• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

Scallywag

Banned
FRAZ said:
You know what every top spot is being challenged through out the history of mankind . They deseve it . Hats off to Australia. Yeah but this white black $hit is in abundant in Australia and actually racism level in Australia is way more than any other society , because they have nt been living border to border with any other country .
I dont think that they tried any stupid thing while playing Pakistan , Because they know their heads can come off by the bouncers and bodyline bowling on the pitch . Once Lilly tried that and he had to hide behind the umpire to save himself from THE BAT OF Javed Miandad . Because winning and losing is a different thing but if One watches a posessive team (nature wise) , Then it is the law of nature that Aussies or any other top team is gonna bully them . So I dont mind these things at all . There is a difference between Bullying and giving racist comments , If some one gives a racist comments then his face should be broken at the spot , And this is the mistake of the victums that they took those comments and talking about them in the media while taking care of the future and career and media criticism . If they were men enough then they should have kicked the a$$ of the person who gave the racist comments on the field right away . Mano a mano . I think every one is gonna agree with this .
Can you be a bit more specific about the racist Australians, is it the English, Asian, European, African, Aboriginal or Arab Australians. I think some of you may be a bit to sensitive to partake in a multicultral society.

Sorry whinge on............

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
Yeah but this white black $hit is in abundant in Australia and actually racism level in Australia is way more than any other society , because they have nt been living border to border with any other country .
I think that you have a point, but to say Australia has a higher level of racism than any other society is going a bit to far. You want to try coming to some of the northern towns in England!!!!! Or maybe ask some of the people in Darfur

FRAZ said:
I dont think that they tried any stupid thing while playing Pakistan , Because they know their heads can come off by the bouncers and bodyline bowling on the pitch . Once Lilly tried that and he had to hide behind the umpire to save himself from THE BAT OF Javed Miandad . .
was that whole Lillee/Mianadad a race thing...I dont think it was
FRAZ said:
Because winning and losing is a different thing but if One watches a posessive team (nature wise) , Then it is the law of nature that Aussies or any other top team is gonna bully them . So I dont mind these things at all . There is a difference between Bullying and giving racist comments , If some one gives a racist comments then his face should be broken at the spot , And this is the mistake of the victums that they took those comments and talking about them in the media while taking care of the future and career and media criticism . If they were men enough then they should have kicked the a$$ of the person who gave the racist comments on the field right away . Mano a mano . I think every one is gonna agree with this .
Do you honestly think that instant retaliation is the solution...do you not think that type of reaction just breeds more mistrust and deepens the problem. It isnt a case of 'being man enough' to react like that...it takes more of a 'man' to gain revenge (for want of a better word) in a more controlled, cerebral manner, dont you think

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
It definately turned as a race incident , But initialy it was not .
in what way did it turn into a race thing???

I always thought it was a case of two pretty antagonistic players having a bit of a pop at each other, nothing more, nothing less

FRAZ

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Can you be a bit more specific about the racist Australians, is it the English, Asian, European, African, Aboriginal or Arab Australians. I think some of you may be a bit to sensitive to partake in a multicultral society.

What does this some of you means . Where did you see first and then passed on this comments . Did 'nt you see the avtar right . And hey hey I am a proud Canadian and its a real multi cultural society . Some of you huh . k my b

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
Do you honestly think that instant retaliation is the solution...do you not think that type of reaction just breeds more mistrust and deepens the problem. It isnt a case of 'being man enough' to react like that...it takes more of a 'man' to gain revenge (for want of a better word) in a more controlled, cerebral manner, dont you think
Yes it definately is but the retaliation should be intense in case of any physical one or any official one .

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
Yes it definately is but the retaliation should be intense in case of any physical one or any official one .
so you are in favour of giving someone a good old fashioned battering if they say a racist comment

FRAZ

International Captain
Scallywag said:

I think you have'nt read any of my previous posts and replies and just said it . This "some of you " is just a crap . But let me see the answer of yours first and then i 'll take out some thing more from this "some of you " thing ..

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
so you are in favour of giving someone a good old fashioned battering if they say a racist comment
Yes definately , Because let me tell you one thing instant retaliation is the only way to save the self prestige and thats about it ..

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
in what way did it turn into a race thing???

I always thought it was a case of two pretty antagonistic players having a bit of a pop at each other, nothing more, nothing less
I focused on bullying first of all and secondly Lilly said something regarding the asian batting technique to Javed . And Lilly was'nt intense on saying any racist comment . But a slight comment sparked the fight. thats what I read .

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
Yes definately , Because let me tell you one thing instant retaliation is the only way to save the self prestige and thats about it ..
and you dont think that maybe that kind of attitude is possibly the cause of many of the problems around the world, instant and violent retaliation.

Self prestige!!!! I would admire the man who could take racial abuse without resorting to violence and using his energy to fight the problem in more intelligent ways than the man who would use violence

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
I focused on bullying first of all and secondly Lilly said something regarding the asian batting technique to Javed . And Lilly was'nt intense on saying any racist comment . But a slight comment sparked the fight. thats what I read .
so if thats the case, who turned that into a racist issue, coz if Lillee said something like that, I wouldnt class that as racism...the 'slight comment' sparked it..well does that suggest to you over sensitivity on the part of Miandad

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
so if thats the case, who turned that into a racist issue, coz if Lillee said something like that, I wouldnt class that as racism...the 'slight comment' sparked it..well does that suggest to you over sensitivity on the part of Miandad
But I also heard "nip the evil in the bud" . And this bat flashing thing stopped the flow of more future comments which you never know when they were gonna come .

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
and you dont think that maybe that kind of attitude is possibly the cause of many of the problems around the world, instant and violent retaliation.

Self prestige!!!! I would admire the man who could take racial abuse without resorting to violence and using his energy to fight the problem in more intelligent ways than the man who would use violence
And see it never happened again in an Aussi Pak match ..

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
But I also heard "nip the evil in the bud" . And this bat flashing thing stopped the flow of more future comments which you never know when they were gonna come .
do you not think the fine/ban (cant remember which it was,I think it was a one game fine) that Lillee was given was more of a deterent than Miandad waving his bat like an 8yr old at Lillee...do you not think that if Miandad had hit Lillee, the problems would have spiralled out of control

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
i dont think that was because of the threat of violent retaliation
but that definately was a good answer at that time and its gonna be in history books .

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
but that definately was a good answer at that time and its gonna be in history books .
no it wasnt a good answer...before Miandad raised his bat it was Lillee who looked like the fool, as soon as Miandad raised his bat,both were as bad as each other.

it will be in the history books as both players bringing the game into disrepute

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
no it wasnt a good answer...before Miandad raised his bat it was Lillee who looked like the fool, as soon as Miandad raised his bat,both were as bad as each other.

it will be in the history books as both players bringing the game into disrepute
But who started it and who finished the job . Thats also is in history books