• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
There are some instances in athletics, though i forget the specifics...guy was banned for 11 months or so
As for Tarango, his wife slapped a tennis official and subjected him to racist abuse. He got banned for a year or so.

Thats very similar to what Lehman did is'nt it except for the physical abuse and the fact that Lehman was in his own changerooms and the Sri Lankan team was out on the field. But hey if your an Aussie hater you can say these were the same cant you.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
C_C said:
Point is, both the Perth and Mumbai pitches (the one i singled out) were very poor pitches to bat on- much much below their standard average.

Aus 381 & 361/5d

Yes, very poor pitch to bat on :wacko:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
Point is, both the Perth and Mumbai pitches (the one i singled out) were very poor pitches to bat on- much much below their standard average.
But whilst Punter raised a huge stinkfest about the Mumbai pitch, i dont recollect any stink raised by the aussie media/cricketing figures about that perth pitch.....
hmmmmmm.
Guess when you win, you dont whine. Eh ?
:p
When we beat Sri Lanka in Darwin on a poor wicket Gilchrist (Captain at the time) made similar comments about the state of the pitch (as did Dyson). I've said this on here before but it's conveniently ignored by people such as yourself because it doesn't suit your argument.

Given that one team scored 300+ both times in Perth I cant see how it was a terrible pitch to bat on. That's offering Pakistan a convenient get out for some very poor batting. Using Perth as an example of a poor wicket in comparison to Mumbai is ridiculous, anyone with half a brain would recognise the differences.

C_C

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
Given that one team scored 300+ both times in Perth I cant see how it was a terrible pitch to bat on. That's offering Pakistan a convenient get out for some very poor batting. Using Perth as an example of a poor wicket in comparison to Mumbai is ridiculous, anyone with half a brain would recognise the differences.

Read before you post. I didnt quote Perth's LAST test as an example, i quoted Perth from ENG vs AUS in late 90s as an example.

Scallywag

Banned
Son Of Coco said:
When we beat Sri Lanka in Darwin on a poor wicket Gilchrist (Captain at the time) made similar comments about the state of the pitch (as did Dyson). I've said this on here before but it's conveniently ignored by people such as yourself because it doesn't suit your argument.

Sorry C_C but I did'nt see your response to this. Are you going to respond?.

tooextracool

International Coach
Son Of Coco said:
were there complaints made to the icc? no
simply saying that a pitch is poor really doesnt really say anything.