• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India needs improvement in the following areas to challenge Australia in ODIs.

alexkumar

Banned
These are my findings.

1. Parthiv patel is unfit to do either wicket keeping or batting. India should quit this north indian leaning.

There is a better Wicket keeping material with sehwag like batting , DINESH karthik of Tamil Nadu. They should select him.

2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.

3. Ganguly - tendulkar should open or Ganguly - sehwag should open the innings. I do not like tendulkar -sehwag opening as the following batsman reduce the run rate. We need one side Big hitting batsman always to keep up the run rate.

Kaif should be promoted early as i see him score singles to keep up the run rate.

3. Srilankan bowler Meharoof impressed me very much. he is a find. He will be great Sri lankan fast bowler in future.

Also i see balaji is bowling with arms instead of shoulder and full body. I compared both meharoof/balaji action.

Found that balaji is doing arm bowling. That is because he does n't have lower body strength on his knee to uload the ball. He needs to hit the Gym to improve his lower body strength.

Pathan too if he ever wants to get close to Great Akram.

Zaheer knees gone. I know something about knee. Once it is screwed , you are done forever. He is out.

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.

5. India need atleast on Big hitting alrounder to challenge australia in ODIs , if not this indian team is stay average.

Your responses welcome.

later

Swervy

International Captain
alexkumar said:
These are my findings.

1. Parthiv patel is unfit to do either wicket keeping or batting. India should quit this north indian leaning.

There is a better Wicket keeping material with sehwag like batting , DINESH karthik of Tamil Nadu. They should select him.

2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.

3. Ganguly - tendulkar should open or Ganguly - sehwag should open the innings. I do not like tendulkar -sehwag opening as the following batsman reduce the run rate. We need one side Big hitting batsman always to keep up the run rate.

Kaif should be promoted early as i see him score singles to keep up the run rate.

3. Srilankan bowler Meharoof impressed me very much. he is a find. He will be great Sri lankan fast bowler in future.

Also i see balaji is bowling with arms instead of shoulder and full body. I compared both meharoof/balaji action.

Found that balaji is doing arm bowling. That is because he does n't have lower body strength on his knee to uload the ball. He needs to hit the Gym to improve his lower body strength.

Pathan too if he ever wants to get close to Great Akram.

Zaheer knees gone. I know something about knee. Once it is screwed , you are done forever. He is out.

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.

5. India need atleast on Big hitting alrounder to challenge australia in ODIs , if not this indian team is stay average.

Your responses welcome.

later
the way I see it,India have enough talent in the batting department to have whoever batting where ever and more often than not they will post a good score.

They just need more consistant bowlers....and the mental edge to finish games off

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do we really need two new threads discussing every minute detail of Indian cricket per day?

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Do we really need two new threads discussing every minute detail of Indian cricket per day?

hehehe...you might be right.

But its nothing compared to what may happen if India win the Asia Cup in the end....there will be threads everywhere :D

alexkumar

Banned
I am no FAN of any Team. Just telling you the fact.

Australian Team need some competition. It is pity that Indian team does n't have mental toughness to challenge them with their awsome talent in batting skill.

Indian selectors are worse than VIV richards as a selector.

later

alexkumar

Banned
Any one disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.

Don't blame for your own faults.

Indian Team Bowling sucks. Indian Team fielding sucks. They will go as much as their batting can carry. They choke when pressure applied especially in the finals.

later

alexkumar

Banned
You have to put counter point.

If you do not have then....

Indian Team needs lot of improvement to catch australians.

1. Improve Fielding
2. All rounder
3. Wicket Keepr/Batsman. (parthiv patel blows.

later

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Listen up: VVS Laxman's numbers for 2004 so far in ODIs.

15 matches, 15 innings, 3 not outs
591 runs
Average 49.25
Strike Rate: 83.94

His strike rate is higher than Dravid's (79.00) so far this year.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But that's irrelevant, everyone knows that his poor start to his career is far more relevant to his current situation than just this year's figures! ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And seeing how long he's kept (without injury), and how successful the side's been in that time, you just won't accept it's working will you?

biased indian

International Coach
alexkumar said:
These are my findings.
So for u ganguly who's SR is less than both Sachin and Sehwag will be the BIG HITTING batsmen :p :p :p

biased indian

International Coach
alexkumar said:
These are my findings.

So for india to be good they will need two all roundres while other teams are finding it difficult to have atleast one good all rounder :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Will one all rounder be enough who is big hitting as well as bowls fast :p :p