• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Out! 7.22.04

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ALL OUT!

-Thunder prevents DC from going Forward!
on 7.16 Florida dismantled DC by beating them by 7 wickets Florida(3 for 89 in 15.4 ov)DC 88 (all out in 13ov). nothing really notable here, and no reports from the match. would love to know how the crowd was.

-CHI-Town downs Texas
the tornadoes beat the arrow heads. ok, i will admit it, i am confused. i go to the procricket website, click on scores. so first i want to read the game analysis and the link doesn't work. so then i click on scorecard and it says chicago won, but under their batting they have 157 runs and texas has 158? so who really won. and while i am at it, seriously, Arrow Heads is a lame name. While also looking at the confusing scorecard, i see Marlon Samuels fresh off his century for the NY 6er's, is now lending his efforts to chicago. or is it texas? well, Super-Samuels slammed another century, grabbing 108 off of 41 balls.

-Let Freedom Ring- LA unable to 'unite', fall to SanFran
was the game exciting? was it down to the last bowl? was there standing room only? was the beer not over-priced and served at a perfect chill? who knows!!! but with SanFran having a guys last named "Chee Quee" (i will pronuouce it cheeky), it must have been a great time for everyone. he also happened to have had a cheeky of a game (that doesn't even make sense), 61 runs, which included 5 sixeroos and 2 bounderies.

-this thought just in; since players play for numerous teams, is a all-star game neccessary? isn't every game almost an all-star game? for guys like colin miller, which team is he going to represent?

-BigCricket.com coming soon. (ohhhhh, what can it be????) actually its a site where i will list all my "All Out" columns, and have a few other features. one thing i am working on is having a "heard on the boards" section. it will list a few posts from various cricket message boards on the web, with the idea of letting people getting to hear opinions from other places that they did not know of. what do you guys think?

-With florida's upcoming home games moved to Riverfront stadium in NJ, it possibly gives me a chance to catch the NY-Flor game next month if it gets switched to NY. would anyone be interested in following a live bowl-by-bowl updater of the game (thats if
1. i ask Procricket for permission, and
2. if they say yes, do i really want to to do it)?

-Asia Cup. conspiracy theorist will be all over this one- the first three matches of the cup all resulted in wins by 116 runs! welcome to crazy world kids! Sri Lanka is on a warpath btw, beating india and Pakistan which currently has them alone in first place.

-USA squad announced for the ICC Champions Trophy. There seems to be a big stink about Amjad Khan, an all rounder from NY, being released. Apparently he was released at the last moment by the selector for no reason.

-Cricket on TV... For a price that is
Direct TV will be showing lots of cricket in the upcoming months. ProCricket reached a deal to have their matches shown, it will show the Triangular Series between Australia/Pak/India in Holland, and showing the ICC Champions trophy in September.

-And that reminds me of the most important thing to say for this week’s column... oops iam all out!

extra ball- don't type in procricket.com without the "www.", it won't work. i have no idea why. and i have no idea why i am telling everyone this.

Extra ball two-- dates I’d love to be off from work 9.10.04 USA vs NZ, 9.13.04 USA vs Australia and what ever date the final is.

Heard on the Boards-
-Gotta give props to Chandu, he first pointed out the conspiracy here
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99992&page=2

-‘Beige’ brings up some good/valid points on ProCricket
"Pro Cricket USA is truly a great event in the history of cricket, but I fear that the opportunity for cricket to grow in the USA may be forever damaged unless there is more professionalism demonstrated on the part of Pro Cricket administrators… Also, the team names are HORRIBLE. Most of them appear to be ripped off from Major League Soccer and the ones that aren't are just plain ********. What the heck is a "Forward"???"
really good stuff there, read the whole thing here
http://www.procricket.com/AmericanProCricketForum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19

JeffStar

JeffStar said:
-USA squad announced for the ICC Champions Trophy. There seems to be a big stink about Amjad Khan, an all rounder from NY, being released. Apparently he was released at the last moment by the selector for no reason.
that was according to UScricket btw.

Deja moo

International Captain
Give us a warning next time mate !

I had no idea what I was reading about until a few lines down .

JeffStar

Sehwag309 said:
DirecTV and Cricket..Maybe he meant Dishnetwork who are showing American Pro Cricket starting $99.95 Dish PPV

i stand corrected. :) i guess the last point should have been letting you guys knows proof-reading is not usually done

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dunno what our finest are doing out playing cricket in the states in front of a few expats and a dog... What if someone picks up a serious injury? What a joke...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
JeffStar said:
Maybe it is because he is Danish and plays for Kent! ;)