• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentator

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My favourite currently has to be Dermot Reeve...

SL-Eng 00-01... "Not Out... OUT?!!?! at huge volume" At one of BC Cooray's dodgier decisions.

NW Series 02... "That is the best catch I have ever seen in my life" on Kirtley

Wonderful overreactions...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dermot Reeve's excesses are likely to be immortalised in print.

Private Eye tend to use a few more cricket commentators' gaffes in their legendary 'Colemanballs' books nowadays (my wife always buys me the new one for Christmas, together with the latest 'Darwin Awards').

I'm glad she shows no imagination.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
I like Holding and Boycott because just by listening to their analysis you learn a lot, plus they call it as they see it and don't 'over praise' players. Exciting commentary in the ODI matches: Tony Grieg.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Tony grieg is the most biased commentator i have ever heard. More than bias he is also stupid..and i hate it when he goes nuts like a radio commentator when nothing happens.

I like Sunny, richie,shastri,boycs, harsha bogle and Henry blofeld.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Tony greig often acts like an over hyped kid at the mic. I hate it when he comes up with unnecessary wild reactions. I Admire his love for the game, but as a commentator well....

Typically he would come up with a scream : AAAOHHHHHH he's got him caught behind its all over.............well the umpire didn't budge.........My initial reaction WAS...you know the rest......

And yes he is biased 90 times out of 100, While he's commentating, only one team are out in the field playing.

[Edited on 9/6/02 by Gotchya]

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Gotchya..u summed it up..haha..i cant ever forget his reaction when the ball is hit in the air or the batsman is beaten.

Btw which team are u referring to ?

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Normally its Sri Lanka and Australia that Tony gets excited about.

I would order some cotton buds if Australia and Sri Lanka make it to the WC final.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I love listening to Navjot Sidhu, its the funniest thing ever- he comes out with some pearlers...
"Nathan Astle has hit that sweet as tutti-frutti"
but i dont exactly have great admiration or respect for him.

Wonder how will Ajit Agarkar fare as a comentator? It would be interesting to see how the King of Ducks responds on watching a batsman getting out on a duck! :D