• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just hand us over the World cup!!!

nehrafan

Banned
Kaif:45!
Mongia:35
Dravid:38
Tendulkar:44
Ganguly:43

Hayden:33
Gilli:33
ponting:40
Lehman:36
Bevan:55.8
Martyn:39

How does Indian batting suxs?? Only Bevan have an outstanding ave!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Away from home the averages are interesting:

Kaif: 39 = lower
Mongia: 27 = lower
Dravid: 53 = higher
Tendulkar: 34 = lower
Ganguly: 43 = Virtually the same

Hayden: 38 = higher
Gilchrist: 35 = higher
Ponting: 45 = higher
Lehmann: 31 = lower
Bevan: 56 = higher
Martyn: 40 = higher

Interesting that................

All I'll say is that it's a lot easier to fill your boots on the flat, slow wickets of India as opposed to the bouncy WACA or seaming 'Gabba.

Believe me, the Test averages away from India and in India are even more stark.

Eclipse

International Debutant
ok Indias batsman dont suck I should never have said that but.

Mongia and Kaif are still yet to establish there avrages and to be honest i doubt wether Kaif will avrage over 40 maybe 38-40 but no more (witch is very good by the way)

Mongia is not very good his performances in england were shocking so his avrage will come down and probably settle at around 30-33

Also i might mention indian batsman have a big advantage in getting higher avrages because batting in india is soo much easyer
if i remember the avrage score for ODIs in india is about 40 runs more a match than it is in australia and thats for all teams.

also the strike rates of the australian batsman are far betteer.

nehrafan

Banned
So basically except for Mongia , others ave aren't unimpressive abroad.

Yuvraj ave 36 outside India!

No one is talking about test matches, so ur point is baseless!Tendulkar may have an ave of 30+ outside India, but he's still the best batter in the game!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, they all have a good away record, except for Mongia, who would be axed in the WC and replace by Javagal to strengthen ur bowling attack.

All and all a superb batting lineup!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
man this topic is turning really funny

if i can see india performing constantly beating teams like nz , aus and s.a and the rest at pitches like Australia and South Africa then my view would change

but so far

Australia is number 1

South Africa number 2

indias batting lineup on paper is heavenly but in a game they dont perform constantly and even if they do the bowlers let them down big time. With Srinath teaming up with Khan and Nehra doesnt suddenly mean " oh damn its the terrorizing trio eg McGrath Lee and Gillespie or Waqar , Shoaib and Akram "
i can see srinath playing a lot of cricket and if he brought suddenly on the cricket world again , he might as well sit home and eat a pie and watch india perform