• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

C_C

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
So are you suggesting that the only reason Australia gave their money was because they wanted to look good?.... thats what i think is dispicable
not just australia- practically 99.9% of these 'donations' from high profile organisations/people come because failure to do so would make them look bad.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C_C said:
not just australia- practically 99.9% of these 'donations' from high profile organisations/people come because failure to do so would make them look bad.
Do you have THAT bad of opinion of human life?... hmmm i pity you in that way

C_C

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Do you have THAT bad of opinion of human life?... hmmm i pity you in that way
when it comes to the statement " 99% of donations from a high profile person/organisation is a PR stunt", trust me, that isnt an opinion. Thats knowledge- something i learnt the hard way.
I remember when i was in my late teens and my view of the world was a lot more blinkered and idealistic- sort of how you are. But then reality came knocking.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C_C said:
when it comes to the statement " 99% of donations from a high profile person/organisation is a PR stunt", trust me, that isnt an opinion. Thats knowledge- something i learnt the hard way.
I remember when i was in my late teens and my view of the world was a lot more blinkered and idealistic- sort of how you are. But then reality came knocking.
This explains alot to me

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
benchmark00 said:
This explains alot to me
it explains to me that C_C is sour and really has got a pesimistic outlook on life. and these 99% of donations being a a pr stunt wuold enclude?.....

i expect he thinks that christmas was a pr stunt thought up by the government as well...:p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
irrelevant.
Perth was always bouncy and mumbai always turns.
Perth is not as 'horrid' as that match i specified, where the wicket was far below standard.

suspended ? you sure ?
I may be wrong but i recollect that clive lloyd(the match refferee) not doing anything because of the 'he said-she said' nature of the case.
And even if he was suspended, again, its a slap on the wrist- racial offenses result in FAR bigger penalty.
It's not irrelevant at all. Perth bounces, but isn't unplayable. Mumbai, whilst always being renowned for turn, has never played like that before I believe!?

I'm almost positive Lehmann was suspended yes. Let's face it, no penalty would have been big enough for you.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
I may be wrong but i recollect that clive lloyd(the match refferee) not doing anything because of the 'he said-she said' nature of the case.
And even if he was suspended, again, its a slap on the wrist- racial offenses result in FAR bigger penalty..

It doesent suprise me that you did not know that Lehman was banned for five matches as demonstrated by you lack of cricket knowlege.

C_C said:
that has nothing to do with the original point about the BEHAVIOUR of the aussie players on and off field. ..
Thats why Benchmark wrote "Just a little side note.... " but hey any Aussie hater would hate to mention something good about them.

C_C said:
And in this PR-oriented world of ours today, i would be surprised if even Saddam doesnt pledge some sorta economic support...
Do you mean the same support he offered suicide bombers to blow up women and children for his own economic benifit.

You are one disgusting human being C_C.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes i agree, disgusting is a compliment to such an individual,

maybe the moderators will do the respectable thing and eject him from the forum

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
suspended ? you sure ?
And even if he was suspended, again, its a slap on the wrist- racial offenses result in FAR bigger penalty.

Yes he was suspended, for 5 ODIs I seem to remember.

How is that a slap on the wrist?

Swervy

International Captain
sledger said:
yes i agree, disgusting is a compliment to such an individual,

maybe the moderators will do the respectable thing and eject him from the forum
erm..i think thats a bit of an over reaction. I tend not to agree with most of what C_C has to say about some things (well a lot of things..hehehe) but he is entitled to say what he said...its his opinion. I dont agree with what he said, but banning him seems to be a bit harsh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Swervy said:
erm..i think thats a bit of an over reaction. I tend not to agree with most of what C_C has to say about some things (well a lot of things..hehehe) but he is entitled to say what he said...its his opinion. I dont agree with what he said, but banning him seems to be a bit harsh
lol sorry, hard to convey sarcasm on the internet, i apologise.

C_C

International Captain
How is that a slap on the wrist?
because in most other sports, racist comments tend to draw a MUCH harsher penalty than that.

by you lack of cricket knowlege.
might wanna learn English before you try to engage me, fanatic.

Do you mean the same support he offered suicide bombers to blow up women and children for his own economic benifit.

You are one disgusting human being C_C.
No i mean offer assistance as a PR move, like he's done in the past.
You can try to take my words outta context, but you wont succeed.

C_C

International Captain
sledger said:
it explains to me that C_C is sour and really has got a pesimistic outlook on life. and these 99% of donations being a a pr stunt wuold enclude?.....

i expect he thinks that christmas was a pr stunt thought up by the government as well...:p

not sour, not even remotely.
Just realistic and have discarded my rose-tinted glasses.

Christmas was a pagan ritual incorporated into modern-day christianity to keep the big bosses ( romans, more specifically emperor constantine) happy.

The boxing day ritual of 'giving away to the poor' was a laughable PR stunt by the church in the medeival times and still is- lemme see, you'r gonna DEMAND donations throughout the year ( refusal of which can lead to your expulsion from the church, refusal of treatment from affiliated hospitals[my ex has personal experience with this], expulsion of you kids from school, etc etc) and then 'donate back' a small fraction.
Oh ho ho ho!
christmas spirit indeed.

8-) 8-) 8-)

C_C

International Captain
It's not irrelevant at all. Perth bounces, but isn't unplayable. Mumbai, whilst always being renowned for turn, has never played like that before I believe!?
Point is, both the Perth and Mumbai pitches (the one i singled out) were very poor pitches to bat on- much much below their standard average.
But whilst Punter raised a huge stinkfest about the Mumbai pitch, i dont recollect any stink raised by the aussie media/cricketing figures about that perth pitch.....
hmmmmmm.
Guess when you win, you dont whine. Eh ?
:p

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
They have?

Such as?
you would like to check examples of racist behaviour in North American sports, hockey and Tennis ( Jeff Tarango incident).
the bans were atleast half season/ 1 year etc.

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
So no major or even global sports then. Interesting.

As for Tarango, nothing on google.
There are some instances in athletics, though i forget the specifics...guy was banned for 11 months or so
As for Tarango, his wife slapped a tennis official and subjected him to racist abuse. He got banned for a year or so.