• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I went to Lords and...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interestingly enough, Im pretty sure my avatar is Allan Donald at Lord's after he was given a bollocking for flying the SA flag from their dressing room after he and Craig Matthews fired out the English in 1993(?)..

Shame really, I think only Nelson Mandela or Steve Tshwete was up there, and they let the brand new flag of South Africa (not the old Apartheid flag) get its first airing in England, only for some steward to rush upstairs and give them the telling off...

Well done Lords, character and charm indeed :thumbsup:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swiftly followed by Devon's finest hour (and I don't mean Neil moving to Exeter Uni, which was Devon's darkest hour)

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Swiftly followed by Devon's finest hour (and I don't mean Neil moving to Exeter Uni, which was Devon's darkest hour)
The effects are rife all over the South West :(

Sounds like a hell of a series (94).. I only remember 98 which was as good.. And 2003 was pretty awesome as well!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England-South Africa Test-series have been the highlight of international cricket since the post-Apartheid return.
Mainly because they've been one of the few series to regularly keep five-match status.
And it is very sad indeed that Donald was pounced upon in 1994 as such... but not surprised to find-out the date, he looks pretty young there.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
England-South Africa Test-series have been the highlight of international cricket since the post-Apartheid return.
Mainly because they've been one of the few series to regularly keep five-match status.
And it is very sad indeed that Donald was pounced upon in 1994 as such... but not surprised to find-out the date, he looks pretty young there.
Yeah pretty sure that was him then.. Got another one of him, Matthews, McMillan and De Villiers with stumps after the victory.. Now there are some entertainers that I didnt get to see a lot of :(

Home series against South Africa are what the Ashes should really be like... The highlight of my cricketing calendar...