• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Eleven for ICC Super series V Australia

Revelation

U19 Debutant
jsut to be a bit facetious or antagonistic.....why not jacobs for w/c???he's quite good and has a few centuries (2 against SA)

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd say it's less because of him lacking skills and more because of the greater skills of the other wicket keepers around the world. Also, does he stand up to any strong spinners? I'm not sure. In addition to that, does anyone know for sure if he'll even be playing next year...? Surely by now, with 2007 coming up, they'll be training up a new wicket keeper - or is he going to take it all the way to the WC?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jacobs would certainly love to play in WC 2007 but he knows and everyone else that he won't be. Carlton Baugh is not quite ready yet but is tagging along on tour after tour, getting a game here and there. Ideally I would have liked to see Baugh in against Bangladesh rather than Jacobs.

At the moment though, Jacobs is doing a very fine job with bat and gloves and should continue until Baugh (or possible Ramdin) are up to it.