• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th and 5th to reach 10,000

biased indian

International Coach
Lara is all set to be the fourth player in the history of the game to reach 10,000 run mark.he will be the one to reach their the fastest any away u look at it.
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
i think he will do it in the 2 second test.as he needs only 170 more runs

BC Lara -- 108 189 6 9830 400* 53.71 26 44

tendulkar is all set to reach 10,000 this year as india will be playing 6 test this year. as he need 530 more runs two centureis and some good performance will be good enough
:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

SR Tendulkar -- 114 184 19 9470 241* 57.39 33 37

and on a similar note Neil will be the third to reach 10,000 in CW at the current rate :ph34r:

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
The above is pretty much obvious.

But, who'll be the sixth one to reach the milestone?

The next in line, as per current positions, is Inzamam-ul-Haq with 6,899 runs, though he's just marginally ahead of Rahul Dravid with 6,855.

Dravid's only competitor can be Ricky Ponting, who's 6th among the current highest run-getters, with 6,019. Depends largely who gets to play more cricket, or who has one bad season.

Graham Thorpe is fifth on the list, but he's at the twilight of his career, age wise.

I reckon Inzamam has only 2-3 years of cricket left in him, which would take him to maybe 9000, but not more. So, it's largely between Dravid and Ponting only.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Sudeep said:
The above is pretty much obvious.

But, who'll be the sixth one to reach the milestone?

The next in line, as per current positions, is Inzamam-ul-Haq with 6,899 runs, though he's just marginally ahead of Rahul Dravid with 6,855.

Dravid's only competitor can be Ricky Ponting, who's 6th among the current highest run-getters, with 6,019.
Hoping that every one more or less will keep their form i think Dravid could be the 6th.Inzamam might not reach thier as he is already 34.and who ever reaches their will have to wait nearly three more years

Revelation

U19 Debutant
i think it'll be Dravid; or Hayden if he sticks around. he already has 5000 (or just under) and another 40 Tests will see him reach it. He's been in phenomenal nick.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Will Haydos be around for another 40 tests? He is turning 33 this October.

Craig

World Traveller
With the form Hayden has been/is in, he will probably go around to 2007 or at 2006.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lara deserves it.. hes been a hard campaigner for ages.. im pretty sure with his current form he will get there.. i doubt we would get any coverage of the test series here in new zealand sadly though..

Revelation

U19 Debutant
I think the Aussie selectors more than anything else will have to decide Hayden's fate. Don't be surprised if they pull a Bevan on him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The difference with Hayden and Bevan is that Bevan was not on top of his game. Currently Hayden is in his prime and the Australian selectors won't be sacking him anytime soon as I don't see him slowing anytime soon.

Craig

World Traveller
Revelation said:
I think the Aussie selectors more than anything else will have to decide Hayden's fate. Don't be surprised if they pull a Bevan on him.
Matt Hayden's spot in the Australian team is about as secure as Brian Lara's spot in the WI team.

Or as secure as Sir Alex Ferguson's job at Manchester United (in that he will never be fired).

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Matt Hayden's spot in the Australian team is about as secure as Brian Lara's spot in the WI team.

Or as secure as Sir Alex Ferguson's job at Manchester United (in that he will never be fired).
Totally agree. He might retire from ODI's but he could bat in tests till he is 40. :D

Ponting is about 1000 runs ahead atm. It would be tough to reel him in. He is my tip to be 6th to 10 000.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mavric41 said:
Totally agree. He might retire from ODI's but he could bat in tests till he is 40. :D

Ponting is about 1000 runs ahead atm. It would be tough to reel him in. He is my tip to be 6th to 10 000.
It is not beyond Hayden to play beyond 40. He is a fit player and is getting better with age. However, whether he will or not is another matter. I can see him going until 2007, maybe a bit longer in tests. Dravid is my pick for the 4th player. Ponting could overhaul Inzamum.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Lara-9830 (189 inn)
Tendulkar-9470 (184 inn)
Inzamam-6899 (155 inn)
Dravid-6855 (134 inn)
Thorpe-6063 (162 inn)
Ponting-6019 (125 inn)
Kallis-5840 (129 inn)
Jayasuria-5781 (150 inn)
Fleming-5335 (148 inn)
Hayden-4995 (95 inn)

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
It is not beyond Hayden to play beyond 40. He is a fit player and is getting better with age. However, whether he will or not is another matter. I can see him going until 2007, maybe a bit longer in tests. Dravid is my pick for the 4th player. Ponting could overhaul Inzamum.
Forgot about Dravid. I agree. He should be next in line.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
My guess is it is either Ponting or Dravid. I dont think Hayden will last that long.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whatever anyone gets, Tendulkar and in all likelihood Kallis will eclipse it eventually.