• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sehwag going for 200

First man to 200 in ODI

• Sehwag

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Gilchrist

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Ponting

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hayden

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Gayle

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Lara

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

masterblaster

International Captain
To me, Jayasuriya is not even half of what he was in his prime. I dont rate him that much nowadays. He has failed to deliver for Sri Lanka time and time again, I just see him resting on his past reputation.

Although he may prove me wrong...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Jayasuriya has at least one more big innings left in him.

Some stats:

Last 2 years...

1923 ODI runs @ 35.61
5x100
7x50
6x0

...including a run of 122 v Aus, 106 v Eng, (6 v Aus,) 99 v Eng, 120 v NZ, 55* v Ban

Career...

9288 ODI runs @ 31.59
16x100
55x50
25x0

Last 2 years in Tests...

1289 runs @ 47.74
3x100
7x50
1x0

Career...

5816 runs @ 41.84
12x100
28x50
14x0

Looks good, but then again, he's had Test scores of 145 and 85 v Bangladesh and 157 v Zimbabwe in that time.

Overall I'd tend to agree with you, but you can never write Jayasuriya off.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
From that list, probably Sehwag and Hayden. Gilchrist probably lost his chance when he got out for 172. Ponting as captain will probably not go berserk early enough to get 200. Flintoff probably bats too low.

That said, I'd hate to see Saeed's 194 beaten by an innings against opposition such as UAE, HK, Kenya, Namibia, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GANGULY DROPPED!! Bugger, i feel that will be all the chances the arabs get...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Adamc said:
:lol: After all that, Sehwag is runout for ZERO.
Eh, eh, eh...
Rather wish he could have made 40 or so, though.
Always irritating when top-class batsmen waste opportunities to cash-in on these excuse-games.

biased indian

International Coach
ReallyCrazy said:
ROFLMAO!!
Sehwag must be wishing he never said anything
he has never said that he is going to score 200 in this match this is what he said

"If I stay at the crease for 50 overs, I can score a double-century," said Sehwag
"In fact, a lot of batsmen can do it provided they bat full 50 overs," he added.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So it was just coincidence that he said it before probably the weakest opposition he'll face ever?

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
So it was just coincidence that he said it before probably the weakest opposition he'll face ever?
if he bats 50 overs aganist any opp in sub continent he will have the best chance of scoring a 200.if its a week team then may be their feilding standerds might be little less that could be of a help.other wise i dont feel he will have any trouble aganist any bowlers if he bat 50 overs.

Swervy

International Captain
biased indian said:
if he bats 50 overs aganist any opp in sub continent he will have the best chance of scoring a 200.if its a week team then may be their feilding standerds might be little less that could be of a help.other wise i dont feel he will have any trouble aganist any bowlers if he bat 50 overs.
the implication was that he thought he could score 200 vs UAE.

of course the real challenge was that he bats for one over let alone 50 overs...

i found it all quite funny