• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket included in the 2006 Asian Games....

Would you like to see cricket in the Asian games ( every 4 years) ?

• Yes , as official ODIs .

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes , but only twenty20 cricket.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yes , but restrict it to under 21 or something players.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Deja moo

International Captain
Cricket to make its debut in the Asian games .

Why ? Why ? Why ?

There will be 6 teams in the 2006 asian games cricket competing for medals.

Sound similar ? yeah....there are 6 teams in the Asia cup 2004 too.

And the Asia cup has been confirmed as a two yearly event.

So we will have the same 6 teams playing in similar tournaments 3 times in 4 years ( one asian games and 2 Asia cups ).

See my point ? The same 6 teams will play each other in two tournaments in 2006.

The Asian Cricket Council is reportedly behind the move and are ting to keep the international calendar clean during that period so that top stars can participate.

OVERKILL !
I hope they consider a different format for the asian games ( like the twenty20 format) or restrict the Asian games cricket to under 23 or under 21 teams agewise .

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Deja moo said:
restrict the Asian games cricket to under 23 or under 21 teams agewise .
That would be terrible and it would be better if the ACC just directly says to Asian Games officials that they don't want Cricket to be included in AG, CW ,Olympics,etc,. type of events than adopt this method.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
I reckon Twenty20 wont be a bad idea. I would hope it makes it to Olympics too. We need cricket to be globalised. Under 21/23 isn't that good an idea, as then no one would really care abt the match. That can't be good for the game.

V Reddy

International Debutant
delkap said:
I reckon Twenty20 wont be a bad idea. I would hope it makes it to Olympics too. We need cricket to be globalised. Under 21/23 isn't that good an idea, as then no one would really care abt the match. That can't be good for the game.
Not many even cared for an understrength Senior's games at CW and that attitude ****** CW officials and they removed it from those games. Then these boards want Cricket to be part of Olympics :laugh: :notworthy