• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
Face it Marc, Flintoff could make five ducks in a row and you would still think he has done no wrong. I bet you even defended him when he averaged 5 with the bat in India in 2001.
Wouldn't have defended his batting, but obviously you were overlooking that fact that he was probably the best seamer on show during the series...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Erm, no I didn't, but unlike some people on here, I am able to change my opinion on players when I see them playing.
So I should instantly right at the drop of a second change what I have said about Flintoff to suit your ideals?

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
Wouldn't have defended his batting, but obviously you were overlooking that fact that he was probably the best seamer on show during the series...
What relevance this has to do with his batting in what I'm talking about?

And I would have thought Hoggard would have been right up there in establishing himself as a bowler capable of playing Test cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig, the fact he's been performing superbly for over a year now suggests your opinion of him is more than a little wrong, and your continual refusal to change it suggests that you are unable to change your initial opinion...

Andre

International Regular
And I directly quote:

Craig said:
Or maybe it was a poor shot by Lara, ever considered that? It was not one ball that he had to play at.

Face it Marc, Flintoff could make five ducks in a row and you would still think he has done no wrong. I bet you even defended him when he averaged 5 with the bat in India in 2001.
You've brought up Flintoff's bowling spell, and then for some bizzare reason used his batting in India as some sort of arguement in your case. But then you can't hack in when I use his bowling - the original theme I might add - to prove that your point of view is flawed, at best and in the most diplomatic of senses.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Craig, the fact he's been performing superbly for over a year now suggests your opinion of him is more than a little wrong, and your continual refusal to change it suggests that you are unable to change your initial opinion...
Maybe I should jog your memorey that I gave credit to Flintoff when he made his century, and I did say that maybe it is time I do change my opinion on Flintoff.

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
And I directly quote:

You've brought up Flintoff's bowling spell, and then for some bizzare reason used his batting in India as some sort of arguement in your case. But then you can't hack in when I use his bowling - the original theme I might add - to prove that your point of view is flawed, at best and in the most diplomatic of senses.
No I was not using his batting in my arguement, more at a sarcastic comment that Flintoff would defend Flintoff no matter what.

Maybe I didn't use the sarcasim comment at the bottom of my post.

Andre said:
People are quite often inconcise when trying to get their point across in an argument. Tip from someone who knows how: Take the time to refine what you're saying, as opposed to spraying (sometimes redundant) points.. You will find the clarity will make you appear to know your argument a lot better.

And do not say anything about being diplomatic in an argument. It is bizarre. Arguments are inherently not diplomatic, so get on your high horse and argue vehemently. Now. Go. You have been educated.

Andre

International Regular
Völt Krüeger said:
People are quite often inconcise when trying to get their point across in an argument. Tip from someone who knows how: Take the time to refine what you're saying, as opposed to spraying (sometimes redundant) points.. You will find the clarity will make you appear to know your argument a lot better.

And do not say anything about being diplomatic in an argument. It is bizarre. Arguments are inherently not diplomatic, so get on your high horse and argue vehemently. Now. Go. You have been educated.
Welcome back, Ged.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
No I was not using his batting in my arguement, more at a sarcastic comment that Flintoff would defend Flintoff no matter what.

Flintoff rarely defends though - hence his S/R

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Craig said:
Maybe I should jog your memorey that I gave credit to Flintoff when he made his century, and I did say that maybe it is time I do change my opinion on Flintoff.
Well then why haven't you?