• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulker is a big choker!.

alexkumar

Banned
Hi ,

I know all this tendulker bandwagoners gets angry but when tendulker really won the game in Big occasion or big match?.

Never.

Tendulker chokes when india needs him badly. Tendulker may be great technician but his mental strength is below average.

That being said , i do think India needs to re-arrange the batting ORDER.
Kaif should be promoted to 3. He can't make big shot but he can raise run rate with singles , remind me of Azaruddin.

Sehwag
Tendulker
Kaif
Dravid
Yuwaraj
Ganguly
Laxman (if he sucks in this position, keep him only in TEST matches).
Balaji
Pathan
kumble
Zakir Khan

That is best Order for stability and make High run rate.

You can respond now. I still think Tendulker is a big choker.

later

Sudeep

International Captain
Been there, done that. :D Fun stealing Neil's line, especially when he's not here.

Welcome to the forum Alex, but I'm afraid this thread is going to get locked as soon as it's noticed by a moderator.

We've had enough threads on - Tendulkar being a choker, Tendulkar vs. Lara, Warne vs. Murali, Murali being a chucker etc. All these threads head to only one direction - abuse.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, I know you weren't here back then, but search through forum archives to find those threads, they have hundreds and hundreds of replies to them. Their good reads so I suggest you browse through those.

Yeah, we've talked about it TOO MUCH, so Im sick of this topic.

Thread to be locked in 5....4....3......

alexkumar

Banned
WHy it is abuse?

It is just simple fact.

If he scored Hundred in last World Cup , no one can argue.

Unfortunately he has n't played well when india needed.

No one doubting his enormous talent as a batsman, he is not mentally strong when chips are down.

The closest Indian Batsman to JAVED MIANDAD is KAPIL DEV when chip are down.

Now , DRAVID is the saviour of INDIAN CRICKET.

Tendulker is a just a trophy wife for Indian cricket fans, That is it.

He has n't delivered BIG PRIZE. Atleast not yet.

You can respond without curses.

later

Sudeep

International Captain
alexkumar said:
WHy it is abuse?

It is just simple fact.

If he scored Hundred in last World Cup , no one can argue.

Unfortunately he has n't played well when india needed.

No one doubting his enormous talent as a batsman, he is not mentally strong when chips are down.

The closest Indian Batsman to JAVED MIANDAD is KAPIL DEV when chip are down.

Now , DRAVID is the saviour of INDIAN CRICKET.

Tendulker is a just a trophy wife for Indian cricket fans, That is it.

He has n't delivered BIG PRIZE. Atleast not yet.

You can respond without curses.

later

I meant abusing between the forum members.

As Sangrah said, either this thread's going to get locked, or there'll be a minimum participation, because to be honest most of us here are all sick of it.

Anyway, again, welcome to the forums.

alexkumar

Banned
You are sick of it because you are SACHIN FAN.

I do like sachin but he is not Best Batsman when india needed him.

I know , i know , it is like beating up dead snake , everyone knows it.

So we all accept Sachin is a choker.

later

Sudeep

International Captain
alexkumar said:

later
Nope, everyone's sick of it because a thread like this becomes nothing but a flaming war.

I've no problem with people thinking Sachin is a choker.

But for me, Tendulkar=God.

Anyway, I'm not sure this thread's going to last long.

Later...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
sorry mate, you dont get to Tendulka rs amazing status by being mentally unable. even being an aussie i can admit to his brilliance.

and with the selection of your indian team theres some major things wrong there (and im not just talking about the spelling :p :p ). do your research before you post.

Sudeep

International Captain
I know this post is going to get locked.

But here's a major fact that those who criticize Tendulkar fail to understand:

Tendulkar is accused of not performing when India needs him in a pressure situation? But what about the pressure situations when India has had to set a target, and Tendulkar has delivered like no one else has. I was going through his stats, he's been awesome in the 3rd innings of a Test, when India needed to set up a target, especially when a couple of early wickets had fallen.

Tendulkar has delivered in all situations IMO, whether it's getting the team off to a good start in a Test, overtake a lead, set a target etc. Just because he has failed on a few occasions, when mind you others have failed too, it's completely stupid to criticize who is undoubtedly (IMO) the best batsman in the world.

Dravid has been great for India in the past few years, but he's had support form other members of the team. It's wasn't the same when Tendulkar was left to do a job almost single-handedly.

That's my opinion, and the sooner this gets locked, the better.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
So he's come to the conculsion that Tendulkar is a choker since he didn't score runs against the UAE?? Friend, if your major player fails against a minnow and your team cannot pick up after you, you don't deserve to be playing cricket. 13 000 ODI runs and 9 500 Test runs as well as a few wickets and you call the guy a choker. Some people can't be pleased.

biased indian

International Coach
alexkumar said:

later
:thumbdown :yawn: :disgust: :crazy: :ranting: :no:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
we;ve been through this..

be grateful for when he was there.. all those record amount of runs dont come by not participating in the team..

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar is the best player in last few decades (in my opinion ever), and to say he is a choker is a complete joke !!!
Highest scorer in WC 96 and WC03 is not a fluke. And I think Alex said above he didnt get centuries in WC03. Well he did get 1 against Namibia, but more imp were 98 vs Pak, 97 vs SL, and 50's against Eng and in Semi. Well if u say he choke in thea tournament, then u do not know anything abt cricket.

As for the final, he did not choke dammit !!!! The targe was impossible, and he had to go for his shots, in order to shift pressure. His bad luck he got out too soon, else Ind might still hv made a chase of it...

To support that I'll tk ur attention to Dhaka Final in 98 against Pak. Sachin got 40 odd off 25 odd balls to set up the 316 run chase in 47 overs.. Tru Ganguly and Robin did more work, but without that assault it would hv been impossible.