• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Jones - International Failure?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
Well he took 5-for for Glamorgan today, maybe he was letting out a little frustration!
And a good fightback - last I saw it was 2-83 from 13 overs.

A spell of 3-11 in 5.5 is promising!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Especially given that he managed the final 2 wickets and otherwise had no-more-than-OK figures.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Yes, which if he wasn't match fit, he could have just played in the 'A' side more, or by waiting for the County season to start, and getting County games. The fact that he was playing suggests to me that he was fit for the WI, and he didn't exactly bowl well.
none of us actually watched him bowl in those games so we cant assume whether or not he was match fit.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
tooextracool said:
none of us actually watched him bowl in those games so we cant assume whether or not he was match fit.
Yes, but the fact that he was playing seems to suggest that to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How long, I wonder, can someone be under-prepared for?
Forever, in Jones' case, I'd guess, given that hardly anyone seems to have noticed how few overs he's bowled in his career.