• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
The ausies are so used to winning they dont know how to cope defeat. On many occations Australia try to demoralise the opposing team by sledging, passing racist comments and even physical abuse. Is this the way the gentlemens game should be played ???

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
no...i always had this in my mind...i just want to know what everyone else feels about this issue.

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
no...i always had this in my mind...i just want to know what everyone else feels about this issue.
ok...but having the subject title 'a disgrace to the game' suggests you are trying to start up a heated discussion.

anyway..the Sri Lankans havent been gentlemen all the time you know

yaju

State Vice-Captain
I once said that Australia is the world's most boring team as they never lose but this is something different.

Some australians are gentle. e.g. Ricky Ponting, the team's captain. There are others also.

I don't know about racist comments and physical abuse but in the end I guess that nobody's perfect. You can't deny the fact that Australia is the best team in the world.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
whats the use bieng the best team in the world ??? calling Jayasuriya black cu**, lehman and mcgrath sledging at the pakistan and indian batsmen and getting fined by the refree, what do u call these...the best team should be a role model for the younger weaker teams....not act like this ???

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Pakistanis aren't the most well behaved. Look at Shoaib.

When Sachin got out on 98 last year the guy who took his catch made a remark. If you don't believe me then you just check out the scene again.

Kenya is more well behaved than Pakistan. If you are saying that I am comparing Kenya to Pakistan, well, last year Kenya reached WC Semis whereas Pakistan couldn't even reach the super sixes.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Zimbabwe are the most well behaved cricket side in the world, followed by New Zealand and West Indies and England

TBH Australia arent the most friendly bunch, but they have got rid of the abusive Hughes, Rodney Hogg era and arent too bad any more..

Nookie, is it a "have a go at Australia thread" because your "champion" little spinner didn't have the balls to go down under and let his bowling do the talking to those critics?

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I'd agree that the Aussies do go over the top sometimes, especially Lehman (I have no respect for him now), McGrath, Williams, and of course Lee.

I love it when other teams give the Aussie batsman big send offs like Pathan did to Martyn (I think it was him)...that was great, and to see Martyn complain about it was even better as he was walking off!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The West Indies are one of the most disciplined teams.South Africa's had the most disciplinary problems in recent times.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Macka said:
Yeah I'd agree that the Aussies do go over the top sometimes, especially Lehman (I have no respect for him now), McGrath, Williams, and of course Lee.

I love it when other teams give the Aussie batsman big send offs like Pathan did to Martyn (I think it was him)...that was great, and to see Martyn complain about it was even better as he was walking off!
Pathan was simply stupid in what he did to Martyn.. It was a mouthy little rookie having a stupid moment against an experienced guy who has forged a succesful career in test cricket for a good few years now.. I wouldn't have stood for it, and I am glad Martyn didnt...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
ALL bias views. Im not going to make any comments except that every team is basically as bad as each other except probably Kenya.

Take the jealousy elsewhere. Im sick of people making excuses for Australias brilliantness. Just face it mate.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Aussies are pretty bad (and Ricky Ponting is no Angel). However, there are many teams who are just as bad, if not worse.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yea exactly Mr W and I never said Ponting was perfect.

However he has certainly improved since that night club incident. A LOT.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr. P said:
Yea exactly Mr W and I never said Ponting was perfect.

However he has certainly improved since that night club incident. A LOT.
I know you didn't, and my post was not a go at you it was in reference to Yaju's post:

Yaju said:
I once said that Australia is the world's most boring team as they never lose but this is something different.

Some australians are gentle. e.g. Ricky Ponting, the team's captain. There are others also.

I don't know about racist comments and physical abuse but in the end I guess that nobody's perfect. You can't deny the fact that Australia is the best team in the world.
And yes, he has improved, but he still has his moments. Like yelling at batsman for not walking, when he is the last player in International cricket that would walk. That really ****s me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I will hold my hand up and say SA are now on a par, probably worse than Australia.. Well when Nel and Donald have gone overboard... Don't think Kallis is the quietest chap either...