• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just hand us over the World cup!!!

Yeah baby, We are the no 1 team in the world, the way we thrashed the English and the Lankan side repeatidly is a proof of that.
Ganguly's men are the king, just hand us over the World cup, no one can dispute our superiority in Onedayers!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"Thrashed" - There were three balls to go... Also, England are one of the poorer ODI sides and Sri Lanka have played too many matches recently. Wait till you get up against the Aussies or even NZ, you'll come unstuck. All credit to Kaif and Yuvraj though, great innings.

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah baby, We are the no 1 team in the world, the way we thrashed the English and the Lankan side repeatidly is a proof of that.
Were you watching the same games as me? you topped the table just after beatting SL in the last game, England also had a better run rate than both teams. Also you beat England once in three games in the group stages.

Yeah you won the final, by just 2wkts with just 2 balls to spare, after the opposition managed to score 325.

IMO, yeah the best team won, however I wouldn't say you thrashed either of England or SL there were alot of close games during the series.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
It don't matter how the wins were achieved.The winning does.And this Indian team has shown the grit in this series that makes world beaters.Yeah, England lost to India only once in the league matches but it would have been two losses had rain not come to England's rescue in that match in Durham.And Sri Lanka were no match for India in any of the encounters.

Now, the next real test for India would be the ICC Knockout in Sri Lanka and the NZ series after that.

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Worldbeaters???

England are one of the weakest onedayer side in the world.India will have to beat Aus/SA and Pak to really prove themselves.
Indian batting is good, but will be tested against Stronger sides, their bowling is lousy , maybe they should drop Mongia and bring Nath in his place,Nath is a quality bowler.The bits and pieces bowlers that bowled 10 overs conceded 72 runs againt Eng, against stronger teams, they would well go for 90-100 runs!!

Rich2001

International Captain
It don't matter how the wins were achieved.The winning does.And this Indian team has shown the grit in this series that makes world beaters.Yeah, England lost to India only once in the league matches but it would have been two losses had rain not come to England's rescue in that match in Durham.
Firstly, yes your right about doesn't matter i you win by 10 wkts or 1 wkt it's still a win, but my point is yes they won but they didn't thrash either England or Sri Lanka in every game.

Second, The match that was rained off in Durham is impossible to say who would have won, IMO England were in a good postion they started to attack and score freely after the first rain stoppage. 53/1 chasing 233 after just 12 overs, anything could happen the last two overs before going off england scored 7 runs and 9 runs, with 9 wkts in hand and players like Knight (not out) Flintoff, Irani, Stewart still to come, well lets just say I wouldn't bet my life on it!

Eng and Sl have a p@ssy sides when u compare it with India, they neither have the talent nor the class to match India's might!

I'm talking about onedayer team, so please don't get mixed up with longer version of the game!

Rich2001

International Captain
Eng and Sl have a p@ssy sides when u compare it with India, they neither have the talent nor the class to match India's might!

I'm talking about onedayer team, so please don't get mixed up with longer version of the game!
When was the longer version of the game ever mentioned?

No it wasn't mentioned on this site.

But normally whenever u start a topic about Indian team, the ppl respond to it by reminding the Indian team record in Tests matches for the past 16 yrs overseas!

Just wanted to keep that stuff off the post!

Rich2001

International Captain
No it wasn't mentioned on this site.

But normally whenever u start a topic about Indian team, the ppl respond to it by reminding the Indian team record in Tests matches for the past 16 yrs overseas!

Just wanted to keep that stuff off the post!
Well like someone said earlier I would wait until you face a team like World Cup olders Australia before you claim to be world beaters.

But agree that you do have a team that is developing well, and have some exciting youth coming through the ranks.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
okay

settle

okay Neil and Rich are English supporters and we still gotta respect them , we werent exactly playing ' world class ' cricket , i bet u when India were 5 down u were crying , well u werent ? i was !

Dont keep your mouths shut if england or sri lanka happen to knock india out in the worldcup , then u come back here

You really cant argue with me there , cause i am a die hard indian and new zealand cricket fan , doesnt mean Indias world number one if they win the 3rd final in 10 tries ?

Talk sense mate , and keep it cool , think what would have happend if English one , rich and neil would have still been the same as they are now ...

Respect

Anoop

U19 12th Man
India played well and won.. It was quite a victory.. But "world beaters"? .. I doubt it!!

Winning one tournament won't give you the world cup mate!

Kimbo

International Debutant
well there is one tournament that would give you the world cup... the world cup.

Eclipse

International Debutant
India are NO WAY NEAR the best team in the world.

This is crazy India are not in the same class as Australia or South Africa or tho they are deffinatly improving.

To say "Just hand us over the World cup" is way over the top! at this stage.

Hi Cozmic, so u here too? i guess lots of ur buddies from Sports.com will be here soon!

INdia is the best team right now.Somebody said that India is not in the same league as Aus and SA, well i have news for u guys.Aus have been losing to teams like NZ and Paks, what makes u think they are SO great?

English team is crap, and NZ too have a lousy side.I would say only 3 team can win the cup, either Aus(if they recall Waugh),INdia or SA.Since SA is the home team and chokes under pressure, my best bet will be India!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I would rate India 4th or 5th in the world at this stage. Behind AUS, SA, NZ and then PAK and IND are very close. Sure NZ didn't play great cricket in Pak but u have to look at injuries and the conditions they were in. Aus looked all class in South Africa, and SA will always be up there. Pak has some great bowlers and they can beat any team on there day whereas I think India needs better bowlers to be a real threat and some people who perform consistantly.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I don't rate NZ so highly at this stage. They have to show they can beat the lower teams consistently (such as the west indies).
once our top players step up and perform regularly we are up there with the best, but until then we can be easily embarrassed.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I totally agree Sunil but NZ always seem to rise for the big games. There is still alot of work to be done by the team