• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

Deja moo

International Captain
Starts Friday 16 th July....

Indian Squad :

Sourav Ganguly (capt), Rahul Dravid (wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Parthiv Patel (wk), Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra.

Pakistan Squad :

Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Yousuf Youhana, Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Abdul Razzaq, Moin Khan (wk), Younis Khan, Mohammad Sami, Shabbir Ahmed, Shoaib Akhtar, Imran Nazir, Danish Kaneria, Naved-ul-Hasan.

Sri Lanka Squad :

Mahela Jayawardene, Sanath Jayasuriya, Saman Jayantha, Kumar Sangakkara, Tillakaratne Mudiyanselage Dilshan ,Thilina Kandamby, Upul Chandana, Chaminda Vaas, Nuwan Zoysa ,Muttiah Muralitharan ,Lasith Malinga ,Farveez Maharoof ,Avishka Gunawardene .

Bangladesh Squad :

Habibul Bashar (captain), Khaled Mashud (wicketkeeper), Rajin Saleh, Javed Omar, Mohammad Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahman, Khaled Mahmud, Mohammad Rafique, Manjurul Islam Rana, Tapash Baisya, Tareq Aziz Khan, Abdur Razzak and Faisal Hossain.

United Arab Emirates Squad :

Arshad Ali, Abdul Rehman ,Ali Asad Abbas ,Asghar Ali Khan Tabassam, Asim Saeed , Fahad Usman , Mohamed Tauqir , Muhammad Faward , Naeemuddin , Ram Veera Rai , Rizwan Ahmed , Sameer Zia , Syed Maqsood Ahmed .

Hong Kong Squad :

Rahul Sharma (Captain) ,Tim Smart (Vice Captain) ,Manoj Cheruparambil ,Ilyas Gul ,Tabarak Dar ,Alex French ,Najeeb Amar ,Roy Lamsan ,Afzaal Haider ,Nadeem Ahmed ,Khalid Khan ,Nasir Hameed ,Sher Lama ,Graeme Jardine

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
Groups and schedule :

Group A - Pakistan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, UAE

Schedule:

Phase One:

Friday, July 16: Bangladesh v Hong Kong (SSC), India v UAE (Dambulla)

Saturday, July 17: Pakistan v Bangladesh (SSC), Sri Lanka v UAE (Dambulla)

Sunday, July 18: Pakistan v Hong Kong (SSC), Sri Lanka v India (Dambulla)

Phase Two:

Wednesday, July 21: A2 v B2 (SSC), A1 v B1 (Premadasa)

Thursday, July 22: Reserve day

Friday, July 23: A2 v B1 (Premadasa)

Saturday, July 24: Reserve day

Sunday, July 25: A1 v B2 (Premadasa)

Monday, July 26: Reserve day

Tuesday, July 27: B1 v B2 (Premadasa)

Wednesday, July 28: Reserve day

Thursday, July 29: A1 v A2 (Premadasa)

Friday, July 30: Reserve day

Saturday, July 31: Rest day

Sunday, August 1: Final (Premadasa)

Monday, August 2: Reserve day.

FRAZ

International Captain
masterblaster said:
India-Pakistan final for me, India to win that.
WDO YOU mean my friend ? IMO Srilanka India final for sure .
and Eric Cartman and company (Pakistan) if comes fourth then that will be best for them . pityful F***s are these guys .

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Suggested Lankan team (a Cricketweb poster can do better than those seven fools!)-

BATSMEN:
Marvan
Sangakkara
Jayantha
Vandort
Chamara Silva

BATTING ALL-ROUNDERS:
Sanath
Gayan Wijekoon

WICKETKEEPER:
Prasanna

BOWLING ALL-ROUNDERS:
Maharoof/Mirando
Nimesh Perera

BOWLERS:
Vaas
Muralitharan
Dilhara
Herath
Malinga

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Broadcast information?

ARY is supposed to be showing it in England and also in the US.

Can anyone confirm this (the US part, ie) before i put down money for a subscription?

biased indian

International Coach
Ten sports in their daily round of news said that .
there was a sought ofr fighting between inzy and akthar today and woolmer had to interfear.i hope woolmer will stay for long time .

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
guys! you've gotten me totally excited!! im totally deprived of cricket here in chicago!! who is showing the asia cup here in North america??? whats ARY ??
how do i subscribe??? lol! soo many questions! :huh:

i only have Dish Network!

Sudeep

International Captain
Shouldn't this go into "Sticky" now, only a week left?

Anyway, India-SL final IMO, though India-Pakistan would be more fun.

Deja moo

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Shouldn't this go into "Sticky" now, only a week left?

Anyway, India-SL final IMO, though India-Pakistan would be more fun.

Sachin has gone on record saying that India want to start with a bang in their first match ( poor poor UAE )....Guess if India win the toss , they'll want to bat first and have a slogfest.

He also wants India to win undefeated. A Pakistan -Sri Lanka final would be depressing for Indian fans given the current form of the Indian team .

Sehwag309

Banned
dude said:
guys! you've gotten me totally excited!! im totally deprived of cricket here in chicago!! who is showing the asia cup here in North america??? whats ARY ??
how do i subscribe??? lol! soo many questions! :huh:

i only have Dish Network!
It's a Pakistani Channel, Ch.621. Try it until the Cup end and Cancel it, if u like

There is also something interesting, since it's only 1 channel..it's confusing to know as to which game will they when there are 2

However, if you download the schedule from Ary website, it opens up in Word and shows the following, I am not sure the BOLD part is spell check or suggesting that it will show that game

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
First Agarkar gone, soon Zaheer and Nehra will be out. It's about time they play their best cricket if they have to stay. They can't afford to go easy with Salvi and Bhandari in contention.

masterblaster

International Captain
Bhandari?!?!

Talented yes, but an International standard player.....no

I rather have Agarkar than Bhandari any day of the week.

For now, Id want a Irfan, Harbhajan, Kumble, Balaji attack.

No place for Zaheer or Nehra at this stage.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhandari does not try to bowl at a pace too much for him- Zaheer, Nehra and Agarkar do. He swings the ball and moves it off the pitch. He tries to make the batsmen play at every delivery. In matches away from home, especially in England, he can be quite a handful- in the A-team's tour of England, Salvi was average, Pathan and Balaji were pathetic, though they're more likely to get picked in the team. Bhandari did far better. He's also a good tailender and fielder. He had a good Kenstar series, though the faster Munaf Patel bowled RUBBISH and Bangar's medium pace was more than just medium-pace- it was wicket-taking. Balaji is a better bowler in spinner-friendly tracks and relies on low bounce for his wickets.