• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentator

yaju

State Vice-Captain
This topic is actually the idea of Sriram k.

Who is your favourite commentator? Mine is Navjot, Harsha, Geoffery, and Sunil.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Australian commentator with the white floppy hat, can never remember his name!

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah he's "Seth Efrican" :)

I dont reckon anyone beats Richie Benaud though :) he rocks!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
My favourite is Geoff Boycott, he is deadly serious but brings out a laugh in almost everything he says. His british accent makes it sound even better too.

I have quite a few commentators which i dislike including: Healy, Grieg, Taylor & Crowe. They may have been great players, but they just aren't up to the mark in commentating.

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mark Taylor is kidding himself if the thinks he can be a top class commentator, up there with Richie, Bill and Tony.

Richie Benaud is the best commentator in the world and there is no doubt about it!

Another good one is and Indian fellow, Hasha Bogle (sorry if the spelling is wrong)

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Seems like my choice of commentators goes down well with most ppl.
My favourites are Harsha Bhogle and Boycott.

Hodgey

Cricket Spectator
i like tony greig but one thing that annoys me is how he says 'room'! :(!
it hard to explain in writing but he says room like roum!

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
No Billy Birmingham is the 12th man - a funny bugger :) He does sendups of the channel 9 commentary team.

The one commentator i CANNOT STAND is that stupid kiwi idiot who did channel 9 commentary for the Aus vs NZ "tist metch" One more stupid comment in a kiwi accent from him and i would throw a brick through the television!

On the topic of Tony Greig...

"Well hes making a but of roum on the orfside, turning into a marfellous partnership(with emphasis on the a)"

[Edited on 12/17/01 by sean]

Michael

Cricket Spectator
I actually liked the kiwi he was doing the AUS vs NZ matches this summer. Benaud and Holding are good.

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
My all star commentary team would go a bit like this.

Harsha Bhogle (great commentator but made some comments about the Australians a couple of weeks ago which were not called for)

Ian Smith (Smithy is always a pleasure to listen to)

Geoffrey Boycott (the harshest critic of them all - plus i do a great vocal impression)

Bill Lawry (someone for everyone to argue with)

Brian Waddle (very impressive during the Aus vs NZ series on the radio)

Navjot Sidhu (the worst metaphors that have ever come from my television - gimme a dollar everytime i hear "he's opened him up like a can of beans")

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ian Smith is a complete idiot! I couldnt stand him!

One more stupid comment in a kiwi accent and I would throw a brick at the television! :(!