• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Out! 7.29.04

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ALL OUT!

-USA Cricket association announced it has finally choose its CEO. Gary Hopkins, an English ex-pat businessman who has been living and working in the United States for 14 years, has been appointed chief executive of an ICC development project, designed to promote cricket in the USA. i'd say on top of his list should be to sit down with ProCricket and smooth things out between the two organizations.

-Amjad Khan hit a powerful 156, his first game after being snubbed by the USA ICC Team selectors. According to UScricket, he had 9 fours and 7 sixeroos.

-Thunder ruins game! No, not the florida thunder but the kind that comes along with lightning and heavy rain. Two games were canceled due to the weather, the NJ-FLA match as well as the DC-FLA game. I guess you could say DC game didn't go 'forward' as planned. ha, ha.

-last column I mentioned about possibly doing a live text updater for the games, but it looks like ProCricket beat me to it. This Friday’s match of DC and NJ will have live updater at the procricket site. No word on if the texas-chicago game will have it too.

-speaking of the Texas-Chi-town game, it’s the tornado’s first home match of the season. Anyone going to venture out to the game? Has anyone purchased any games from the DISH Network? I might plop down my 10 bucks (actually $9.95) for Saturday or Sundays match.

- Hey, Gary Hopkins announced that the USA will host an international tournament featuring Australia, England, Pakistan, and India to name a few of the teams. No mention of where or when yet.

- the Asia Cup final will see the hosts Sri Lanka take on India. India beat Sri Lanka in the group phase to clinch its spot in the final.

-the Weed and Hash Cup, oops I mean the Videocon Cup in Amsterdam schedule was announced. the final is august 28th, with the winning team getting a trophy made of hemp. i am all out you stoners!

extra ball-on monday, www.BigCricket.com Launches, for now check it out at http://www.cricketweb.net/bigcricket/

HEARD ON THE BOARDS

-Is it true, that during a recent ProCricket game, a player played for both sides?
read here

- A Newbie to Procricket gives his views on it HERE
- Interested in talking about the English Domestic season, check the thread out HERE

*you need to go to the site to click the links