• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream Match Scenario

delkap

State Vice-Captain
What would be your dream cricket match scenario and result ?

Mine would be, if I was watching live:

WC Final at Kolkata (Eden Gardens), Ind vs Pak/Aus, Last ball 5 to win.. Sachin hooks Akhtar/Lee for a six :D

Wouldn't that be awesome for Indian fans...

What abt the rest of you ??

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Final Ashes Test at Lords.

Series locked at 2-2.

Australia require 293 to win, but are 9/198.

With Warne and McGrath, they put on a stand of 100, with Warney making 102* and McGrath 8*.

Last ball, one to win Wanre hooks Harmison for six and out of the stadium to bring up the century.

More heartbreak for England.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i look fwd to India vs Aus matches more than india vs pakistan nowadays......

anyway dream match scenario is......aus set India 359 to win lol. And while chasing sourav ganguly makes a nice 150 and india wins!

delkap

State Vice-Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
Final Ashes Test at Lords.

Series locked at 2-2.

Australia require 293 to win, but are 9/198.

With Warne and McGrath, they put on a stand of 100, with Warney making 102* and McGrath 8*.

Last ball, one to win Wanre hooks Harmison for six and out of the stadium to bring up the century.

More heartbreak for England.
in your case i would say keep dreaming mate ;) :lol:

PS: I though cannot see how Eng would win 2 tests, and reduce Aussies to 198/9.. but its a dream :D

Swervy

International Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
i look fwd to India vs Aus matches more than india vs pakistan nowadays......

anyway dream match scenario is......aus set India 359 to win lol. And while chasing sourav ganguly makes a nice 150 and india wins!
well yeah..it is a DREAM scenario :D

Swervy

International Captain
delkap said:
in your case i would say keep dreaming mate ;) :lol:

PS: I though cannot see how Eng would win 2 tests, and reduce Aussies to 198/9.. but its a dream :D
erm....didnt England win 2 tests in an Ashes series not that long ago (and that was when England were bad)...and I seem to remember the last time Australia were in England,at one stage in a match Australia were about 90 odd for 7.

I am an Aussie...but all this England bashing does my head in

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
delkap said:
WC Final at Kolkata (Eden Gardens), Ind vs Pak/Aus, Last ball 5 to win.. Sachin hooks Akhtar/Lee for a six :D

Wouldn't that be awesome for Indian fans...

That certainly would be a dream, SRT is a choker in the big games, everyone knows that now ;)

biased indian

International Coach
mine would be india winnig a test series at MCG any how :) :)

and common guys its other peoples dreams . they can dream any thing dont try to restrict that toooooooo

Andre

International Regular
World Cup 2007 - Final. Kolkata.

Australia 3/344 (49.5 overs/50 overs)

IK Pathan 0/94 (9.5 overs)

GB Hogg 94* striker
ME Waugh 154* non-striker

49.5: Pathan to Hogg - half volley dispatched over the head of the bowler for 6 - a hundred to each player taking part in the delivery! Boy, don't Nehra and Balaji rue their dropped catches now!

AA leads India off the field after his sterling performance of 10-2-3-34. Apart from his cheers, the fans sit, stunned. The terrace has finally been silenced.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Andre said:
Australia 3/344 (49.5 overs/50 overs)

IK Pathan 0/94 (9.5 overs)

GB Hogg 94* striker
ME Wuagh 154* non-striker

49.5: Pathan to Hogg - half volley dispatched over the head of the bowler for 6 - a hundred to each player taking part in the delivery! Boy, don't Nehra and Balaji rue their dropped catches now!

India lead AA off the field after his sterling performance of 10-2-3-34.
these all when aus was chasing a target of 380 set by india :p :p :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Final match of the South Africa v Australia series... South Africa lead 2-0 going into the third match,
Played at Centurion Park (Northern suburbs chicks get in free :) ) which ends out like this...

South Africa 972-6dec. (M Van Jaarsveld 401* , MV Boucher 67, Shane Warne's mum 6-356, penalty runs 415)
Australia 543 all out (Langer 248, Nel 3-31, Boje 5-46, penalty runs 15 after Nel assaults Darren Lehmann with tongue)
Australia (f/o) 5 all out (Penalty runs 5 after Smith calls Lehmann a "lightweight", Pretorius 10-0)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, there are a few, but anything like this would do:
Australia 87ao (Lehmann 54, Nel 14-1-13-8)
South Africa 1000 for 2 dec. (Smith 542*, some other people some other big scores)
Australia 113ao (Lehmann 62, Adams 8-42)

This might top it, though:
Third Test in 2005, Trent Bridge, Australia 2-0 up after comfortable victories at Lord's and Edgbaston.
England 132ao (Dickinson 63*, Warne 8-49)
Australia 558ao (who cares about figures?)
England 607-6 (Dickinson 370, who cares about the rest?)
Australia 124ao (Caddick 8-20)
Going into the third session of the third day Australia cannot conceivably lose the series. However, in 37 overs England's newest prodigy Richard Dickinson(who could not score a run in third-team cricket for most of the previous season, or the three before that, but turned it around in late July) turns the game on it's head and continues the next day. In the remaining this and the next two games Dickinson engineers magnificent victories while dispelling the myth of Glenn McGrath's super-ability on wickets that don't move off the seam and also handing-out the most severe punishment ever seen by striking Brett Lee for 23 sixes all told, plus lots and lots of fours, off not that many overs. England win an Ashes series in England, which last happened 9 days before he was born.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
Dickinson engineers magnificent victories while dispelling the myth of Glenn McGrath's super-ability on wickets that don't move off the seam
I will be interested in the rest of the forum's response to that :happy:

Mine would be this:

Australia v New Zealand 2007 World Cup final in Barbados:

New Zealand 278-7 - 50 overs (Walsh 112*, Taylor 86, Fleming 78; Gillespie 3-39)
Australia 273-6 - 49.5 overs (Watson 82*, Ponting 69; Walsh 3-41)

Australia require 6 to win off the last ball to win their 4th World Cup:

49.5 Oram to Watson OUT: pitched up full toss by Jacob Oram, Shane Watson gets under it, hits it straight, it is going for six, no, it has been caught. Walsh leaps up in the air using his height to his advantage and catches it one handed and lands inside the boundary rope and New Zealand win by 5 runs to take out their first World Cup.

:D

Hey I am entitled to dream :D :p

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Cmon Guys atleast dream something which is remotely possible. We all know 1000 runs in tests or 5 (similar no.s) all out for Aussies is pretty near impossible. What I meant was something which has say 1% chance of happening :) Within realistic limitations ;)

Deja moo

International Captain
India vs Australia final test ,WACA .

Aus 1st Inns 56 ao .( McGrath 45* ,extras 11 , Pathan 5-16 , AA 4-17 )

India 1st Inns 1009/1 dec (V Sehwag 102*retd in 31 balls ,A Chopra 100 in 366 balls , R Dravid 101*retd ,S Tendulkar 100*retd in 32 balls , VVS Laxman 103*retd , SC Ganguly 401* in 411 balls , Balaji 100* in 54 balls , McGrath 1-567)

Aus 2nd Inns 34 ao .( McGrath 29* , extras 5 , Balaji 5-12 , Pathan 2-2 , AA 2-5 )

India win the 5th & final test by 919 runs in 2 days ,and take the series 5-0 .

I