• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how will new zealands test squad vary from their ODI squad

bryce

International Regular
what do you think the top 7 will look like, possibly:

Astle
Nevin+
Sinclair
Fleming*
McMillian
Vincient
Cairns

or will they want vincient to open and switch with nevin ?
what about richardson, hes fresh off 40 runs against PMs XI

[Edited on 12/10/01 by Lach]

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
i will probably not be the only person to say this, but wat the hell are u talking about!!! some one needs help and its not me :confused:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would say:

Astle
Vincent
Fleming
McMillian
Cairns
Harris
Parore
Nash
Vettori
Tuffey
O'Connor

Rich

Cricket Spectator
I wouldn't be suprised if they tried Vincent as a wicketkeeper. He has kept wicket successfully for Auckland before.

That would be a bit disappointing though, because I believe he is the best fielder in New Zealand and it would be bad to lose his enthusiasm and ability.

Rich

James

Cricket Web Owner
I wouldn't be surprised either but with Parore playing so well at the moment I don't really see the point.

Rich

Cricket Spectator
It's pretty close...Harry's getting a bit older now, and Vincent is still quite young. But with both of them in the team, we will have a strong fielding side, with McMillan, Fleming, Astle and Vettori all good in the field.

Rich

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
yeah, good point Rich, although Fleming is alright but if Astle doesn't field in the slippes he is not that great

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ team to Aus:

Fleming
Astle
Cairns
McMillan
Parore
Richardson
Vincent
Harris
Bond
Nash
Vettori
Mills
Sinclair
Martin/Franklin?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Astle not a great fielder!?
did you see the catch he took in the deep in Napier against S.A a few years ago, its Fleming im more concerned about in the field as he usually has to stand close in.

I don't think i've ever seen Astle make one mistake in the field apart from that unfortunate dropped catch in the last test at the WACA.

Rich

Cricket Spectator
I'm pretty sure Franklin will get in the squad ahead of Martin, as Martin has been very expensive in his ODI career so far.

I hope to see Jacob Oram back in the ODI squad too.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How many are they picking 14 ??

Here's My 14 excluding Astle as he is very doubtful

Batting Order

Vincent
Sinclair or Richardson - both in 14
Fleming
McMillan
Cairns
Harris
Parore
Nash
Vettori
Franklin
Bond

Mills
Adams

Oram if he was fit cause he is a very promising and exciting player. :)

bryce

International Regular
yeah that looks like a good team but id like to see drum in there as he has been in good form for mills/adams or franklin

also despite darryl tuffeys great form against sri lanka/pakistan i dont think he will be getting the nod as he has been in shocking form for my hometeam(knights) unless he performs well in the state sheild matches