Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: An experiment (part 1)

  1. #1
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,302

    An experiment (part 1)

    Following on from the Super Series Announcement, Cricinfo have attempted to pick their ROW XI here.

    I thought a Cricketweb version might be an interesting idea, but to make it easy to collate, I ask people only post their ROW XI's in this thread and leave discussion to other places.

    This part is for the Test XI's and I'll go first:

    Smith
    Gibbs
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Lara (c)
    Flintoff
    Boucher (wk)
    Pollock
    Akhtar
    Harmison
    Muralitharan

    After a week or so I'll collate and see who we pick.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    I like that side marc, although im not sure about Harmison.. I think Vaas deserves a spot...


    Smith
    Gibbs
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Lara (c)
    Flintoff
    Boucher (wk)
    Pollock
    Akhtar
    Vaas
    Muralitharan

  3. #3
    Cricket Spectator neilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham,England
    Posts
    25
    This is my pick:

    1. Matthew Hayden
    2. Graeme Smith
    3. Rahul Dravid
    4. Sachin Tendulkar
    5. Brian Lara
    6. Andrew Flintoff
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Shaun Pollock
    9. Shane Warne
    10. Glenn McGrath
    11. Steve Harmison

  4. #4
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by neilm
    This is my pick:

    1. Matthew Hayden
    2. Graeme Smith
    3. Rahul Dravid
    4. Sachin Tendulkar
    5. Brian Lara
    6. Andrew Flintoff
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Shaun Pollock
    9. Shane Warne
    10. Glenn McGrath
    11. Steve Harmison
    erm..spot the errors...and that doesnt include Harmison batting below McGrath
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com


  5. #5
    International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    I like that side marc, although im not sure about Harmison.. I think Vaas deserves a spot...


    Smith
    Gibbs
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Lara (c)
    Flintoff
    Boucher (wk)
    Pollock
    Akhtar
    Vaas
    Muralitharan
    How can you not have Harmison ? English bias maybe but he is the top ranked fast bowler in the world and will probably be the top ranked bowler in the world in a month once the WI tests finish.

  6. #6
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    1. G Smith(capt)
    2. Gibbs
    3. Lara
    4. Dravid
    5. Kallis
    6. Flintoff
    7. Sangakkarra (wk)
    8. Pollock
    9. Akhtar
    10. Harmison
    11. Muralitharan
    Last edited by Swervy; 08-07-2004 at 11:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    How can you not have Harmison ? English bias maybe but he is the top ranked fast bowler in the world and will probably be the top ranked bowler in the world in a month once the WI tests finish.
    Marc said:

    "I ask people only post their ROW XI's in this thread and leave discussion to other places."
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  8. #8
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,710
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Following on from the Super Series Announcement, Cricinfo have attempted to pick their ROW XI here.

    I thought a Cricketweb version might be an interesting idea, but to make it easy to collate, I ask people only post their ROW XI's in this thread and leave discussion to other places.

    This part is for the Test XI's and I'll go first:

    Smith
    Gibbs
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Lara (c)
    Flintoff
    Boucher (wk)
    Pollock
    Akhtar
    Harmison
    Muralitharan

    After a week or so I'll collate and see who we pick.
    HAHA Flintoff above Kallis!!???!!!

  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Not sure if my previous post is counted as vote. I stick to my original Team:
    1. Michael Vaughan
    2. Hershelle Gibbs
    3. Sachin Tendulkar
    4. Brian Lara (Captain)
    5. Rahul Dravid
    6. Jacques Kallis
    7. Kumar Sangakkara (Wicket keeper)
    8. Shaun Pollock (Vice Captain)
    9. Shoaib Akhtar
    10. Steve Harmison
    11. Muttiah Muralitharan

    Reserves: Anil Kumble, Makhaya Ntini, Irfan Pathan, Graeme Smith, VVS Laxman, Graeme Thorpe.
    Last edited by JASON; 08-07-2004 at 05:56 PM.

  10. #10
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wellington, NZ
    Posts
    773
    Smith (c)
    Gibbs
    Dravid
    Kallis
    Lara
    Laxman
    Flintoff
    Sangakkarra +
    Akthar
    Harmison
    Muralitharan
    Last edited by Kent; 08-07-2004 at 06:15 PM.

  11. #11
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    *Smith
    Vaughan
    Lara
    Tendulkar
    Laxman
    Kallis
    +Boucher
    Vaas
    Pollock
    Harmison
    Muralitharan
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  12. #12
    International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,065
    My test side to face Australia:

    1. Michael Vaughan
    2. Herschelle Gibbs
    3. Rahul Dravid
    4. Sachin Tendulkar
    5. Brian Lara
    6. Jacques Kallis
    7. Kumar Sangakkara (w/k)
    8. Shaun Pollock (captain)
    9. Shoaib Akhtar
    10. Steve Harmison
    11. Muttiah Muralitharan

    Reserve Players: VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Stephen Fleming, Mark Richardson, Graeme Smith, Makhaya Ntini, Shane Bond
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)


    "Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

    Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

  13. #13
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Herschelle Gibbs
    Michael Vaughan (captain)
    Rahul Dravid
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Brian Lara
    Jacques Kallis
    Geraint Jones (wicket-keeper)
    Chaminda Vaas
    Tino Best
    Steve Harmison
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Adamc's Avatar
    Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in the wind, so to speak
    Posts
    9,129
    Gibbs
    Dravid (c)
    Lara
    Tendulkar
    Inzamam
    Kallis
    Sangakkara (wk)
    Pollock
    Muralitharan
    Shoaib
    Harmison

  15. #15
    First Class Debutant Jnr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    802
    GC Smith
    HH Gibbs
    *R Dravid
    BC Lara
    SR Tendulkar
    JH Kallis
    +T Taibu
    WPUJC Vaas
    Shoaib Akhtar
    SJ Harmison
    M Muralitharan

    Kumble for Murali if he doesn't want to come.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •