• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2005 ticket farce

Scotts girl

Cricket Spectator
I've just recieved a booking form for the Australian's fixture at my local ground Durham.

I only want to see the Australian match not the Bangladesh Test. However I can only get an Australian ticket if I buy one for the Bangladesh Test - cost £50. If I want an Australian ticket any remaining tickets will be put on sale early next year.

I object to this. It's only to make sure there are people at the Bangladesh Test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although it's not the fairest thing, I can see why they're doing it, makes commercial sense.

And what's wrong with watching Bangladesh anyway?

Even though my closest Test grounds are (in order) Edgbaston, Trent Bridge, Lords, The Oval, Old Trafford, I only ever get to Old Trafford.

The ODI there next year is Australia Bangladesh, but I still intend on going.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But it is a limiting factor - I just would use some of me designated Cricket cash for the year on it.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Even though my closest Test grounds are (in order) Edgbaston, Trent Bridge, Lords, The Oval, Old Trafford, I only ever get to Old Trafford.
This makes no sense. Why do you only go to the one furthest from you.. :huh:
Be thankful everything is so close! In Perth you have to cross a desert to get to another International venue!! :D

Craig

World Traveller
Scotts girl said:
I've just recieved a booking form for the Australian's fixture at my local ground Durham.

I only want to see the Australian match not the Bangladesh Test. However I can only get an Australian ticket if I buy one for the Bangladesh Test - cost £50. If I want an Australian ticket any remaining tickets will be put on sale early next year.

I object to this. It's only to make sure there are people at the Bangladesh Test.
£50 to get into watch a Test? Where are you sitting?

Is this just for one day or for all five (like a discount deal)?

If it is for one day it is a rip-off especially for a non mainstream Test ground (ie Lords, Trent Bridge, The Oval etc.).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Linda said:
This makes no sense. Why do you only go to the one furthest from you.. :huh:
My best mate lives about a mile from Old Trafford, can walk there and back and thus enjoy a drink or 12.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
If it is for one day it is a rip-off especially for a non mainstream Test ground (ie Lords, Trent Bridge, The Oval etc.).

Durham is a mainstream ground I'd say, and it's not £50 for 1 day's play!

Craig

World Traveller
So hosting one Test makes it mainstream?

And how many days does the £50 cover for?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The initial post says it's £50 cost, suggests that's 2 games.

And the fact it has at least one game a year (and is being given them going forward) suggests to me it's mainstream.

matskg

Cricket Spectator
Scotts girl is right

I have also noticed that it’s necessary to buy tickets for the Bangladesh game. This is perhaps a bigger problem for me and my mates, as we are travelling over from Sweden to watch the game against the aussies. We will have to buy the whole package, costing £65. And of course, we will not be able to fly over twice to Newcastle. But for the club I can see it makes sence

We were in Manchester for the ODI against New Zeeland, a bit of a dissapointment as it all rained off. But we still enjoyed England, nice beer and friendly people :)

Last edited: