• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket rules : what should be in and out

cbuts

International Debutant
broncoman said:
im sure everyone will disagree with the rule change id like to see, but i think a player should be able to be given out LBW if the ball pitches outside leg stump, i know people will say stuff about negative bowling, but its part of cricket and why should batsman get every advantage, if u arent good enough to hit a ball that pitches outside leg stump you arent going very well IMO...
no way a ball that is full on or just outside leg stump is so hard to put away sometimes. it was originally the case, but bowlers would just bowl there all day

cbuts

International Debutant
i reckon that u should be able to name 12 players, and the 12th can take part if an injury happens. y should a team be punished for a freak accident or a geniune injury in the match

Deja moo

International Captain
cbuts said:
i reckon that u should be able to name 12 players, and the 12th can take part if an injury happens. y should a team be punished for a freak accident or a geniune injury in the match
If that was the case , India would play a half fit Zaheer Khan in every match . :cool:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cbuts said:
Yeh thats the point im getting at, but i think a team can handle it if its a batsman...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Craig said:
Exeter Cricket Club.

The only way you will know (unless you have been to both) is if you have a photo of each ground and compare it.
It's probably true, because my club's ground is too - and yes, I have been to Taunton.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is true, he heard it was near Old Trafford, so was going to try and claim to be a local Manure fan! :lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Exeter Cricket Club.

The only way you will know (unless you have been to both) is if you have a photo of each ground and compare it.
The dimensions of most grounds are known.
They need simply to be compared.
The County Ground, Exeter, is slightly larger than The County Ground, Taunton.
That is fact, though I don't actually know the exact dimensions of either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
It is true, he heard it was near Old Trafford, so was going to try and claim to be a local Manure fan! :lol:
You glory-seeker-claimants really do have some issues!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
It would make cricket pretty boring IMHO if all the grounds were a regluation size. The great thing about cricket is the different grounds all around the world, some countries like Sri Lanka & New Zealand have smaller grounds (even rectangular grounds), then other countries like Australian have bigger grounds.
Yes, very true, but plenty of grounds aren't good enough.
I don't see why Australia should do things properly in every instance and other countries should have some decent grounds and some rubbish ones.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
I don't see why Australia should do things properly in every instance and other countries should have some decent grounds and some rubbish ones.
You have to be realistic about these things. You have to take the geography into account too, not all grounds at certain cities will be able to have 90 metre grounds.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
It is because most Australian Test grounds double as AFL grounds, is the reason why they are so big.

Son Of Coco

New Cricket Rules

I think that a rule should be introduced whereby if a batsman hits a 6 and it's caught by someone in the crowd they are out, and the person who caught it gets to come down onto the field and bat in their place.....

also,

If a batsman hits it out of the ground, he has to go and look for it and is only allowed to resume his innings at the fall of the next wicket after the ball has been found. In cases where the ball isn't found, the batsman is banned for life. :mellow:

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
I think that a rule should be introduced whereby if a batsman hits a 6 and it's caught by someone in the crowd they are out, and the person who caught it gets to come down onto the field and bat in their place.....

also,

If a batsman hits it out of the ground, he has to go and look for it and is only allowed to resume his innings at the fall of the next wicket after the ball has been found. In cases where the ball isn't found, the batsman is banned for life. :mellow:
HAHA! I thought you were serious for a minute there... :wacko:

Langeveldt

Soutie
So who here has caught something??

Ive dropped Ian Harvey (i think) at very deep long off.. It was Annas catch tho, shame she chickened out..

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
haha, maybe it should be adopted..........gees it'd make it interesting!
Lol! I was a bout to write a post saying how ridiculous your suggestions were...then I sat back for a minute and laughed for the next three... :D

Craig

World Traveller
Son Of Coco said:

also,

There is definalty more chance of Michael Schumacher driving for Renault next season or Tiger Woods announces he is going to become a Figure Ice Skater.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
You have to be realistic about these things. You have to take the geography into account too, not all grounds at certain cities will be able to have 90 metre grounds.
Yeah, I know, but I just think something must be done because too many grounds are too small.
Of course it's not going to be possible to get everything as big as would be best, but grounds like Taunton are unacceptible and lower the standards of First-Class-cricket.
So do some of the out-grounds you see.
It's disgraceful that Glamorgan are allowed to play at Abergavenney.

cbuts

International Debutant
in nz most grounds double as cricket and rugby so therefor uaint gonna get big huge fields. i dont know aobut eh english fields but surely there is standards that they have to be up to