• Gibbs

0 0%
  • other

5 11.36%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sehwag going for 200

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks

sehwag going for 200

Sehwag has said he is going to give it a go going for a double century vs UAE in the up coming Asia Cup.

Do you think he will do it, or do you thinkthat someone else will get to this figure before sehwag, someone like Gilchrist, or Gayle, or Lara, or Gibbs etc
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

If Sehwag bats well enough and the UAE bowls badly enough, he should get it.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I've gone for Hayden.

It has to be an opener really, and Hayden has shown he doesn't get tired by plaing longer attacking knocks.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

i personally would think it a shame if someone gets it vs a team which is barely of international standard

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Gilchrist
    WINNER OF Espn-Star Sports SUPERSELECTOR Jan '04 (VB Series)!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Bashar against Hong Kong on Friday.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

If anyone has a chance of scoring 200 runs in ODIs, it's going to be Hayden IMO, he has a solid technique, he is strong, confident and very attacking. Unlike Sehwag he doesn't give too many chances while batting.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i personally would think it a shame if someone gets it vs a team which is barely of international standard
    Are you talking about Ban and Zim (who are barely international standard) or the UAE and HK (who are barely club cricket standard) ?

State 12th Man
    Flintoff (a current #5) is an option in this poll, yet Astle or Fleming weren't!

NZ's in-form skipper has a game against the USA coming up, while Astle is the only player to get anywhere near scoring a test 200 in a number of balls comparable to an OD innings I believe.

If we bat first on a small ground, and the Americans are as juicy as Caddick, Hoggard and Flintoff were, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Are you talking about Ban and Zim (who are barely international standard) or the UAE and HK (who are barely club cricket standard) ?
    erm yes...actually i mean vs teams barely of club cricket standard

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    I also think it'll have to be an opener or at least a #3. But otherwise I suppose any of the openers for the stronger test nations would be capable of doing it on a good day. It just has to be their day.

EDIT: And come on, of course it's going to happen against a side like UAE. I know some of the top teams in the world aren't fantastic, but I can't even see Zimbabwe allowing for a 200 to be scored against them. It would take a truely once-in-a-century kind of effort to pull off in an ODI against a decent test playing side.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Kent
    Flintoff (a current #5) is an option in this poll, yet Astle or Fleming weren't!

NZ's in-form skipper has a game against the USA coming up, while Astle is the only player to get anywhere near scoring a test 200 in a number of balls comparable to an OD innings I believe.

If we bat first on a small ground, and the Americans are as juicy as Caddick, Hoggard and Flintoff were, who knows?
    I put Flintoff in there just coz he popped into my head,doesnt mean I think he has a better chance than other players..however I dont think him coming in at number 5 would exclude him from possibly getting to 200..but it wouldnt surprise me if in some game soon-ish we actually see him coming in higher than 5.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    is UAE worse or Hong Kong?
    Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
    George Carlin

Proud Member of the LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB

EDIT: And come on, of course it's going to happen against a side like UAE. I know some of the top teams in the world aren't fantastic, but I can't even see Zimbabwe allowing for a 200 to be scored against them. It would take a truely once-in-a-century kind of effort to pull off in an ODI against a decent test playing side.
    i dont think that is a sure thing...of the scores in ODI which have come pretty close to 200,most of them are vs fully fledged,and in a lot of them, strong teams.

And the way Ponting was batting in the World Cup final,maybe if he had batted for say 8 or 9 more overs, he may well have broken the 200 barrier.

For me, I think Gilchrist is in the best position to do it, that game vs USA in a couple of months looks pretty ripe for it

PY
    Or more likely that all of England's top order will collapse and Freddie will be in after 3-4 overs anyway.

UAE I think are a fair way better than Hong Kong but I'm not really certain of this fact.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information