Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Why? I haven't seen anything said that could be defamatory or cause argument. Infact, I think everyone has treated this topic with respect. I don't see how that could cause it to be closed, do you?
    The fact it is potentially flame warring, and like Liam said the potential to get ugly.

I'm not saying it will get locked, or it will soon, but I would not be surprised if it does.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    The fact it is potentially flame warring, and like Liam said the potential to get ugly.

I'm not saying it will get locked, or it will soon, but I would not be surprised if it does.
    Fair enough.

Point taken.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    Mr W, my post was not an attack opn you.

I simply believe that Australia's bad behaviour is taken out of context because they are seen as being the good guys of cricket
    Dylan Hooper-Jellett
    CWCA Chairman

Want to be the next Bradman - of the forum?
    Simmed Cricket. Real Fun.
    CricketWeb Cricket - Sign Up Now

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Melicous? Is that a nasty, yet tasty, comment?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    i have nothing against australia playing cricket in the abusive manner they do, i have alot against other teams who dont do the same!
    Warne will bowl a rank long hop and go "hoo and ahhh" to psyche the batsmen out and pretend he meant to bowl it.
    The reason the other nations aren't as strong as australia is that they are not playing one part of the game, thats the mental game!

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    Thank you!

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    The reason the other nations aren't as strong as australia is that they are not playing one part of the game, thats the mental game!
    or score enough runs or take enough wickets.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj123
    or score enough runs or take enough wickets.
    um...its because the aussies psyche the opponents out mentaly is why the other teams dont score or take wickets???

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    um...its because the aussies psyche the opponents out mentaly is why the other teams dont score or take wickets???
    nothing to do with having the best batting and bowling lineup then......

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    I know you didn't, and my post was not a go at you it was in reference to Yaju's post:

And yes, he has improved, but he still has his moments. Like yelling at batsman for not walking, when he is the last player in International cricket that would walk. That really ****s me.
    So? As if you wouldn't do the same. I know I would. Cricketers are always going to be hypocrites in one way or another, plus its another way to annoy your opponent

Hexxagon Champion!
    Sorry , this might be off topic , but I simply cant watch the telly when Tino Best is on .He irritates me like no other cricketer does .
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Jet Pac Stan Champion!
    All countries do it. The Windies used to do it a lot in the 70's and 80's. The best sides are generally criticised the most. Thus, Australia continued critisism.

Although I think Steve Waugh saying, "CHOO CHOO...", to Chris Cairns while he was batting - after his sister had recently died in a train accident - was the lowest.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Scarlet
    All countries do it. The Windies used to do it a lot in the 70's and 80's. The best sides are generally criticised the most. Thus, Australia continued critisism.

Although I think Steve Waugh saying, "CHOO CHOO...", to Chris Cairns while he was batting - after his sister had recently died in a train accident - was the lowest.
    i am sure i read somewhere that this didnt actually happen
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

International Vice-Captain
    My guess is that swervy is right. The media always allows the public to perceive lies as truth.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Groan....The Aussies are going to take it to the next level now.

Brett Lee spoke to a news channel when he was in India recently for a commercial shoot , and said that the Aussies were prepared with the choicest of abuses in Hindi.

A TOI news report quoted Lee displaying a small part of his now expanded vocabulary , using the words "gandu" and "chutiya". ( yes , it made it to the papers)

I dont know if the Indian batsmen will be offended or tickled to hear the Aussie sledging in October.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    according to this years wisden, for the cricket year 2002/03 to 2003/04,there were 21 breaches of the ICC Code of conduct.

Australia were responsible for 3

Shoiab himself was responsible for 4,including ball tampering,obscene gesturing to the crowd,and obscene language to a player...this is to go with other pakistan players claiming catches when the ball hit the ground, and raising a bat to another player

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information