Cricket Player Manager
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 541 to 546 of 546

Thread: The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    There are some instances in athletics, though i forget the specifics...guy was banned for 11 months or so
    As for Tarango, his wife slapped a tennis official and subjected him to racist abuse. He got banned for a year or so.

    Thats very similar to what Lehman did is'nt it except for the physical abuse and the fact that Lehman was in his own changerooms and the Sri Lankan team was out on the field. But hey if your an Aussie hater you can say these were the same cant you.

  2. #542
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    478
    [QUOTE=C_C]Point is, both the Perth and Mumbai pitches (the one i singled out) were very poor pitches to bat on- much much below their standard average.

    Aus 381 & 361/5d

    Yes, very poor pitch to bat on

  3. #543
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Point is, both the Perth and Mumbai pitches (the one i singled out) were very poor pitches to bat on- much much below their standard average.
    But whilst Punter raised a huge stinkfest about the Mumbai pitch, i dont recollect any stink raised by the aussie media/cricketing figures about that perth pitch.....
    hmmmmmm.
    Guess when you win, you dont whine. Eh ?
    When we beat Sri Lanka in Darwin on a poor wicket Gilchrist (Captain at the time) made similar comments about the state of the pitch (as did Dyson). I've said this on here before but it's conveniently ignored by people such as yourself because it doesn't suit your argument.

    Given that one team scored 300+ both times in Perth I cant see how it was a terrible pitch to bat on. That's offering Pakistan a convenient get out for some very poor batting. Using Perth as an example of a poor wicket in comparison to Mumbai is ridiculous, anyone with half a brain would recognise the differences.

  4. #544
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    Given that one team scored 300+ both times in Perth I cant see how it was a terrible pitch to bat on. That's offering Pakistan a convenient get out for some very poor batting. Using Perth as an example of a poor wicket in comparison to Mumbai is ridiculous, anyone with half a brain would recognise the differences.

    Read before you post. I didnt quote Perth's LAST test as an example, i quoted Perth from ENG vs AUS in late 90s as an example.


  5. #545
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    When we beat Sri Lanka in Darwin on a poor wicket Gilchrist (Captain at the time) made similar comments about the state of the pitch (as did Dyson). I've said this on here before but it's conveniently ignored by people such as yourself because it doesn't suit your argument.

    .
    Sorry C_C but I did'nt see your response to this. Are you going to respond?.

  6. #546
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    When we beat Sri Lanka in Darwin on a poor wicket Gilchrist (Captain at the time) made similar comments about the state of the pitch (as did Dyson). I've said this on here before but it's conveniently ignored by people such as yourself because it doesn't suit your argument.
    were there complaints made to the icc? no
    simply saying that a pitch is poor really doesnt really say anything.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •