• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is India's Finest Batsman?

Who Is India's Finest Batsman?

• Sehwag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chopra

• Dravid

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Laxman

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ganguly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yuvraj

• Kaif

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Kambli

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So if you then agreed with his post in a later post, what does that make your post?
You obviously didn't read. I agreed with PART of his post. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I refuse to vote because I don't really believe there's any difference between Tendulkar and Dravid.
Dravid since West Indies 2001\02 has been about as good as anyone can be expected to be, but he wasn't as good (though he still wasn't half bad) in the time when SRT was head and shoulders above all bar BCL and SRW.

biased indian

International Coach
if its all time then i dont think u need a poll its scahin all the way

and for the current form u can have a look below

greencarrot2

Cricket Spectator
yaju said:
Draviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

At the moment there are 5 votes, and all in favour of Dravid. Soon there will be 1 in favour of Ganguly by ReallyCrazy.

Langeveldt, you are getting better and better day by day.
heeeeeeey, im a fan of ganguly aswell!

Waughney

International Debutant
Past decade: Tendulkar (I voted for Tendulkar as he has been India's finest batsman over a longer period of time)
Past 1-2 years: Dravid

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe the Indian fans who turn against their own legend when he suffers a little form slump. SRT in my opinion is the greatest contemporary batsman. Dravid comes a close second along with Ponting and Hayden.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
JASON said:
I can't believe the Indian fans who turn against their own legend when he suffers a little form slump. SRT in my opinion is the greatest contemporary batsman. Dravid comes a close second along with Ponting and Hayden.
No one has turned against Sachin. Its just, a lot of people have been convinced that Dravid is currently the better player since he's constantly saving India when needed. I voted Sachin, but its understandable why people would vote Dravid.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
sorry, how was that sarcasm?? isnt he just saying that lara was/is a good batsman?

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Sachin beats Dravid hands down by the sheer weight of his performances in 90's When he was at his peak, noone could even come as much as a mile close to him. Even now he is as good as Dravid, sometimes better.. Dravid has been in good form for 2 years, but that isn't enough to make him best Indian batsman !!! Sachin has maintained that form for 15 years (barring last year's tests ofcourse) Sachin was easily the best in WC last year, and started well in VB series before he got injured.

And that 241 against the Aussies (best team, away, imp match, worst form of his career) was sheer brilliance and a testament to man's determination and talent.. How often you see players in shocking forms coming up with 200+ against the best teams just on the weight of their own determination to not get out ?

Sachin IMO opinion will go down as All Time Legend of this era, followed by Lara and Dravid in that order...

Waughney

International Debutant
delkap said:
Sachin beats Dravid hands down by the sheer weight of his performances in 90's When he was at his peak, noone could even come as much as a mile close to him. Even now he is as good as Dravid, sometimes better.. Dravid has been in good form for 2 years, but that isn't enough to make him best Indian batsman !!! Sachin has maintained that form for 15 years (barring last year's tests ofcourse) Sachin was easily the best in WC last year, and started well in VB series before he got injured.

And that 241 against the Aussies (best team, away, imp match, worst form of his career) was sheer brilliance and a testament to man's determination and talent.. How often you see players in shocking forms coming up with 200+ against the best teams just on the weight of their own determination to not get out ?

Sachin IMO opinion will go down as All Time Legend of this era, followed by Lara and Dravid in that order...
and Steve Waugh in 4th (at the very least)
Dravid has been in good form for 2 years, but that isn't enough to make him best Indian batsman !!!
Current: Yes
Past decade: No

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Waughney said:
and Steve Waugh in 4th (at the very least)

Current: Yes
Past decade: No
Hehe, I was about to add Steve Waugh on 4th anyway... somehow missed it..
But yeah I agree, he will be 4th best in Tests for sure... apart from being the best captain ever IMO..