• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC '03...The world will be at Ganguly's feet!

THe Natwest tournament was just the dress rehersal for the actual WC, the similarities will be??
The wining team and the Captain.Yeah baby, Captain grace Ganguly is gonna be the only onbe that will be smiling :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Am I the only one that finds Ganguly one of the most boring batsmen(especially in tests)?

This post is about onedayers not tests!

Most boring must be Hussain, lousy batter, as his dad said had he been available for India, he wouldn't have evr made it to the national team.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
THe Natwest tournament was just the dress rehersal for the actual WC, the similarities will be??
The wining team and the Captain.Yeah baby, Captain grace Ganguly is gonna be the only onbe that will be smiling
Mate u might wanna rephrase that we won the Natwest , arent u forgetting India lost like 7 others ?

I know this is a rejuvinated indian team blah blah .... but if u dont realize there are nations like Pakistan , N.Z , Australia , South Africa , England , Sri Lanka and the west Indies after the wlcup :P
( i trust the underdogs will do well too )

I wish them good luck , but winning this doesnt mean India is a world champion.... its still Australia , thats hard to say being a kiwi :P:D

Who said that Aussies aren't the champs?? Even if they loses all the matches till the next WC they willstill be the champs untill then!

WE are talking about tyhe next WC.Aus aren't gonna make it in my opinion, NZ??? They are an overrated team, u can forget them really.

India is way better than other teams u mentioned, only SA have the edge over us, but like i said SA won't make it coz of ho,me pressure!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The wining team and the Captain.Yeah baby, Captain grace Ganguly is gonna be the only onbe that will be smiling :)
Dress Rehearsal? Yeah, OK. Only missing seven Test Nations. Drawing anything from that tournament is both deluded and foolish. It's merely an indicator to how things are progressing. And is full of positives for both India and England but in no way makes them favourites for the WC.

[Edited on 7/14/02 by Neil Pickup]

INDIA DO HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING IT.AUS WILL BE FAV'S AS USUAL, SA TOO WILL BE TIPPED AS FAV'S.HOWEVER THE HOME FCTOR WILL GO AGAINST SA, WHILE IF AUS DO MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GOING IN WITHOUT WAUGH THEN THEY MIGHT LOSE THE RACE HALF WAY THROUGH!!

I DO THINK ENG CAN IMPROVE, ESPECIALLY WITH THE RETURN OF CADDICK THEIR BOWLING WILL GET A BOAST.HOPEFULLY THEY WILL MAKE IT TO THE SUPERSIX, PAKIS HAVE A FLUKY TEAM , THEY SHOULDN'T GO BEYOUND THE FIRST ROUND REALLY.

"And is full of positives for both India and England but in no way makes them favourites for the WC."

What was so positive about the English team's performance?? Letting India off the hook at 145-5 ?? Not many team would have lost the match after being in such a commanding position!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
okay all i can say is stop the argument

we shall wait and see at Icc in Srilanka and Wc'03 then things will be proved for itself.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
too much hype already. lets wait until our team shows some consistency. there is a long way to go and plus our bowling needs to get way better :(!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yup i agree with you

especailly on the bowling part , India seems pretty good in that field , but then never show constitency ( might have spelt that wrong )

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This would have to be one of the worst threads I've ever read. Ok..i'll calm myself down and say:

"Don't peak before the actual event and using tarot cards is not allowed"

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
hmm im not sure he can make that big a difference im sure he has a lot of wickets under his name and hes got a great lot of experience but he is not a guy that is consistent