• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AA Dropped !!

Deja moo

International Captain
Mingster said:
How come the reason Agarkar has a higher RPO than Nehra then?

Because Agarkar gives away 5 runs per over and picks up wickets .

Ashish Nehra gives away 4 runs per over and does not pick up wickets.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Have England pulled out of tours claiming to be tired?

Didn't think so.
they will when the ecb can look past the money and look after their players. players are only human, they can get tired too. some boards choose to ignore it, others realise and address it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
Judge him on the bowling, and Nehra is a better ODI bowler than the erratic Agarkar.

Is that why AA was the quickest to 50 ODI wickets, and high up the list for 100?

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I have always thought that Indian bowler's economy would be much lower if they field well.

GermanShepherd

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
They pulled out, then a few weeks later rescheduled.

And security fears are a more valid reason than claiming to be tired then agreeing to play a lucrative series.
Well that lucrative series is being played in August a whole three weeks after
the Bangladesh (as per the original dates) was supposed to end -- which renders your original point of them ditching the test series for a lucrative one day tournament invalid. You have inferred incorrectly in earlier posts that the series were being played at the same time -- but there was never going to be a clash between them.

And on another point, the BCCI, at the time of the cancellation expressly informed the Bangladesh CRicket board that the series would be recheduled in the 2004-2005 season which they have done so.
So again your argument is flawed on this count.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Agarkar is the most inconsistent player one can ever come across in cricket.

therefore one can always say tha a few good performances he has had were just a fluke.

Mingster

State Regular
No, Agarkar is actually the most overrated player on this board. So since all you people think he's the best, can you even think of any reasons why he was dropped altogether?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i can see why nehra was picked... he has done quite well of late. agarkar (although with some brilliant performances) is not really consistent.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Mingster said:
No, Agarkar is actually the most overrated player on this board. So since all you people think he's the best, can you even think of any reasons why he was dropped altogether?
I don't think he's the best. But I do think that he's better than Nehra in ODIs.

Edit: I suppose Nehra was picked so he can have another chance to prove himself.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mingster said:
I'll rather have Nehra (200 from 50) than Agarkar (250 from 50).
Nehra's economy is 4.71 - that's 235/236 if there are 5 Nehras in the team and they take no wickets. If they takes wickets, 7 will fall within the time.

Nehra takes wickets at one per 7 or so overs (43 SR) meaning that a team of Nehras would have taken 5 wickets by the 40th over, leaving 5 wickets to prosper with runs late in the game.

Agarkar is 5.11 - 255/256 if the Agarkars take no wickets. If they take wickets, 9 wickets should fall within the time.

Agarkar takes wickets at 1 per 5 overs or so (32.6 SR) meaning that the Agarkars would have 8 wickets by the 40th over.

I'd take Agarkar over Nehra any day of the century. I think a lot of people seem to think Nehra's economy rate is better than it actually is.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
The reason I'd pick Nehra over Agarkar is because with Nehra, you kind of know what to expect. He's got a role to do and he will pretty much do it (ie bowl economically). With Agarkar, you don't know what to expect. He does brilliantly once every 30 matches he plays. I want to have a player who I can RELY on when it gets tough. This is where Nehra beats Agarkar.

Lets take a scenario. If the opposition needs to score 8 runs off the final over, who will you want to bowl? Agarkar or Nehra? Nehra for sure......

Sudeep

International Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
Lets take a scenario. If the opposition needs to score 8 runs off the final over, who will you want to bowl? Agarkar or Nehra? Nehra for sure......
Yes, but just because of that one final over you cannot compromise on the other nine the bowler is allowed to bowl.

Who picks up more wickets in those nine overs, Agarkar or Nehra?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
You clearly do not get the irony of the AAAS.

Not one of us will claim him the best.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
NEhra would be a much better bowler if he stayed fit a lot longer. And a better fielder too.