• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias Choker Ranking!.

alexkumar

Banned
OK people, Now india choked against Sri lanka as i said , lets put who is the biggest choker in Indian Team batting wise. (bowling wise , indian bowlers should play for hong kong. hahaha).

1. Tendulkar.
2. VVS laxman
3. parthiv patel
4. Ganguly
5. yuvaraj
6. sehwag
7. kaif

Now chokers list completed , me New Indian Batting XI

1.Ganguly
2.Tendulkar (he chokes with good team and scores hunderd against bad team).
3. Sehwag
4. Dravid
5. Kaif
6. Yuvaraj ( This guy is not that talentes as people project)
7. karthik (tamilnadu 18 year old wicket keeper / batsman)
8. pathan
9. balaji
10.kumble.
11.Nehra or singh

your counter response welcome. If you have other ideas to improve Indian Team , let us know. :p

later

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
alexkumar said:
OK people, Now india choked against Sri lanka as i said , lets put who is the biggest choker in Indian Team batting wise. (bowling wise , indian bowlers should play for hong kong. hahaha).

1. Tendulkar.
2. VVS laxman
3. parthiv patel
4. Ganguly
5. yuvaraj
6. sehwag
7. kaif

Now chokers list completed , me New Indian Batting XI

1.Ganguly
2.Tendulkar (he chokes with good team and scores hunderd against bad team).
3. Sehwag
4. Dravid
5. Kaif
6. Yuvaraj ( This guy is not that talentes as people project)
7. karthik (tamilnadu 18 year old wicket keeper / batsman)
8. pathan
9. balaji
10.kumble.
11.Nehra or singh

your counter response welcome. If you have other ideas to improve Indian Team , let us know. :p

later
Seriously...You can't leve Laxman out of any Indian team IMO. The guy gets crucified after two bad scores. IMO he is the best batsman in the world ATM. Believe me, I have seen enough of him bat.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea i think every aussie has seen enough of him batting...

and alex man... WHAT THE?!? the indians lose a game by less then 20 runs and ur branding em all chokers?? far out...

Last edited:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
How is Laxman a choker, he plays all these special innings under pressure (in Tests especially).

alexkumar

Banned
The problem with India is always its Bowling.

Because of Bad bowling , Indian Batsman is always under pressure to rescue the Team most of the time.

With good opposition , this become more difficult.

India has finally produced a batsman of calibre of australian interms of mental toughness in DRAVID. He wants to win every game.

Tendulkar is just a flash fool. He may have best technique and talent in the world , he just chokes most of the time when pressure applied. It is magnified very frequently as he fail again against good opposition.

As far as Laxman concerns , he is a good batsman against australia but i value players based on how they played under pressure. How many times they save India from losing. He is a slow run gatherer and unfit to be in ODI team.

Ganguly should open as it seems he is rusty like hell. His foot work was awful.
Atleast he will have more concentration if he opens with Tendulkar.

I reall love to see Sehwag 3 rd spot. It will keep the runrate steady.

That said India is still capable of beating Sri Lanka , it is just that Indian Team is sleep walking as they are not ready to play.

Tendulkar form is a concern , he may fail again.

I do think Srilankas bowling is next to Australian Bowling. Because they closed out australian teams in around 200 many times. Indian bowlers never did that.

The way i see Indian bowlers lacks tougness except kumble. Indian bowlers confidence can be shattered if they get clobbered for sixs. All bowlers are. But indian bowlers are succeptible to losing confidence quick within 5 overs.

Indians are showing some fight back qualities because of Kaif and yuvaraj.

If it is any old indian Team , they would have been bowled out within 200.

Parthiv Patel is unfit to even qualify for Hong Kong Team. he is there because of Indian Cricket Politics.

later

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
India chokers?

To be considered chokers India would had to have been strong favourites. I'm not sure they were in this case. I believe they performed to expectations - losing a close game.

I do think Tendulkar is very much over-rated, and is not a reliable batsmen despite his record. Laxman deserves the No.4 spot while Ganguly only retains his spot through captaincy right.

The bowlers are the real problem, especially considering that none are true allrounders.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
He wants to win every game.
Are you implying that the other Indian bats don't want to win? Rubbish.
As far as Laxman concerns , he is a good batsman against australia but i value players based on how they played under pressure. How many times they save India from losing.
Are you saying that Laxman can't perform under pressure, that he doesn't save India from losing? :blink:

Last edited:

alexkumar

Banned
Indian players are talented batsman. Thats it. No more.
They do not have will to win like JAVED MIANDED type players. The closest is Rahul Dravid. Next is Kaif.

That is it.

Rest of the players succumb to pressure when they face with Good Bowling attack.

All they had to do yesterday was hitting few sixers in the middle , so that they can make the fielders to boundary line and get quick singles after that.

Indian team is not smart under pressure. Never was. Indian Team lacks true Batting master.

tendulkar is a choker and he is getting old , his eye coordiantion going down. He is fishing to many balls.

Laxman is great test batsman , he has proven that. He is not good oneday batsman even theough he scored 5 centuries.

We do not want players of same type. With same limited roles.

Ganguly , Tendulkar , Laxman all same. The only one i can leave out of this 3 is laxman even though he is better batsman than Ganguly.

Dravid is only one cream of the crop.

Kaif is a great one day batsman.

Yuvaraj is not that good as people are over rating him. May be laxman can take yuvaraj place.

The problem with Indian team is not batsman issue.

INDIAN TEAM LACKS TRUE ALL ROUNDERS!. Until india have 3 All rounders , Indian team can't win any big matches.

Ramesh Powar is not an All rounder for god sake!. Spinner is not an all rounder especially if he is not a strike bowler.

Powar bowling sucks!.

You people are unfit to be SELECTORS.

later

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
All they had to do yesterday was hitting few sixers in the middle
"Oh I need to hit sixes, so I will hit some." Easier said than done.
INDIAN TEAM LACKS TRUE ALL ROUNDERS!. Until india have 3 All rounders , Indian team can't win any big matches.
It not a matter of having all rounders, it's a matter of bowling, which they are improving on. Even Australia doesn't have a true all rounder.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
alex this is some of the craziest **** i have ever heard!! i wait for the day when i find someone with ur truely unique view.

1) tendulkar is NOT a choker dammit.
2) you seem to be rating kaif very highly... hes really not that amazing.
3) indian batting is amazing!! im an aussie and every time i see india go into bat i always expect results and i pretty much always get em.
4) sri lankan bowling next to the aussies???? whaa!!?? u think mcgrath, gillespie, lee/kaspo and warne is the equal to vaas, zoysa/malinga, chandana and murali???? not even close my friend, ESPECIALLY w/out murali. the aussies were w/out their "murali" warne for a year and they are world champions.
5) what is patel, like 19?? give him time!!!! and he would be the star of hong kong cricket if (god forbid) he ever played for em.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
who keeps starting these choker threads ???? maybe the words choker, chucker should be on the ban list.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its more to do with the mental toughness of the players, rather than their skill.
We all know the skill of Tendulkar, but he seems to go MIA every once in awhile when his team really needs him to lift his game.

Dravid is probably the only Indian player I believe, who has the ability to dig himself a hole & then get himself out of it consistently.

alexkumar

Banned
It does n't matter whether you are aussie or an outsider. The fact is Indian team chokes.

If they want to be even close second to aussie , they have to play tough.

Every one knows India's strength is its Batting. And that batting is always under pressure because of pathetic Indian bowling (below average -- worst than UAE bowling).

No Team in the world more under pressure than INDIAN batting because of its awful bowling.

That being said, if you are a MASTER batsman , you have to show up when TEAM needs you.

So far Tendulkar is always MIA in every BIG occasion. Tendulkar is pathetic batsman. Yeah Yeah i have heard enough of Tendulkar exploits on bad teams and when things are not that urgent.

Kaif is not half talented as VVS laxman but that guy applies himself every time INDIA needs him. That is a mark of TEAM player.

I do think indian team needs an alrounder as its bowling is very awful now.

All this senior players is lazy and does n't field well.

I can gurantee now itself , Australia will beat the crap out of INDIA in INDIA if some thing does n't change.

Indians are always over confident in inapporitiate time.

This Indian Team is LAZY and lacks mental tougness.

If they want to be comfortable fourth in the world , then they are at home.

If they want to be No.1 in the world , i am not seeing any signs of it.

later

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And that batting is always under pressure because of pathetic Indian bowling (below average -- worst than UAE bowling).
exaggeration of the year??

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
hahahahahahaha i typed in century but then for some reason deleted it and put year. pathan and balaji r a good opening combo and will get better.

Craig

World Traveller
alexkumar said:
He wants to win every game.
And so he should.

If your not out there to win, then what is the point in showing up? To lose?

It should be the attitude of all Test and ODI cricketers.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
And so he should.

If your not out there to win, then what is the point in showing up? To lose?

It should be the attitude of all Test and ODI cricketers.
I don't think he was criticising him...