I thought there was a streaker on the ground becuase there was all this comotion and nothing happening. Apprently the scoreboard read that he had 10,000 runs, but Lara knew he didn't. So he just waited for the applause to die down.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Giles DID NOT get Lara. The umpire gave him that wicket. Brian did not touch that ball and it was not LBW. IT WAS SIMPLAY ANOTHER POOR DECISION FROM THE UMPIRES

Mister Wright

Revelation said:
Giles DID NOT get Lara. The umpire gave him that wicket. Brian did not touch that ball and it was not LBW. IT WAS SIMPLAY ANOTHER POOR DECISION FROM THE UMPIRES
Get over it, it happens.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
put a sock in it. This is the second time in as many matches that he's been on the wrong side of 2 very blatant wrong decisions. The umpires are at fault. They aren't doing their jobs.

Mister Wright

Please! The day an umpire goes through an entire test match with a 100% record is the day I start wearing women's underwear. Honestly, give it a go yourself and tell me it is easy. They make mistakes, it happens, life goes on, cricket goes on. If they consistently make mistakes, then fair enough complaign, but one match does not make a bad umpire. Ever had a bad day at work or school Revs?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Revelation said:
Snicko says otherwise.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i don't think Brian would begrudge the odd poor decision, given that he was given not out when caught behind on 0 and went on to get 400*

Andre

International Regular
Yes - he is entitled to a few. This wasn't one of them, infact IMO the decision shows exactly why Taufel is the best umpire in the world.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but try telling Revelation that.

Before Snicko showed it, Lara's reaction suggested to me he knew he'd hit it.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Yes, but try telling Revelation that.

Before Snicko showed it, Lara's reaction suggested to me he knew he'd hit it.
Yep. the commentators said it was the look of a man who thought he hadnt nicked it. To me it was the look of a man who knew he was just 8 short of 10000 runs. There was deffo a noise as the ball passed the bat according to snicko ..thats good enough for me to say the umpire did good to say OUT.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
First off, Lara DID NOT hit the ball on 0* in his 400*. Ample replays showed that. Now i don't know which coverage you're lookinga t but absolutely none of the replays showed Lara getting a nick on 13*. It was a poor decision and i stand by my opinion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revelation said:
put a sock in it. This is the second time in as many matches that he's been on the wrong side of 2 very blatant wrong decisions. The umpires are at fault. They aren't doing their jobs.
Simon Taufel was superb for 3 1/2 days of Test cricket. You're really over-reacting and it does tend to sound a bit like SLS.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
look, i never got personal with it. All i'm saying is that for umpires of International standing they were two very blatant wrong decisions. Taufel is a good umpire as is Hair but the thing is that they are not above criticism.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Yeah i don't think Brian would begrudge the odd poor decision, given that he was given not out when caught behind on 0 and went on to get 400*
Lara was not out. It was an excellent decision by the umpire.