• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India needs improvement in the following areas to challenge Australia in ODIs.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.
Indian Team needs lot of improvement to catch australians.

1. Improve Fielding
2. All rounder
3. Wicket Keepr/Batsman.
*wonders why india are still refusing to play those two all-rounders (one a big shot-maker whose od average is nearest 80, the other an accurate 160km swing bowler) who do exist, but are still waiting to be found...*

or maybe they should re-open that cricket player factory that pumps out players who have a perfect game...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
alexkumar said:
Any one disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.

Don't blame for your own faults.

Indian Team Bowling sucks. Indian Team fielding sucks. They will go as much as their batting can carry. They choke when pressure applied especially in the finals.

later
yeah you guys, see the light, india are a bunch of chokers!! chokers, chokers, chokers, chokers, chokers!! Chokers!!!! anyone disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.

anyway, id just *chokers* like to say *chokers* that I... *chokers* Far out, every *chokers* second word *chokers* I say is *chokers*

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.
yea, yesterday at lunch when the teachers werent looking, we passed round that sweet, sweet VVS... ahhhhh man gotta love it. *takes big breath of vvs*

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
And seeing how long he's kept (without injury), and how successful the side's been in that time, you just won't accept it's working will you?
But that's bound to happen and he is most imp player in the Indian team. Dravid himself isn't happy keeping and repeatedly makes his views known on this issue and also anyway he isn't going to go on keeping till the next wc.

V Reddy

International Debutant
biased indian said:
So for u ganguly who's SR is less than both Sachin and Sehwag will be the BIG HITTING batsmen :p :p :p

Though imo his justification is wrong but i agree with him that Tendulkar batting at 4 was the best lineup from the team point of view .

V Reddy

International Debutant
alexkumar said:
These are my findings.

1. Parthiv patel is unfit to do either wicket keeping or batting. India should quit this north indian leaning.

There is a better Wicket keeping material with sehwag like batting , DINESH karthik of Tamil Nadu. They should select him.

2. India needs an All rounder who can bowl fast. India lacks options in bowling department.

3. Ganguly - tendulkar should open or Ganguly - sehwag should open the innings. I do not like tendulkar -sehwag opening as the following batsman reduce the run rate. We need one side Big hitting batsman always to keep up the run rate.

Kaif should be promoted early as i see him score singles to keep up the run rate.

3. Srilankan bowler Meharoof impressed me very much. he is a find. He will be great Sri lankan fast bowler in future.

Also i see balaji is bowling with arms instead of shoulder and full body. I compared both meharoof/balaji action.

Found that balaji is doing arm bowling. That is because he does n't have lower body strength on his knee to uload the ball. He needs to hit the Gym to improve his lower body strength.

Pathan too if he ever wants to get close to Great Akram.

Zaheer knees gone. I know something about knee. Once it is screwed , you are done forever. He is out.

4. I know everybody high on VVS laxman. but i do not think he is fit to be in INDIAN ODI team because of his slow scoring rate. He put lots of pressure on the follow up players.

5. India need atleast on Big hitting alrounder to challenge australia in ODIs , if not this indian team is stay average.

Your responses welcome.

later
1. IMO Dinesh Karthik should be tried out in onedayers while Patel deserves his position in tests by merit after the Pak series. Though my opinion matches with you that Karthik is the better player overall, Patel is nowhere as bad as you make him out to be.

2. I agree with you about Ganguly-Sehwag but not the justification. On Kaif, there is no place at the top order for him at present b'coz all of them are doing well

3.I haven't seen this series and so can't comment

4. He has been batting superbly in the last year or so and he is avg around 50 with a SR of aound 80 and so you can't drop him

5. We don't have an allrounder and so no point pondering over it. As Chris said
mental strength is the difference more than anything else

Last edited:

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
yeah you guys, see the light, india are a bunch of chokers!! chokers, chokers, chokers, chokers, chokers!! Chokers!!!! anyone disagreeing with me is a Hardcore blind fan.

anyway, id just *chokers* like to say *chokers* that I... *chokers* Far out, every *chokers* second word *chokers* I say is *chokers*

yea, yesterday at lunch when the teachers werent looking, we passed round that sweet, sweet VVS... ahhhhh man gotta love it. *takes big breath of vvs*
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: just classic ... :clapping:

Swervy

International Captain
V Reddy said:
As Chris said
mental strength is the difference more than anything else
and that is where captaincy come into play. Australia have always had that fighting spirit...even in the mid 80's...the problem was that there was no talent available to convert it into results.

Border changed his style of captaincy and with an injection of talent, the team steadily improved...this all culminated with Steve waughs captaincy..a man who led by example (who can forget his hundred vs England in 2001 when he could hardly walk).

Ganguly for mine is lacking big time in this department. he lets things slip away to much,and the last few times I have seen him play, if things arent going to well, he goes into his shell and looks a nervous wreck. India need a captain who can get stuck in there,and lead by example, especially in the field.

We all know India have great batting talent, but this is no good without consistant bowling and high class fielding...India have the batting to not need a great allrounder, so I dont think that is really a problem

biased indian

International Coach
Swervy said:
and that is where captaincy come into play. Australia have always had that fighting spirit...even in the mid 80's...the problem was that there was no talent available to convert it into results.

Border changed his style of captaincy and with an injection of talent, the team steadily improved...this all culminated with Steve waughs captaincy..a man who led by example (who can forget his hundred vs England in 2001 when he could hardly walk).

Ganguly for mine is lacking big time in this department. he lets things slip away to much,and the last few times I have seen him play, if things arent going to well, he goes into his shell and looks a nervous wreck. India need a captain who can get stuck in there,and lead by example, especially in the field.

We all know India have great batting talent, but this is no good without consistant bowling and high class fielding...India have the batting to not need a great allrounder, so I dont think that is really a problem
Ganguly is the best captian india had result wise.just look india record recently
i dont think its that bad

V Reddy

International Debutant
biased indian said:
Ganguly is the best captian india had result wise.just look india record recently
It is ok when compared with mediocrity but here we are comparing with Australia :p

biased indian

International Coach
V Reddy said:
It is ok when compared with mediocrity but here we are comparing with Australia :p
No he didnt compare ganguly with ponting any where he was pointing out defects in ganguly captiancy :wacko: :wacko:

Swervy

International Captain
biased indian said:
on the field, I dont think Ganguly has had that much influence on the results....i think his captaincy has coincided with the most talented Indian team of all time

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:

Couldn't agree more and couldn't have said any better. On field, Ganguly is neither inspirational nor intelligent. He isn't even the same batsman he used to be once.
That said I dont want to replace him, We dont have any other option. There is no one in India who can do a better job than DADA. We shouldn't even compare ourselves to Australia, they have a great system at place, they identify one player and groom him for future, Credit should go to them for this, Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, really an admirable work.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
Couldn't agree more and couldn't have said any better. On field, Ganguly is neither inspirational nor intelligent. He isn't even the same batsman he used to be once.
That said I dont want to replace him, We dont have any other option. There is no one in India who can do a better job than DADA. We shouldn't even compare ourselves to Australia, they have a great system at place, they identify one player and groom him for future, Credit should go to them for this, Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, really an admirable work.
erm..i am speechless (for a change)..Sanz has agreed with what I have said. :D Nice one

I guess if there is no other viable option for captaincy then Ganguly should continue...it will be intresting to see if Australia put some real pressure on him in the up coming series and how he reacts

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
on the field, I dont think Ganguly has had that much influence on the results....i think his captaincy has coincided with the most talented Indian team of all time

I think he's moulded a team out of the talented individuals.

Swervy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I think he's moulded a team out of the talented individuals.
but thats my point...if such a bunch of talented players did play as a team (in the same way as NZ, or for that matter Australia do) then India would be seriously challenging Australia for number one spot...but as it is,that bunch of individuals only comes together as a team occassionally, hence the inconsistancy in their play.

alexkumar

Banned
Ganguly is the smartest captain better than ponting.

There is no one can deny Gangulys fighting spirit.

Ponting / waugh was equipped with world class bowlers with great batting line up next only to indians.

It makes cpataincy job easier.

With worst indian bowling , you can't even compare ganguly with ponting.

Ganguly is a cunning dude. He takes risk. He brought everyone on line with his methods.

Only one he could n't control is tendulkar bitch.

Tendulkar should bat at middle order , but he sucks there.

All tendulkar needs is score more runs as opening batsman and make India lose.

Dravid sacrificing everything for INDIA by doing wicket keeping.

Tendulkar can't even adjust his position in order to make Indian batting Fail proof.

Tendulkar is a selfish biatch.

later

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i reckon!! tendulkar has wrecked the indian team... whats his problem?!? wow so he is the best batsman in the world, big deal!! he should be dropped, fined and then killed.