• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello to existing Cricketweb members ;)

WIC_rules

Cricket Spectator
If the guys at cricketweb are wondering how come there is a sudden influx of 'waterboys' in this particular chat room , well here's the reason : there used to be a cricket chat at Sports.com which has now been shut down coz of financial constraints . I used to be a frequent contibutor there and i was searching for a new place to hangout. I came across this site after doing a google search and i believe this site is much better than the one we had at Sports.com. The interface is very neat and the more heartening fact is the presence of moderators. This means some guys cant get away with murder . I recommended this site to some of the members at Sports.com . But the sad part is most of the sensible guys have stayed away and some morons have joined instead. Guys like GreatIndia usually type in caps and talk sheer crap ! Cozmic coyote , Vande Mataram ,Aja Agarkar are a tad too overpatriotic . Yorker is fine . For a pakistani , he can talk sense .

U wont recieve any trouble from me guaranteed. Cricket is all i wanna talk and share about ! I'm very glad that this site has efficient moderators and no sort of irresponsible behaviour will be tolerated. This never happenned at Sports.com

Cheers to u guys ! 8D

[Edited on 7/14/02 by WIC_rules]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Thank you for the approval WIC!

I'm happy that our work is being appreciated. Mr GreatIndia will be this close to the ban button very soon unless he turns off Caps Lock.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Likewise, may I offer my sincere best wishes to all Cricket Webbers (and a big hello too to a few sports.commers who have come along for the ride).
If you think I rabbit on about Corky a little too much (who, me?), just give me a yellow card now and again.

Congratulations to Great India (the team) on a splendid showing yesterday.

Andre

International Regular
Welcome guys - hope you enjoy the site! Always good to see some fresh faces around the place.

Just watch what your are doing though to everyone as a general warning, we are pretty lenient in the way we go about things, keep it peaceful and it will make all things more enjoyable for users.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. Anything to be said has been said by the rest. We are pretty liberal and in general the only sort of stuff we frown upon is any form of abuse be it racial, ***ual or anything else resembling abuse. You WILL be shown the door if what you do constitutes abuse of someone.

Other than that, it's open slather. Also, we're all pretty thick-skinned so it has to be pretty bad abuse for us to ban you.

Anyway, have fun, but allow others to do so as well. :D

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hello Wrecker,
I guess lots of sports.com ex-member have joined this site, nice to have them over here. Some have joined another site VTCB, efforts are being made to locate u buddy Perfect-Mo ;), till late we haven't suceeded!
Good thing about this site is that no one can abuse other & get away with it, GI seems to be behaving, nice to see that.

WIC_rules

Cricket Spectator
Welcome Yorker , Cozmic , Eddie , Warrior ( still sleeping ??? ) and the rest of the ex- sports.com crew to our new hangout !

Yeah , missing my soulmate the rat already . Just not fun without his anti-India rants ! I cant seem to get around this VTCB site. Can u help ? Tried to influence Roy , Wazza , Flying , Coon too but dunno why they've stayed away ! Sucks that i dont even have their emails ! Anyway , there are a lot of smartypants around here . Looking forward to having a whale of a time

Hope its the same for of u too !

;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Running a book here - how long before any of our old friends get banned - and who will be the first.
I think that we ought to act as though we are guests here. Shout, whistle, blow horns but don't invade the pitch and pinch the stumps.

Did anyone hear that Lords actually banned trumpets and horns from the final?

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I had not heard that. I don’t like the idea of cracking down on stuff like that.

They would be damn annoying if sitting close though :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
People used to say the same sort of thing in the 1970's and 1980's when Viv and Clive were 'sloggin de bowlin'.

It just wasn't cricket, all these fuzzywuzzys rattling Red Stripe cans and the like. A member just couldn't get to sleep.

Many aspects of cricket have moved with the times. Good grief, they are even re-developing Derbyshire's ground (Believe me, it needed it. A late April morning at The Racecourse required an electric blanket, whisky, pies and an occasional visit from Satan just to keep the frostbite at bay).

ODI's are for the fans now. There's even talk of a 20-over a side experiment over here - fast, furious and it promises to be exciting. The rise of indoor cricket has probably done as much as anything to pave the way for this.

Another thank you to the Indian fans here. Not a semblance of a pitch invasion after the game. When Ganguly strolled out to the middle to shake the hand of the groundsman (a lovely touch) there were even a couple of stumps still in the ground - and that was 10 minutes after the game had finished.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's all be sensible about patriotism too.
And no shouting (i.e. Capitals) either... Other than that, as said before, it's pretty much open forum.

There's even talk of a 20-over a side experiment over here - fast, furious and it promises to be exciting.
This is definitely happening from 2003 onwards.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, Neil, if you misconstrued the 'f' word I used in the previous mail. What I was doing was identifying a major problem which manifested it in English cricket club memberships during the 1960's - some would say to this day, but the situation is improving rapidly.
The next time you see a telecast from Lords and the camera focuses on the members' enclosure, try to spot a non-white female face.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Erm, not sure how you got the idea I'd misconstrued that as anything other than exactly what you meant.

"The Old Boys' Club" in other words.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
One of the fundamental problems with political correctness is that one can write or say something in all innocence, for no-one to take offence because they all get the point, and then the author (me) feel guilty 'just in case someone did take offence'.
Methinks I had better go and lie down (on Freud's couch).

[Edited on 7/15/02 by luckyeddie]

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Methinks I had better go and lie down (on Freud's couch).
Don't bother, unless you think it's related to your ***ual tendencies towards your father. :D Freud was a pervert, in my opinion. :)