Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: India needs improvement in the following areas to challenge Australia in ODIs.

Banned

India needs improvement in the following areas to challenge Australia in ODIs.

These are my findings.

1. Parthiv patel is unfit to do either wicket keeping or batting. India should quit this north indian leaning.

There is a better Wicket keeping material with sehwag like batting , DINESH karthik of Tamil Nadu. They should select him.

2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.

3. Ganguly - tendulkar should open or Ganguly - sehwag should open the innings. I do not like tendulkar -sehwag opening as the following batsman reduce the run rate. We need one side Big hitting batsman always to keep up the run rate.

Kaif should be promoted early as i see him score singles to keep up the run rate.

3. Srilankan bowler Meharoof impressed me very much. he is a find. He will be great Sri lankan fast bowler in future.

Also i see balaji is bowling with arms instead of shoulder and full body. I compared both meharoof/balaji action.

Found that balaji is doing arm bowling. That is because he does n't have lower body strength on his knee to uload the ball. He needs to hit the Gym to improve his lower body strength.

Pathan too if he ever wants to get close to Great Akram.

Zaheer knees gone. I know something about knee. Once it is screwed , you are done forever. He is out.

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.

5. India need atleast on Big hitting alrounder to challenge australia in ODIs , if not this indian team is stay average.

Your responses welcome.

later

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    These are my findings.

1. Parthiv patel is unfit to do either wicket keeping or batting. India should quit this north indian leaning.

There is a better Wicket keeping material with sehwag like batting , DINESH karthik of Tamil Nadu. They should select him.

2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.

3. Ganguly - tendulkar should open or Ganguly - sehwag should open the innings. I do not like tendulkar -sehwag opening as the following batsman reduce the run rate. We need one side Big hitting batsman always to keep up the run rate.

Kaif should be promoted early as i see him score singles to keep up the run rate.

3. Srilankan bowler Meharoof impressed me very much. he is a find. He will be great Sri lankan fast bowler in future.

Also i see balaji is bowling with arms instead of shoulder and full body. I compared both meharoof/balaji action.

Found that balaji is doing arm bowling. That is because he does n't have lower body strength on his knee to uload the ball. He needs to hit the Gym to improve his lower body strength.

Pathan too if he ever wants to get close to Great Akram.

Zaheer knees gone. I know something about knee. Once it is screwed , you are done forever. He is out.

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.

5. India need atleast on Big hitting alrounder to challenge australia in ODIs , if not this indian team is stay average.

Your responses welcome.

later
    the way I see it,India have enough talent in the batting department to have whoever batting where ever and more often than not they will post a good score.

They just need more consistant bowlers....and the mental edge to finish games off
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Do we really need two new threads discussing every minute detail of Indian cricket per day?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Do we really need two new threads discussing every minute detail of Indian cricket per day?

hehehe...you might be right.

But its nothing compared to what may happen if India win the Asia Cup in the end....there will be threads everywhere

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    And no Neil to keep a check on them ATM...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    Seems AlexKumar is a Die-hard Indian fan or a disguised Try-hard fan from across the border

Banned
    I am no FAN of any Team. Just telling you the fact.

Australian Team need some competition. It is pity that Indian team does n't have mental toughness to challenge them with their awsome talent in batting skill.

Indian selectors are worse than VIV richards as a selector.

later

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I am no FAN of any Team. Just telling you the fact.

If these are indeed facts, how come so many people are disagreeing?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Banned
    Any one disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.

Don't blame for your own faults.

Indian Team Bowling sucks. Indian Team fielding sucks. They will go as much as their batting can carry. They choke when pressure applied especially in the finals.

later

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Any one disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.
    Great. Another expert.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Yeah agreed Liam, we dont need all these topics popping up all the time.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Laxman has a s/r of 71.60, thats not slow.

So what should it be 126?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Banned
    You have to put counter point.

If you do not have then....

Indian Team needs lot of improvement to catch australians.

1. Improve Fielding
    2. All rounder
    3. Wicket Keepr/Batsman. (parthiv patel blows.

later

Listen up: VVS Laxman's numbers for 2004 so far in ODIs.

15 matches, 15 innings, 3 not outs
    591 runs
    Average 49.25
    Strike Rate: 83.94

His strike rate is higher than Dravid's (79.00) so far this year.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    But that's irrelevant, everyone knows that his poor start to his career is far more relevant to his current situation than just this year's figures!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information