• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias Choker Ranking!.

Sehwag309

Banned
imranrabb said:
yeah chokers.All chockers
Ya, wouldn't people like you like to take a shot at India while everyone is. They are discussing cricket, not hatred like you guys do.
Told u b4, this is not ur dirty PakPassion forum

delkap

State Vice-Captain
alexkumar said:
Yes , Tendulkar won lots of ODI except in big Tournament Finals.

He chokes every time in the final. Tell me one final in the last 10 years he singlehandedly won it for india?

I don't think so. he was always a choker. He just made runs when no one cared.

As far parthiv Patel , He blows. That guy is not even good Wk. Most of the reasons Indians suck because of BAD SELECTION by Selctors. India's selction is based upon geography. That its downfall. they want all the players from Bombay Team and delhi Team. It is pathetic. It has been like that for past 50 years.

There are more talented Wicket Keepers with better batting Talent in India , They selcted this dumb ass Patel. That shows what exactly Indian selectors want. They want their relatives in the Team , Like rohan Gavaskar or former cricketers relatives. It is pathetic.

This Indian Team blows.

There is only 4 people who is best in this Indian Team. Sehwag, Dravid, Kaif and Pathan(his mental attitude is good).

Rest all junk. Fillers.

Yeah, This team is good enough to be Average. Thats all. They may win here and there. Never going to win the World Cup. Never again until they these dumb asses field better.

Ganguly dumb ass try to over use DRAVID and does even BAT well. He is not even doing his role as a CAPTAIN well.

All indian batsman will playe better than in any other Team simply because other teams are structred well. The roles are defined clearly. To be a Batsman in Australian team is not that difficult because there is not musch pressure to score big because bowlers win most of their games.

Anyone supporting tendulkar are proven guilty of supporting mentally weak player. (kapil dev single handely won 1983 , Gavaskar won in 1985 benson hedges with his batting and captaincy. Tendulkar so far laid egg in every chance he got.)

Counter Response welcome.

later.
It is very clear that you dont know cricket !!!

Well I'll still reply to ur baseless comments with facts...

Yes , Tendulkar won lots of ODI except in big Tournament Finals.

He chokes every time in the final. Tell me one final in the last 10 years he singlehandedly won it for india?
Sachin fails in finals??

He has featured in 42 completed finals.

India won 22 of these finals.

Sachin averages 67.63 in these victories, with 5 centuries and 5 fifties. See the record here.

Off the 20 losses India had, Tendulkar averages 25.80 with just 3 50s. Now a stupid like you would say, "see he choked in half the finals" Well so what was the rest of the team doing ??? He won half the finals, isn't that good enough?
India in past was so dependent on him, that if he failed they will lose, andthen people would blame him for loss. Now its not the case anymore. Other team members contribute too, but still it is ridiculous to blame Sachin if India loses.

His record indicates how important he is in finals. Even a 40 or 60 from him goes a long way in ensuring India wins. BTW this doesn't even include some imp WC matches (96, 03) and crucial must-win series or tournament matches he has won. As for single handed wins, look at his 5 100s and WC record, and many many more.. (that can be thread on its own, matches in which Sachin played a lone hand :D)

For the record, Sachin has done more for Indian cricket than Kapil or Gavaskar. They didnt win the tournaments u mention single-handedly, they had team support. Everyone did their part, which is wht Ind team is doing now.

And Ganguly has to be the best Indian captain so far (u gotta look at his success) True he seems out of touch with batting, but he is very good captain, and still capable of doing great things (eg: Brisbane and Melbourne Test in 03), 1st ODI in VB Series.

To say there r only 4 good players, and ignore players like Kumble, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, Laxman, (Sachin obviously..) is a joke !!

If you say they r crap, u do not know anything abt cricket mate !!

Over the months Patel has improved, and needs to be given a chance...

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Tendulkar won lots of ODI except in big Tournament Finals.

Oh how easily people forget!

95 (78) v PAK
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...S/SJIC/IND_PAK_SJIC_ODI-FINAL1_14JAN1998.html

134 (131) v AUS
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...ORECARDS/AUS_IND_CCC_ODI-FINAL_24APR1998.html

128 (131) v SL
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...ORECARDS/IND_SL_SANT_ODI-FINAL_07JUL1998.html

Clearly he doesn't choke in every final. He averages 47.1 in grand finals as compared to his career average of 44.62.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
First of all -- I have my doubts about 'alexkumar' and his purported Indianness, but that's neither here nor there since daftness seems to be a universal phenomenon.

Can we all just 'chill' and stop trying to prove things to someone who is obviously serving up flamebait? Who cares if 'alexkumar' of 'xxxx' massages whatever insecurities he has by spouting off ignorant tripe.

My apologies for the ad hominems, but I can't think of a more appropriate response to this sh1t

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
One thing I find amusing is that the SRT supporters are very happy to give him credit when India win, and say he won it, but when they lose, they blame the rest of the team...

Note, that I don't actually think he is a choker, just making an observation.

alexkumar

Banned
Well said Marc.

Blind fans. Actually they all chokers like Tendulkar.

I tell the truth. No bias.

If he won the next world cup on his batting , i will come here give props to that little man.

Until than he is another Ravis Sashtri (selfish cricketer) looking at audi car in 1985 benson hedges .

Tendulkar is just a scoring machine except when india needs him.

You can counter response with valid FACTS. Prove he is n't choker , if not just shut up.

later

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Until than he is another Ravis Sashtri (selfish cricketer) looking at audi car in 1985 benson hedges .
Ravi Shastri was a very good all-rounder for India and should even be recalled, given the lack of one. His all-round performance won the B&H!

alexkumar

Banned
It was Srikkanth Batting set up big scores and Sastri just scores just higher than Srikanth to get that AUDI CAR. he is a selfish *******.

He is sole reason India lost most games because of his poor slow batting.

later

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
You do know that SRT is human like everyone else and can't win every game for India?

Maybe he would perform better if India didn't expect so much from him.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
alexkumar said:
You can counter response with valid FACTS. Prove he is n't choker , if not just shut up.

later
Umm, I did give you the facts on previous page, which u conveniently ignored !! He averages 46+ in finals (a bit higher than his normal avg) which shows he isnt a choker. And post next to mine had some of his final scores listed...

You r simply talking b****hit, and hv no idea abt cricket..

delkap

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
One thing I find amusing is that the SRT supporters are very happy to give him credit when India win, and say he won it, but when they lose, they blame the rest of the team...

Note, that I don't actually think he is a choker, just making an observation.
Umm I am a bg Sachin fan, but it doesn't mean I give him all credit for final wins. Ofcourse he has won some finals on his own and needs credit.. At the same time Ganguly, Dravid, Azhar, Jadeja, Yuvraj, Kaif, Sehwag + bowlers (Kumble, Srinath, Zaheer, Agarkar etc) all hv contributed..

Everyone tries to win, if India lose, people blame Sachin.. well team is to blame for that. If Ind wins, again team is responsible not Sachin alone (apart from a select few occasions like in Sharjah 98 vs Aus)

What drived me mad is why should Sachin be blamed if team lost.. everyone is equally at fault.. And its not as if he never contributes in finals, his career and final avg is almost same.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Umm I am a bg Sachin fan, but it doesn't mean I give him all credit for final wins. Ofcourse he has won some finals on his own and needs credit.. At the same time Ganguly, Dravid, Azhar, Jadeja, Yuvraj, Kaif, Sehwag + bowlers (Kumble, Srinath, Zaheer, Agarkar etc) all hv contributed..
well you see im definately not a sachin fan. BUT here i am still praising him!! the man is probably the best in the world or at least up there. he is extremely good, i just hope he kicks butt in the final to prove alexwhatiscricketkumar wrong.

haha and i dont think vvs is best of the rest at the mo, but he has an incredible record against aussie.

Sudeep

International Captain
alexkumar said:
Now chokers list completed , me New Indian Batting XI

1.Ganguly
2.Tendulkar (he chokes with good team and scores hunderd against bad team).
3. Sehwag
4. Dravid
5. Kaif
6. Yuvaraj ( This guy is not that talentes as people project)
7. karthik (tamilnadu 18 year old wicket keeper / batsman)
8. pathan
9. balaji
10.kumble.
11.Nehra or singh

your counter response welcome. If you have other ideas to improve Indian Team , let us know. :p

later

You keep changing the batting line-up every day in new threads. It only shows how little knowledge you have about Indian cricket. :p

alexkumar

Banned
Indians are chokers at big GAME. History prove that.

Indians got whipped and humiliated and put in their place by AUSTRALIA, The king of cricket in both VB series and World Cup.

They scored 350+ in both games and India got out around 160.

That says a lot about Indian team as a chokers.

This is a known fact.

That is why i am giving alternative ideas, why this team lacks mental strength and few key players don't perform at crucial juncture.

So called Master batsman chokes always when indian needed him. He is not master batsman , he is master batsman with choking skills. Hahaha!.

you can respond.

later

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
wow who knew sachin read this forum :)

link

"People who are talking about me not enjoying my batting, better get it right. It's a wrong perception. Those who understand the game wouldn't be talking about it."