Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello to existing Cricketweb members ;)

Cricket Spectator

Hello to existing Cricketweb members ;)

If the guys at cricketweb are wondering how come there is a sudden influx of 'waterboys' in this particular chat room , well here's the reason : there used to be a cricket chat at Sports.com which has now been shut down coz of financial constraints . I used to be a frequent contibutor there and i was searching for a new place to hangout. I came across this site after doing a google search and i believe this site is much better than the one we had at Sports.com. The interface is very neat and the more heartening fact is the presence of moderators. This means some guys cant get away with murder . I recommended this site to some of the members at Sports.com . But the sad part is most of the sensible guys have stayed away and some morons have joined instead. Guys like GreatIndia usually type in caps and talk sheer crap ! Cozmic coyote , Vande Mataram ,Aja Agarkar are a tad too overpatriotic . Yorker is fine . For a pakistani , he can talk sense .

U wont recieve any trouble from me guaranteed. Cricket is all i wanna talk and share about ! I'm very glad that this site has efficient moderators and no sort of irresponsible behaviour will be tolerated. This never happenned at Sports.com

Cheers to u guys ! 8D

[Edited on 7/14/02 by WIC_rules]
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Thank you for the approval WIC!

I'm happy that our work is being appreciated. Mr GreatIndia will be this close to the ban button very soon unless he turns off Caps Lock.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Wrecker,
    Welcome buddy, i am here thanks to u, got ur message on Sports.com, this seems to be a cool side.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Likewise, may I offer my sincere best wishes to all Cricket Webbers (and a big hello too to a few sports.commers who have come along for the ride).
    If you think I rabbit on about Corky a little too much (who, me?), just give me a yellow card now and again.

Congratulations to Great India (the team) on a splendid showing yesterday.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Welcome guys - hope you enjoy the site! Always good to see some fresh faces around the place.

Just watch what your are doing though to everyone as a general warning, we are pretty lenient in the way we go about things, keep it peaceful and it will make all things more enjoyable for users.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    welcome mate , glad you are very welcome

you are right about the other ppl .... post away ..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yep. Anything to be said has been said by the rest. We are pretty liberal and in general the only sort of stuff we frown upon is any form of abuse be it racial, sexual or anything else resembling abuse. You WILL be shown the door if what you do constitutes abuse of someone.

Other than that, it's open slather. Also, we're all pretty thick-skinned so it has to be pretty bad abuse for us to ban you.

Anyway, have fun, but allow others to do so as well.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

lets all be sensible about patriotism too.
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

U19 Cricketer

Yawn!

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Hello Wrecker,
    I guess lots of sports.com ex-member have joined this site, nice to have them over here. Some have joined another site VTCB, efforts are being made to locate u buddy Perfect-Mo , till late we haven't suceeded!
    Good thing about this site is that no one can abuse other & get away with it, GI seems to be behaving, nice to see that.

Cricket Spectator
    Welcome Yorker , Cozmic , Eddie , Warrior ( still sleeping ??? ) and the rest of the ex- sports.com crew to our new hangout !

Yeah , missing my soulmate the rat already . Just not fun without his anti-India rants ! I cant seem to get around this VTCB site. Can u help ? Tried to influence Roy , Wazza , Flying , Coon too but dunno why they've stayed away ! Sucks that i dont even have their emails ! Anyway , there are a lot of smartypants around here . Looking forward to having a whale of a time

Hope its the same for of u too !

Welcome all new members!
    -----------------My Signature-----------------

Running a book here - how long before any of our old friends get banned - and who will be the first.
    I think that we ought to act as though we are guests here. Shout, whistle, blow horns but don't invade the pitch and pinch the stumps.

Did anyone hear that Lords actually banned trumpets and horns from the final?

I had not heard that. I donít like the idea of cracking down on stuff like that.

They would be damn annoying if sitting close though :P

People used to say the same sort of thing in the 1970's and 1980's when Viv and Clive were 'sloggin de bowlin'.

It just wasn't cricket, all these fuzzywuzzys rattling Red Stripe cans and the like. A member just couldn't get to sleep.

Many aspects of cricket have moved with the times. Good grief, they are even re-developing Derbyshire's ground (Believe me, it needed it. A late April morning at The Racecourse required an electric blanket, whisky, pies and an occasional visit from Satan just to keep the frostbite at bay).

ODI's are for the fans now. There's even talk of a 20-over a side experiment over here - fast, furious and it promises to be exciting. The rise of indoor cricket has probably done as much as anything to pave the way for this.

Another thank you to the Indian fans here. Not a semblance of a pitch invasion after the game. When Ganguly strolled out to the middle to shake the hand of the groundsman (a lovely touch) there were even a couple of stumps still in the ground - and that was 10 minutes after the game had finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information