• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
nice one Legglancer !!!
is that because it is an attack on the Australian team, or is it because under no circumstances the use of obscene or abusive language towards a player or umpire should be used

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
the amount of years does not matter...
Oh it does.

For a start the Australian captain is no longer Steve Waugh, and the attitudes have changed.

Quite frequently now you see fielding teams congratulate batsmen on milestones (remember the way Vaughan congratulated Lara for 9900 Test runs - that is true sportsmanship)

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
is that because it is an attack on the Australian team, or is it because under no circumstances the use of obscene or abusive language towards a player or umpire should be used
not at all...its a comment to all the test playing nations. and to all players. i think a game shouldn't lose its qualities whatever happens

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
not at all...its a comment to all the test playing nations. and to all players. i think a game shouldn't lose its qualities whatever happens
well i am glad you have accepted that each team is bad in its own little way...and that includes the squeaky clean Sri lankans

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
No Swervy, it is allowed if the opposition player was being unfriendly to him (a la Kaif)

Quite why the angelic Sangakarra (who is never at fault) abused the second Indian player that he did on Sunday for, heaven only knows - perhaps he was also unfriendly?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
Except the standards from 3 years ago are in general much better now (except for that dastardly Kaif the unfriendly - he should be banned for life for what he did to poor Kumar)

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
<yawn> whatever.... u guys are just wasting hard disk space repeating the same things. fine...u guys know everything....please forgive me for hurting ur feelings

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You've not hurt my feelings, in fact you've been perfectly friendly to me (almost) so I wouldn't possibly swear or anything at you.

We don't claim to know anything, but then again we're not completely biased in that we can accept that our team can be as bad as every other, and we do not make pathetic excuses up when our players get fined or banned (which incidentally was an option for the offense committed on Sunday that you blamed the unsanctioned Kaif for)

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
<yawn> whatever.... u guys are just wasting hard disk space repeating the same things. fine...u guys know everything....please forgive me for hurting ur feelings
hey you dont get off that easy :D ...you come on here spouting all sorts without any factual backup and then expect to get away with it....oh no...not when Richard,who may have differing opinions but backs them up with evidence of a sort, gets loads of flak.

So I may forgive you if you grovel :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't be so beastly to him Swervy - rather than make him grovel, you should invite him round for Jelly and Ice Cream and Ginger Beer - we should all be one happy family and then evil swine like Kaif would have no place in "our gang"

Swervy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Don't be so beastly to him Swervy - rather than make him grovel, you should invite him round for Jelly and Ice Cream and Ginger Beer - we should all be one happy family and then evil swine like Kaif would have no place in "our gang"
how dare Kaif challenge him to hit the ball passed him...maybe some people are right, standards have slipped. Bodyline had nothing on the Kaif-gate scandal.

Ginger Beer- hope you arent using rhyming slang there, we can be friendly but not that friendly :D

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
ill remember to laugh for that
you love it really dont you..go on, admit it.

Anyway nookie....why is it you support Sri Lanka (just out of curiosity)

Legglancer

State Regular
marc71178 said:
Yes, reproduce something from 3 years ago that has so much relevance on today's game.

If you think its not relevant maybe you should get your head back to earth from whatever "trip" you are on ! 8-)

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
If you think its not relevant maybe you should get your head back to earth from whatever "trip" you are on ! 8-)
but do you not think that article unfairly puts the blame for everything on the Aussies....other teams do it

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Legglancer, I dont think that's true man. This australian team under Ricky Ponting is much better and that is one area where I think Ricky has done a really admirable job. I hated Steve Waugh for letting his players loose, Aussie players would do anything they wanted and Old Stevie would ignore it in the name of 'Mental Disintegration'. Indian team recently toured Australia, so did SL and I have observed a considerable improvment in Aussie players. We should give credit where it is due.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
nanny? is that your grandmother or your baby sitter ??? (I am being serious with that question)
lol..
i always liked sri lanka since they lifted the worl cup !!!