• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sehwag going for 200

First man to 200 in ODI

• Sehwag

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Gilchrist

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Ponting

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hayden

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Gayle

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Lara

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
No, he was quite clearly talking about the upcoming Aussie series, isn't it obvious from when he was speaking?
yea sorry, im such a fool

shankar

International Debutant
Which of the following is more likely?

Scenario 1:

Sehwag on his own without being asked anything about a 200 says: I can get a 200 in this Asia cup seeing as India are playing UAE.

Scenario 2:

Reporter : Sehwag, are you capable of scoring a one-day double hundred?

Sehwag: Yes, IF I bat for the full 50 overs. In fact a lot of batsmen can make a double hundred if they bat the full 50 overs.

Reporter: Do you think you'll score it against a weaker side? (obviously referring to UAE)

Sehwag: No opposition could be taken lightly. It just takes 1 ball to dismiss a batsman.

Reporter goes back. Next day's headline: Sehwag warns UAE: 1st ODI 200

(Note that these are the actual quotes of Sehwag)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, because coming in at 6 behind the Aussie top order he'll get plenty of chances to score 200 runs won't he? 8-)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Realistically you think it would be Gilchrist or Ponting although Gilly's best days are probably behind him. Gayle has a slim chance as does someone like Vincent, Dhoni or Jayasuriya. I just can't see Sehwag doing it, nor can I see Flintoff. If Pietersen comes in early then why the hell not. My money would still be on Ponting although you could probably get some nice odds for Mohammad Ashraful.

Best counter for that highest score argument? Jason Gillespie's a better batsman than Steve Waugh :no: