• Gibbs

0 0%
  • other

5 11.36%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sehwag going for 200

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    however I dont think him coming in at number 5 would exclude him from possibly getting to 200..

Because numbers 1, 2 and 3 for England only tend to last about 5 overs!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    but I can't even see Zimbabwe allowing for a 200 to be scored against them.
    it almost happened this year, that too against the full zim team. if only gilchrist had a bit of patience........

Hayden or Gilchrist. More likely the latter.

Sehwag doesn't have the temperament to last that much.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gayle. He has the ability to bat through 50 overs, as he has demonstrated many times over. All he has to do is increase his scoring rate a little.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Tendulkar could do it, he's a dynamo when it comes to ODI Cricket and Im surprised nobody has mentioned him.

His new style of play has improved his temprement and technique as he has proved he has aggression as well as the technique to make a 200.

His highest score is 186 v New Zealand, im sure if he doesnt get rested for the UAE match, he can make the 200.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    Tendulkar could do it, he's a dynamo when it comes to ODI Cricket and Im surprised nobody has mentioned him.

His new style of play has improved his temprement and technique as he has proved he has aggression as well as the technique to make a 200.

His highest score is 186 v New Zealand, im sure if he doesnt get rested for the UAE match, he can make the 200.
    His new style has seen him lower his aggresion alot as well.

He's not really a dynamo any more and I would be hugely supprised if he did make 200 at this stage in his carear.

Players do change and personaly I dont think Tendulkar is even capable of hitting out the way he used to. Infact I think he batted out 50 overs against one of the minow sides in the WC and only made 150 odd despite batting against very poor bowlers & on a good flat pitch.

Dont take offense to this thats just the way I see it..
    Last edited by Eclipse; 13-07-2004 at 02:33 AM.

International Debutant
    Being an Aussie I will say Ponting or Gilchrist.

Gilly because he scores faster than any other good batsman in the world. And Ponting because he is a quality player who can probably score more runs in the last 10 overs than most other top order players.

However It will proably be somone we dont expect.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Hayden for mine, he can bat at a fast rate for 50 overs, against a team that bowls 20 overs of spinners he could do it on his day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse

He's not really a dynamo any more and I would be hugely supprised if he did make 200 at this stage in his carear.

Players do change and personaly I dont think Tendulkar is even capable of hitting out the way he used to. Infact I think he batted out 50 overs against one of the minow sides in the WC and only made 150 odd despite batting against very poor bowlers & on a good flat pitch.

That is because Sehwag has come in and scores at such a rate and has taken it off SRT's shoulders and it allows him to not score as quick.

Rest assured if you need 83 runs off 60 balls, I would most definatly want him there (SRT).

Back to the question, I back Virender Sehwag. He would either do it v Hong Kong or the UAE.

If he gets set and at rapid rate, it is entertainment for all (maybe not the fielding side).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Back to the question, I back Virender Sehwag. He would either do it v Hong Kong
    That, assuming Hong Kong defeats Bangladesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    ....or the UAE
    Well so, India vs UAE (and probably Ind vs Ban) is the only match where Sehwag does stand that minute chance of scoring a double. And if India were to bat second, then there goes Sehwag's double century out the window.

So basically, his chances of actually getting that double ton in this series are next to nothing.
    WINNER OF Espn-Star Sports SUPERSELECTOR Jan '04 (VB Series)!

Hexxagon Champion!

You're confusing his test batting with ODI's .He hasnt gotten any slower in ODI's.....Only that he plays less risky shots now , but his SR hasnt dropped a bit in ODI's .
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    You're confusing his test batting with ODI's .He hasnt gotten any slower in ODI's.....Only that he plays less risky shots now , but his SR hasnt dropped a bit in ODI's .
    His strike rate remains about 80 - 90 and while he does not score much slower than that he rarely scores a great deal faster. He is not explosive like he used to be and you need that to make 200.

This year at the SCG India were chasing 350+ and he made like 15 off 35 balls or something. The Tendulkar I knew from 4-5 years ago would never have done that.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    There are so many farcical ODIs coming-up it's not remotely OOTQ for the 200 mark to be reached.
    But I really do hope not.
    It was bad enough Kirsten scoring 19whatever-it-was* against UAE in 1996.
    Anwar's masterclass of 1997 does not deserve to be usurped by something in a game not worthy of ODI status.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

His strike rate remains about 80 - 90 and while he does not score much slower than that he rarely scores a great deal faster. He is not explosive like he used to be and you need that to make 200.

This year at the SCG India were chasing 350+ and he made like 15 off 35 balls or something. The Tendulkar I knew from 4-5 years ago would never have done that.
    I totally agree with you eclipse. Sachin is not what he used to be and I don't think he is capable of what he used to do as second nature, ie, take bowling attacks apart. He rarely even hits sixes anymore and he used to be such a good six hitter at one time. His SR is around 85 now...it used to be around 89 4 yrs ago.

I think either sehwag or ponting will get to 200 first.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There are so many farcical ODIs coming-up it's not remotely OOTQ for the 200 mark to be reached.
    But I really do hope not.
    It was bad enough Kirsten scoring 19whatever-it-was* against UAE in 1996.
    Anwar's masterclass of 1997 does not deserve to be usurped by something in a game not worthy of ODI status.
    entirely agree
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information