• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Odumbe in trouble? Or is his wife out to get him?

Waughney

International Debutant
He was a key player (captain at some stage to AFAIK??), would make a sure bet I guess..

Andre

International Regular
Personally, I struggle to see that Odumbe would do such a thing, knowing his integrity and proud nature. If there are 6 other Kenyans implemented, as suggested, it may be a cruel blow in the future of the game in that country.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd have to disagree. It's well known that those Kenyan players get sod all money. If an Indian Bookie waved a sizeable fee in front of Odumbe I wouldn't be surprised if he took it.

Of course, this is all purely speculation & I hope Odumbe is an innocent man for the good of the game & for his playing future.

Andre

International Regular
Yes, but another thing I can't understand is why exactly a bookmaker would take such a sizeable interest in the Kenyan side....All things being even, it is highly unlikely that they won't lose most matches they take part in, so it seems to me like the bookie is just throwing his money away.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps they are targeting the lower ranked teams because it is too risky to contact the better nations now?
Being a cricket-mad country, there is probably still big money circulating around India even for matches between Kenya & Namibia for example.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's possible, but until we hear the exact accusations it's not sensible to speculate.
If they concern purely the results of matches then I fully agree that it's ludicrous to suggest someone could implicate any players for a team whose results are so close to foregone conclusions.