• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's future

neilm

Cricket Spectator
Over here in England i dont get enough information about young Indian talents. I watched the U-19 World Cup, and i was very impressed with Dhawan, and the captain Rayudu looks like a tidy player. Do these guys play in county cricket in India? If they do i would appreciate some stats, because its nice to see what the future holds. Also, are there any other major talents? A young fast bowler maybe?

Thanks

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Im sure they will tell you all about it, the Indians here are always boasting about their up and coming youth:)

Although I can't say Aussies don't do the same with Clarke:p

masterblaster

International Captain
In the fast bowling department there's obviously Irfan Pathan who's doing quite well.
Also there is Munaf Patel who has been overhyped because of his speed, but he is a talent nontheless. Aavishkar Salvi was quite a talent, but keeps breaking down due to injury. Raghavendera or some bowler like that is also considered a talent. Sreeshanth (sp?) and Siddharth Trivedi make up the fast bowlers.

In the spin department you have Sarandeep Singh, Amit Mishra who have played a few games for India. Ramesh Powar is also a talented off spinner/all rounder.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Sreeshanth (sp?) and Siddharth Trivedi make up the fast bowlers.

In the spin department you have Sarandeep Singh, Amit Mishra who have played a few games for India. Ramesh Powar is also a talented off spinner/all rounder.

Sreeshantha and Trivedi are not good enough imo and are just hyped .

Amit i think is a real talent but won't get many chances now with Kumble , Harb and Murali being there.

Rayudu is like Sehwag . Takes too many risks and is doubtful whether he will get there or won't . Like Sehwag, he is also a decent off-spin bowler and a good fielder.

In keepers , watch out for Dinesh Kartik . I think he is a real talent . He is just 18 and has already scored centuries in Ranji Semis and Final last yr and is in the A team now.

Deja moo

International Captain
The spelling is Shreesanth.

Salvi is a McGrath type of bowler in that he sticks to bowling in the coridoor.

Rayudu gives away his wicket too easily.A bit like the VVS Laxman of before who made dazzling 20's and 30's , and then got out. Though it must be said that his wristwork is nowhere near VVS's class.

Shikhar Dhawan was Indias highest scorer in the recent u19 WC.

Dinesh Karthik as mentioned by Vishnu.

neilm

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the information lads

I've already heard of players like Salvi, Mishra, Powar and obviously Pathan. But thanks for the info about the others. keep me updated

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Unfortunately he and Watson are about the only ones though. :p
:mellow: :@ Don't get me started...

North, White, Marsh, Wright, Cleary, Tait and so on...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ramesh Powar is no 'young talent'- he is an experienced professional and probably one of the best fringe players in India. He's a seasoned player, ready for the big match. So is Rohan Gavaskar.

No player in India is hyped as much as Parthiv Patel- some say he can bat like Gilchrist, but he appears to be the opposite.

In the search for young talent, the selectors ignore their older and more seasoned, and more effective counterparts.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why not? He can still do a far better job than the Dravid/Parthiv combine. But who will select the team?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Kiri bhai is better than Dinesh Karthik as well. I am sure he can handle the the dual job of Wicket Keeper and chairman of selector.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The most promising youngsters in the plans for national selection would have to be Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Salvi, Balaji and Pathan, and probably Amit Mishra.