Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: India lacks BIG hitting all rounder

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    xxxx
    Posts
    89

    India lacks BIG hitting all rounder/ India - Srilanka prediction

    hi,

    I do not think this INDIAN ODI team is strong.

    Except sewag , no one is good in raising RUNRATE in above 6 per over.

    Especially in slog overs , we should be scoring 10 runs an OVER but current Indian batting line up in slog overs can come up with only 6 per Over. Average.

    Also i do think PARTHIV patel is unfit for ODI team. He is in the team because of INDIAN cricket politics. This kind of bad selection is the one really killing indian team. Like picking rohan Gavaskar because of GAVASKAR pressure.

    I am looking in Kapil DEV level Big Hitting Big All rounder. Is indians are still eating vegetables? Why there is a lack of powerful all rounders in indian team?.

    if you remove Dravid, this indian team is bunch of chokers especially in big occasion.

    They got humiliated badly in World Cup and VB series. Still playing with same choker players? why ? why there is no change to adjust for Aussie Team?.

    Indian TEST team can rival Aussie Test Team. Not in One Day.

    In One Day International Srilanka is above India even with jayasuriya's bad batting form.

    I bet India will lose to srilanka today. Then you will listen to me.

    Here is my new modified Batting line up.

    Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    kaif
    Ganguly
    Dravid
    yuvaraj
    -need BIG Hitting wicket Keeper (not parthiv patel kid - not strong enough) or Super BIG HITTING all rounder.
    Balaji
    Pathan
    Kumble
    Zaheer khan or Nehra.

    Can you please list 5 best All rounders / 5 best wicket keepers and their current records in domestic cricket

    Lets see who really deserves by talent not by geography or Blood connection.

    Counter argument welcome.

    (note : i have n't forgot tendulkar, he is not that good in big occasion until he proves otherwise. He is yet to win the world cup for India or any cup on his own shoulders.He is a great batsman on his day(?) but not in lara level )

    later
    Last edited by alexkumar; 17-07-2004 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    First of all India needs an all rounder..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

    Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

    Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

    Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

    Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

  3. #3
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    And Yuvraj Singh has to be one of the biggest hitters in world cricket!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  4. #4
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    no doubt there cloete..


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    xxxx
    Posts
    89
    yuvaraj blows. He is ok.
    He is no Adam Gilchrist. I never seen him hit 2 sixs in an over.
    He is not even afridi. (ofcourse afridi is inconsistant). I am not talking about inconsistant , i am talking about the ability to hit multiple sixs against very good opposition in the slog overs.

    I do not think INDIA has any Big Hitters in slog overs.

    Until then India will choke.

    India can win up to the finals , but they will choke in the finals as usual.

    later

  6. #6
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    In One Day International Srilanka is above India even with jayasuriya's bad batting form.

    I bet India will lose to srilanka today. Then you will listen to me.

    Losing one match doesn't necessarily mean we're not better than Sri Lanka in ODIs.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

  7. #7
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    (note : i have n't forgot tendulkar, he is not that good in big occasion until he proves otherwise. He is yet to win the world cup for India or any cup on his own shoulders.He is a great batsman on his day(?) but not in lara level )

    Yes, and Lara has won a truck load of World Cups for the Windies, hasn't he?

    I'm not arguing that Tendulkar > Lara, because it's one of the most difficult comparisons IMO, but your criteria for the comparison is downright stupid.

  8. #8
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    Here is my new modified Batting line up.

    Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    kaif
    Ganguly
    Dravid
    yuvaraj
    -need BIG Hitting wicket Keeper (not parthiv patel kid - not strong enough) or Super BIG HITTING all rounder.
    Balaji
    Pathan
    Kumble
    Zaheer khan or Nehra.

    Can you explain why you'd rate Nehra above Agarkar?

  9. #9
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    hi,
    They got humiliated badly in World Cup and VB series. Still playing with same choker players? why ? why there is no change to adjust for Aussie Team?.

    Can you point out exactly who's a choker in the current side?


    The fact is, we lose to Australia, because we're not good as them, we don't have the facilities they do, we don't have the talent they do, we don't have the mental attitude they do etc., and not because we're a bunch of chokers.

  10. #10
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    Also i do think PARTHIV patel is unfit for ODI team. He is in the team because of INDIAN cricket politics. This kind of bad selection is the one really killing indian team. Like picking rohan Gavaskar because of GAVASKAR pressure.
    Rohan turned out quite decent didn't he?

    Where do you get your information from?

  11. #11
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    yuvaraj blows. He is ok.
    He is no Adam Gilchrist. I never seen him hit 2 sixs in an over.
    He is not even afridi. (ofcourse afridi is inconsistant). I am not talking about inconsistant , i am talking about the ability to hit multiple sixs against very good opposition in the slog overs.

    He's no Adam Gilchrist, because Gilchrist is an exceptional talent.

    He's no Afridi? Are you out of your mind? Is big hitting all that's required in 50-over cricket? Hello? We're talking about 50-over cricket, not Twenty20. And anyway, Yuvraj has atleast brought more victories for India than Afridi has for Pakistan. A win is what matters, not big hitting.

  12. #12
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Alex, I see you've again left out Laxman.

    Now, if I remember correctly, you gave the reason that he scores slow in ODIs, in the other thread, and thus you'd rather have him only in the Test side.

    But, Laxman has scored at 90+ SR ( last four siginificant innings). And I pretty sure 80+ overall during the last 12 months.

    So, why no Laxman?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    xxxx
    Posts
    89
    hi sudeep,

    You need to understand the concept of Role Playing.

    Chicago Bulls won so many champion ship because Phil Jackson able to make other players play a specific role without bickering who scored more point or...

    Same way here.

    Australian Team is so good , not only they have a talent in both batting and bowling. They also have mental strength simply because every one plays their role to perfection. That is why even when they lose Waugh , they still follow the same plan.

    Indian Team has players who can bat all 50 overs. All indian Team lacks now is some BIG hitting in slog overs. Other spots are filled.

    1.Kaif plays crucial role in stabilizing run rate or chasing. He is a stabilizer and keep one side occupies. He has done exceptional job.

    2. Yuvaraj also has done same thing kaif done. But i feel yuvaraj has n't found his niche in this Team. He is not sure how he should play. We do not need two kaif in succession.

    3. We have great Openers and middle order for One Day. All it lacks some big Hitting in like 10 / over in slog overs , I am not sure we have that kind of player with some bowling skills. This is the key spot for winning Big Finals.

    Pathan / Balaji have n't proven themself that they can score quick and more than 20 runs. They are not physically strong yet.

    We need a STAR all rounder.

    Do you have any list of possible STAR all rounder in domestic cricket?

    Our Bowling is still lacks bite. Balaji is ok , he is still 3rd bowler , not good for opening. Zaheer is still not healthy. Nehra (big Hurt).

    So bowling also has to be improved.

    Don't take me wrong , India is a very good Team , All i am saying to slay the king (australia) , India has to improve a lot to catch them.

    later

  14. #14
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    Thats pretty arrogant saying that India isint capable of winning a final if someone doesnt go beserk.. and if someone did go beserk and it doesnt work out , you will suffer for what you wished for..
    I think hitting sixes is important and useful in slog overs and useful winning matches,
    what is far more important in the slog overs is being concious of what you are chasing , or if you are looking to set a good target , being conscious of the overs , overs left, whos left to bowl , whos bowling , scoring areas etc ... all that and other factors are good enough to get a team to apply fair amount of pressure on the opposition causing mistakes and then the fours and sixes come in due time.
    I see our country ( NZ ) do it really well most times , applying pressure on opposing teams with their quick running between the wickets and converting singles into twos and so on and then when the boundaries come they are a lot more rewarding aswell..

  15. #15
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkumar
    hi sudeep,

    You need to understand the concept of Role Playing.

    Chicago Bulls won so many champion ship because Phil Jackson able to make other players play a specific role without bickering who scored more point or...

    Same way here.

    Australian Team is so good , not only they have a talent in both batting and bowling. They also have mental strength simply because every one plays their role to perfection. That is why even when they lose Waugh , they still follow the same plan.

    Indian Team has players who can bat all 50 overs. All indian Team lacks now is some BIG hitting in slog overs. Other spots are filled.

    1.Kaif plays crucial role in stabilizing run rate or chasing. He is a stabilizer and keep one side occupies. He has done exceptional job.

    2. Yuvaraj also has done same thing kaif done. But i feel yuvaraj has n't found his niche in this Team. He is not sure how he should play. We do not need two kaif in succession.

    3. We have great Openers and middle order for One Day. All it lacks some big Hitting in like 10 / over in slog overs , I am not sure we have that kind of player with some bowling skills. This is the key spot for winning Big Finals.

    Pathan / Balaji have n't proven themself that they can score quick and more than 20 runs. They are not physically strong yet.

    We need a STAR all rounder.

    Do you have any list of possible STAR all rounder in domestic cricket?

    Our Bowling is still lacks bite. Balaji is ok , he is still 3rd bowler , not good for opening. Zaheer is still not healthy. Nehra (big Hurt).

    So bowling also has to be improved.

    Don't take me wrong , India is a very good Team , All i am saying to slay the king (australia) , India has to improve a lot to catch them.

    later

    I've the same opinion, that India's a very good team, but not in Australia's league.


    But, I don't understand some of the changes you suggest.


    You say Kaif could do a stabilizing role at #3, and and yet we see the same from Laxman don't we?

    So why no Laxman?

    He's a better player than Kaif, ins't he?

    If both play at the same SR, and Laxman is more reliable, why Kaif, and not Laxman?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •